• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wool

Irving made a boring worthless issue of Uncanny X-Men tolerable, but Bendis. Ebay better not let me down when i try to unload more of these all new x-men and uncanny issues.

Bendis.

Are you talking about #5? They have to go fight Dormammu now, man! Dormammu!
I will buy your #4 if you still have it, my CBS didn't get enough copies.

Are there high expectations for this "Lazarus" comic coming out in June? I read this preview, and it doesn't do much for me, but there is a high opinion of Greg Rucka around here. I haven't actually read anything by him, but Spike's "on the bullhorn" a couple months ago was pretty convincing.

frye

Finally sat down to read Multiple Warheads #4, it was kind of like being high in comic form. I like Nura but I wish there was a bit of Sexica and Nikoli in this issue too. I also like the way Brandon acknowledges how long it will take for him to make the next series in the last page, lol.

Yeah, I dug it but it's an odd way to end the series for a year.

Are there high expectations for this "Lazarus" comic coming out in June? I read this preview, and it doesn't do much for me, but there is a high opinion of Greg Rucka around here. I haven't actually read anything by him, but Spike's "on the bullhorn" a couple months ago was pretty convincing.

I'm kind of interested in this because I like Lark (would prefer he do more cool things with Bru tbh but that dude's busy) but Rucka is pretty hit or miss for me. A lotta folks like his stuff though.

tim1138

It was all apart of the plan brah. McNiven couldn't even last two issues on GotG with oodles of lead time without Sara Pichelli cleaning it up. And it was all apart of Loebs plan that he would only last five issues on Nova, his son is proud.

And fuk whoever bought Morbius over Vibe.

Damn Rafa, remind me not to make you mad.

And seriously people, buy Vibe. It's a fun book that doesn't deserve to get canceled.

Nudull

Banned
Turns out, I had enough extra change to get Vibe #1 from Comixology. Hope it's good!

I also decided to try out Fables with issue 129, earlier today. While I was lost here and there, I did like what I was reading, so I might try out some of the beginning trades, soon.

I didn't buy Vibe because of the Finch covers and I thought it ties into whatever JLA crap was going on that I wasn't liking. But you guys say its fun and I'm needing more of that from DC so I'll go buy #1. I better like it!

oh my kid got this today because Lobo was on it.

GLAS-13-cover-CMYK_5zn806esv5_.jpg

Thanks Injustice!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently more people than Vibe :lol

IMO, DC sent that book to die. Why not give JLA a bit to establish the characters in the nu52 and then launch the solo series?

Hickman's Avengers has actually been doing that pretty well, seeding new or more C-list characters among the main roster.

On another note, did anyone spot Mr Feeny in Iron Man 10?

Owzers

Are you talking about #5? They have to go fight Dormammu now, man! Dormammu!
I will buy your #4 if you still have it, my CBS didn't get enough copies.

#5 indeed, though i'll be selling 1-6 as a set on ebay most likely so i can't part with one of the issues Xo

Lazarus is a book i'll be taking a chance on by pre-ordering the first several issues at dcbs.

frye

What the fuck is up with their scheduling on Vibe anyways.

If JLA didn't fall behind, they would be shipping those (along with vanilla JL) on the same day.

tim1138

What the fuck is up with their scheduling on Vibe anyways.

If JLA didn't fall behind, they would be shipping those (along with vanilla JL) on the same day.

Vibe comes out the same time every month, it's had no scheduling problems. It has very little to do with the JLA either, it's basically what Vibe does between JLA missions.

frye

Vibe comes out the same time every month, it's had no scheduling problems. It has very little to do with the JLA either, it's basically what Vibe does between JLA missions.

I meant that the first two issues of Vibe shipped alongside the first two issues of JLA and those month's (Feb/Mar) JLs. The third issue of JLA was supposed to come out concurrently with Vibe and JL on 4/17 but it got bumped back a few weeks.

It just seems like a... weird decision to send out a spin-off starring a character that has no heat in the market at the same time as the main book with no support.

tim1138

I meant that the first two issues of Vibe shipped alongside the first two issues of JLA and those month's (Feb/Mar) JLs. The third issue of JLA was supposed to come out concurrently with Vibe and JL on 4/17 but it got bumped back a few weeks.

It just seems like a... weird decision to send out a spin-off starring a character that has no heat in the market at the same time as the main book with no support.

No reason to delay Vibe because JLA is behind schedule (thanks David Finch!).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I read that Avengers Arena isn't selling. What are the actual figures and what is wrong with people?

kswiston

No

No

NOOOOOOOOO

It was ahead of the following Marvel ongoings last month:

80) Astonishing X-Men
88) Scarlet Spider
92) Ultimates
93-94) Venom
99) Age of Apocalypse
102) Ultimate X-Men
106) X-Factor
107) Winter Soldier
108) Gambit
112) Captain Marvel
114) X-Treme X-Men
115) Morbius
117) Journey into Mystery
124) Dark Avengers
136) Red She-Hulk

Not sure how many of those are not cancelled at this point though...

Avengers Arena deserves more readers. Especially with things like The Thunderbolts and Deadpool Killustrated charting 15-20 places ahead of it.

frye

No reason to delay Vibe because JLA is behind schedule (thanks David Finch!).

basically, im saying it was weird as heck to launch a spin-off before people even read the main series yet~

Marvel fans aren't interested in women characters (or creators) apparently.

It's Marvel's fault for this tbh. Captain Marvel, Red She-Hulk, JiM, and Avengers Assemble didn't get #1s from the relaunch and the first 3 were already pretty dismal in sales.

It was ahead of the following Marvel ongoings last month:

80) Astonishing X-Men
88) Scarlet Spider
92) Ultimates
93-94) Venom
99) Age of Apocalypse
102) Ultimate X-Men
106) X-Factor
107) Winter Soldier
108) Gambit
112) Captain Marvel
114) X-Treme X-Men
115) Morbius
117) Journey into Mystery
124) Dark Avengers
136) Red She-Hulk

Not sure how many of those are not cancelled at this point though...

Avengers Arena deserves more readers. Especially with things like The Thunderbolts and Deadpool Killustrated charting 15-20 places ahead of it.

Thunderbolts beating half of that list is a tragedy. I mean charting ahead of JiM? Scarlet Spider?! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMOAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom