• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
It's a real fucking shame Bendis made eight issues of the most boring shit, because once DeConnick got the reigns it turned into basically Archer but with funny spandex suits instead of turtlenecks.

Morbius is the blandest superhero comic Marvel is producing currently. It feel like it stepped out of some portal from the 90s, or DC's nu52 or some shit

01-02-2013-013542PM-620x961.jpg

Boring dialog, dull voiceover, attempt at humor(?), bland artwork, this one's got it all folks

Owzers

am i the only comics-gaf person reading Buffy and Angel dark horse series? Thoughts on it?

Buffy's been iffy but i've really lost interest in Angel, there's only one issue i really liked of Angel & Faith so far, the one with Samnee art. I really liked a lot of the beginning Season 8 Buffy arcs but the last big Twilight arc lost me and nothing has been as good as early season 8 since.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Morbius is the blandest superhero comic Marvel is producing currently. It feel like it stepped out of some portal from the 90s, or DC's nu52 or some shit

Boring dialog, dull voiceover, attempt at humor(?), bland artwork, this one's got it all folks

a morbius book should have him as lead scientist/explorer at a.r.m.o.r., not constantly turn him into the misunderstood/brooding vampire trope. that shit gets old.

How many posts has VJC dropped without a Morrison link? Holy moly.

http://collider.com/grant-morrison-dc-comics-batman-superman-interview/

Took me 14 seconds, dude.

im hoping that whatever multiversity is, its better than final crisis

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

01-02-2013-013542PM-620x961.jpg

Christ, the dude should be hunting supernatural shit. Not getting in street fights.

youre free to your opinion, but other than the snapper/cheetah sexing that went nowhere, and the battle of the supermen, it was boring

That was not by Morrison.

If you read the 12 issues provided by Morrison (FC 1-7, Submit, Superman Beyond and the 2 Morrison Batman Issues) it is great :)

kswiston

I found Final Crisis a little boring when I was reading it month to month, but really liked it when I read the series a second time after it was finished. Didn't help matters the first time that I was unaware that Superman Beyond was required reading and skipped over it.

I found Final Crisis a little boring when I was reading it month to month, but really liked it when I read the series a second time after it was finished. Didn't help matters the first time that I was unaware that Superman Beyond was required reading and skipped over it.

Yeah it is really a mess when you don't read it in the right order and have all those useless tie-in books that could in no way follow Morrison's idea about final crisis.

While JLA was his superhero epos, FC was the carefully constructed message about his previous storyies and all the other stories in fictional universes in my eyes. (It is especially interesting to compare Morrion's work on these issues with Stephen King's in his DT books, fascinating explorations on those issues by both men)

Heck, I'm not sure what lead to Johns and Didio greenlighting the story as a summer event and that it was supposed to have happend in the DCU. It was a meta story about the industry, artists and the general purpose of ideas and creativity. It was the end of the world, that never ends. Alone the metaphors Morrison loaded into his Darkside for this were more than most mainstream author's can place in a 100 issue+ run.

I need to get the final crisis HC> I missed the superman story when it was happening. I fell like it kinda ties things together.

When you have the money - try to get the Absolute Edition. It's is not only gorgerous, but the only version that expands on the last issue of FC and spells out several things that got lost in the regular edition and it makes the main villain quite a bit stronger.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That was not by Morrison.

If you read the 12 issues provided by Morrison (FC 1-7, Submit, Superman Beyond and the 2 Morrison Batman Issues) it is great :)

I was talking about final crisis overall with that comment, not just the Morrison issues

tim1138

When you have the money - try to get the Absolute Edition. It's is not only gorgerous, but the only version that expands on the last issue of FC and spells out several things that got lost in the regular edition and it makes the main villain quite a bit stronger.

I was wondering about this, may have a little extra cash soon, will probably pick this up.

Yeah, they fixed some of my bigger problems with that rushed conclusion. The final battle is just two reallllly compressed pages in the original release, but there's several new pages in Absolute Edition that strengthen the cliamx and give Mandrakk more explanation to the reader besides "inexplicable space vampire who's suddenly the main villain and then is killed in 2 pages"

61zo6Ybzz8L.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah, they fixed some of my bigger problems with that rushed conclusion. The final battle is just two reallllly compressed pages in the original release, but there's several new pages in Absolute Edition that strengthen the cliamx and give Mandrakk more explanation to the reader besides "inexplicable space vampire who's suddenly the main villain and then is killed in 2 pages"

[/IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61zo6Ybzz8L.jpg[/IMG]

It really pains me that there are exclusive story pages in that book. I'd love the definitive version of Final Crisis, but not to double dip for $90+.

I'm really interested in all of the rumors going around now about what comes next for Legion. And watching Mark Waid meltdown on twitter over it was pretty interesting. Threeboot is my least favorite incarnation, but it's still Legion. So, yeah.

frye

i hope they put more has-beens on that book

i know i sure as hell want to read TEENAGERS IN SPACE by literal grandpas

tim1138

I'm really interested in all of the rumors going around now about what comes next for Legion. And watching Mark Waid meltdown on twitter over it was pretty interesting. Threeboot is my least favorite incarnation, but it's still Legion. So, yeah.

The Justice Legion rumor that's going around is pretty interesting. Really though, I think it was just time for some new blood on the title, especially after they screwed up the roster with the Legion Lost nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom