• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

Nearly done reading a digital version of Annihilation Book 1. Book 2, 3, and Conquest Book 2 arrived today. War of Kings and a hardcover version of Realm of Kings are on the way. Gonna be some good readin' going on.

Nova and Drax own.

The Justice Legion rumor that's going around is pretty interesting. Really though, I think it was just time for some new blood on the title, especially after they screwed up the roster with the Legion Lost nonsense.

A much reduced Legion especially begs the question; Who survives? Who is on it? Lets assume its, say, a group of seven. Who do we get? Mon El, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Braniac 5, +2???

i hope they put more has-beens on that book

i know i sure as hell want to read TEENAGERS IN SPACE by literal grandpas

You obviously haven't read Legion in awhile (ever?) They haven't been teenagers for some time. And your comment could be applied to essentially most writers at this point.

tim1138

A much reduced Legion especially begs the question; Who survives? Who is on it? Lets assume its, say, a group of seven. Who do we get? Mon El, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Braniac 5, +2???

You obviously haven't read Legion in awhile (ever?) They haven't been teenagers for some time. And your comment could be applied to essentially most writers at this point.

Timber Wolf and Dawnstar? Or are they still stuck in the 21st century?
Phantom Girl?

Timber Wolf and Dawnstar? Or are they still stuck in the 21st century?
Phantom Girl?

The solicit to Legion #23 suggests a few deaths which could highlight who likely wouldn't be on such a team.

Possible dead include:
Bouncing Boy, Phantom Girl, Dream Girl, Triplicate Girl, Blok?, Polar Boy, Ultra Boy, Chameleon Kid.

frye

e: actually, i'm being a dick.

I've read a lot of Legion, but none of it has ever really stuck with me outside of Waid/Kitson.

At the same time, I like the *idea* of the Legion (at least as it's been described to me) and the core of that and what makes the Legion exciting is when it deals with youth. I can't give a rat's ass about the Levitz shit.

What do you guys think of the elimination of comics handicapped heroes? Professor Xavier was healed and then was killed (for the 100th time). And Batgirl's assault by the Joker was retconned and in doing so robbed us of one of Batgirl's and Batman's most defining moments and one of DCs most interesting character (Oracle).

I'm not aware of any others but I suspect Daredevil will get his sight back soon.

Wool

What do you guys think of the elimination of comics handicapped heroes? Professor Xavier was healed and then was killed (for the 100th time). And Batgirl's assault by the Joker was retconned and in doing so robbed us of one of Batgirl's and Batman's most defining moments and one of DCs most interesting character (Oracle).

I'm not aware of any others but I suspect Daredevil will get his sight back soon.

Blindfold has a more prominent role than she's ever had in X-Men Legacy.

Nudull

Banned

With Barbara at least, I mostly chalk it up to DC's usual shenanigans towards Cass and Steph, along with the ever-brilliant idea of cramming the Batfamily's previous history into such a short time frame. I understand wanting to have an active Batgirl for the New 52, and it's a shame that Gail gets most of the flack for this decision, but I do agree that this wasn't the ideal way to go.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So do the Hellboy Library editions have all the minis and spinoffs? Thinking of jumping in.

I'm not sure if they have all of them but half of the second one was filled with really short stories. I'm going to finish buying the rest of those and BPRD. If I missed out on some good short stories then ill track those down.

This shows what each volume contains.

http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Hellboy_Library_Editions

Xux

Batgirl being healed and everything is kinda iffy. I thought they handled it rather well, though, with her trauma and the first villain and everything.

I'm actually glad we got Xavier out of the chair. Claremont got him up and about, then he to put him back into the chair because Bob Harras/Jim Lee had a hard-on for the classic Byrne/Cockrum era. Morrison took him out the chair, then reversed that shit too. Just let the man walk, geez!

Duress

I'm actually glad we got Xavier out of the chair. Claremont got him up and about, then he to put him back into the chair because Bob Harras/Jim Lee had a hard-on for the classic Byrne/Cockrum era. Morrison took him out the chair, then reversed that shit too. Just let the man walk, geez!

They need to make a compromise. Maybe some sort of limping Xavier? Maybe a leg lopped off?

Dysun

Multiversity sounds awesome, I expect insanity. That post Hitler Superman Nazi state ohboy

Prof X should stay dead for awhile, at least as long as Jean has post-Morrison

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
No Archie at all this week is a major bummer. I'm fairly DC-heavy even though I still have sworn off Catwoman until there's a new writer.

1256853_ful.jpg
1256865_ful.jpg
1256866_ful.jpg

1256917_ful.jpg
1256920_ful.jpg
1256927_ful.jpg

1257343_ful.jpg
1246014_ful.jpg
1256955_ful.jpg

1273760_ful.jpg
1257015_ful.jpg
1241933_ful.jpg

1236941_ful.jpg
1257165_ful.jpg
1257167_ful.jpg

1252451_ful.jpg
1273776_ful.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
How can you look at that Batwoman cover and not want to buy it? It's unpossible!

EDIT: Wait. Is that fucking New Warriors? What the what?

Wool

Guileless if you could recommend 1 of those T'n'A books to subscribe to, which one would it be? I really don't know anything about them, but I'm open to anything with a good story.

Guileless

Guileless if you could recommend 1 of those T'n'A books to subscribe to, which one would it be? I really don't know anything about them, but I'm open to anything with a good story.

Well, 'good story' is a relative term in this category. I would say that the new Aspen books have been good. The FCBD Aphrodite IX was great. It's the first issue in a new series.

Guileless

Well, guess what I'm buying.

Was hoping they relaunched the team and said Robbie was cloned or something

That would be sweet. Instocktrades has it for $50.00 right now (list is $100.00). I'm buying it now because I'm sure the print run is low.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That would be sweet. Instocktrades has it for $50.00 right now (list is $100.00). I'm buying it now because I'm sure the print run is low.

It would be right? I miss Speedball and Namorita. The MU could use a light hearted series right aboot now.

Thanks for the price tip, btw. Definitely getting that.

ElNarez

Banned
AW DIP I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING IT'S LIST TIME:

-Batwoman #20
-Vibe #4
-Red Hood and the Outlaws #20
-Wonder Woman #20 (Quick aside: puns -> wordplay -> poetry -> I'm saying that Wonder Woman is written like a modern mythological epic and that's what makes it so flipping amazing)
-Age of Ultron #8
-Cable and X-Force #8
-FF #7
-Iron Man #10 (How fucking good is Iron Man without Land, seriously?)
-Nova #4 (STILL GOOD SOMEHOW WHAT THE CRAP)
-WatXM #29
-X-Factor #256 (shit is getting the most real I cannot handle I didn't even care that much about X-Factor and it still got me)
-Regular Show #1 (KC MOTHERFUCKING GREEN Y'ALL)

ElNarez

Banned
Seriously? That's the first one of his recent variants where the girl on it didn't have exactly the same face as the girl from the previous cover.

frye

Anyone read his X-Women one-shot with Claremont?

Two old perverts making a comic shouldn't be that booooooooooring.

Seriously? That's the first one of his recent variants where the girl on it didn't have exactly the same face as the girl from the previous cover.

His work has a particular style to it, certainly, but the faces are different enough from one another.

Has the Wasp piece made it onto the internet yet? I've seen the poster solicited, but no image.

Only one pick-up for this week:

FF#7

But most likely won't be able to get until Thursday most likely... Or I can make a really quick stop at my LCS before making a dinner meet-up at 6:30 (timing will be super-tight).

ElNarez

Banned
Another thing about Wonder Woman that I love: the book is all about the Greek pantheon being scared of death, and then Orion shows up, and it kinda plays with the whole THERE CAME A TIME WHEN THE OLD GODS DIED thing.

Nudull

Banned
Damn. Manara keeps nailing these covers. And Marvel knows it, because they keep making posters out of them.

Wouldn't mind some Cap. Marvel posters. That costume alone has been all sorts of awesome.

Has Nova actually been good, so far? All I've been hearing is more about Loeb's writer decay, but I'm curious about this run, at least.

Resilient

Has Land been dropped from Iron Man? Does anyone pick it up here? Wanna get back into it but Land can suck my ass. The first 2 issues were disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom