• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I redeem them before putting them in their bag/boards again, as i get them with bags/boards from dcbs. Otherwise if i sell my issues on ebay i'd end up forgetting to redeem the code Xo.
I do the same (redeem before bag/board)... it's just that I don't bag very often, not until I have a stack. And this time, I let the stack get BIG.

diaspora

There's only one way that could end...

xJRTpp7.jpg

tim1138

The last page reveal in Suicide Squad was pretty great, glad I picked that up this month. The first couple pages of GLC have GL 20 spoilers, so beware.

The last page reveal in Suicide Squad was pretty great, glad I picked that up this month. The first couple pages of GLC have GL 20 spoilers, so beware.
DC is so stupid to have these released before twenty. Something so obvious and they can't get it through their skulls.

Yep, when they knew GL was going to be delayed, they should have pushed everything else back to rekease the same or following week.

Yes and no. There are people who get, say, GL Corp or New Guardians but not GL, no sense pushing it back for them. And really, can't you just not read it if it's that important? I know that is what I'll be doing.

tim1138

Yes and no. There are people who get, say, GL Corp or New Guardians but not GL, no sense pushing it back for them. And really, can't you just not read it if it's that important? I know that is what I'll be doing.

They did it in previous months to make sure nothing in the First Lantern arc was released out of order, I wanna say it was Feb and March where GL, GLC, and GL:NG all released the same week. So why not do it again for the wrap up of the story?

-e-

It was also a pretty disappointing issue in general, I expected more from Tomasi.

ElNarez

Banned
What's the most recent jumping on point for Suicide Squad?

This one. #20. If for some reason you didn't think the previous 19 issues of Suicide Squad were Suicide Squad enough, this is Peak Suicide Squad, a.k.a. a bunch of DC Comics loose ends trapped in machinations and deception, with personality and wit out the goddamn wazoo. It is pretty much The New Hotness, and you need to cop that.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This one. #20. If for some reason you didn't think the previous 19 issues of Suicide Squad were Suicide Squad enough, this is Peak Suicide Squad, a.k.a. a bunch of DC Comics loose ends trapped in machinations and deception, with personality and wit out the goddamn wazoo. It is pretty much The New Hotness, and you need to cop that.

Please tell me they've gotten rid of Juggalette Harely Quinn.

Nudull

Banned
I was tempted to get Suicide Squad today, but it was out of my budget. Hopefully, I can pick it up later this weekend. I did end up getting Suicide Risk, though, so it works out.

I was tempted to get Suicide Squad today, but it was out of my budget. Hopefully, I can pick it up later this weekend. I did end up getting Suicide Risk, though, so it works out.

Now you just need Risk Squad, coming this summer by Jeph Loeb and Marat Mychaels

This is the first issue I've ever picked up and I wasn't lost at all. I'd say the start of a new creative team is always a good jump on point.

Thanks.

I've never been a huge fan of Suicide Squad. I mean, I like the concept, but it just hasn't been high on my priority list. But this positive buzz has me willing to check it out.

kswiston

- Remender went a bit overboard with the narration in Uncanny Avengers again in issue 8, but still a good issue all around.

- Avengers 11 was one of the best issues of the series so far. A lot of great moments.

- Things are escalating really quickly in Avengers Arena.

EDIT: Also, it looks like Marvel Unlimited if officially on Android devices

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Batman 20: A nice end to a short arc, with a bit of fanservice thrown in.
BATMAN BEYOND SUIT!!!!!
OK, maybe more than a bit. It got me pretty hyped.

Damn couldn't get Suicide Squad since I spent some money on the Simon Baz figure. JLA is going a little slow right now. Come on Johns don't tread water till Trinity War.

kswiston

I wonder how the JLA colourist managed to mistake Martian Manhunter for Batman in that one panel of JLA #3. It was sort of jarring to read at first. I'm surprised that made it past the editor.

@Fuu- Thanks.

Gimme a summary of what happened in #17 please!

Catwoman was stealing something and Superman showed up so she hauled ass. She yelled at him about not paying attention to the little people but he said he wasn't trying to stop her, just telling her she needs to go see Bruce because Dick died. So she freaks and goes to the mansion and hugs way drunk Alfred and said she'd here to take care of them. Goes into the cave and Bruce was punching a log with his hands all bloody and hugs on him too

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I occasionally buy Suicide Squad if the cover looks interesting and it has been up and down. Ill add it to my list. Also added Creepy #12 from Dark Horse.

frye

I wonder how the JLA colourist managed to mistake Martian Manhunter for Batman in that one panel of JLA #3. It was sort of jarring to read at first. I'm surprised that made it past the editor.

No one in this comic gives a fuuuuuuuuuck. This books rules.

Except the backups, which are pretty shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom