• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm waiting for the release of volumed HCs (as opposed to the omnibus, YECHH) next year

Man, that giant baby-killer sized omnibus is one of the best things in my collection right now. I fucking love omnibus/absolute editions--especially the absurd ones.

tm24

From Marvel's August solicits, seems that Age of Ultron's ending might impact the Ultimate universe (the below is grouped with the other Ultimate books,* and is by the new writer on Ultimates):

Another Ultimate relaunch coming? Sigh.

*It's also solicited right after Avengers AI, an Age of Ultron spinoff that has nothing to do with the Ultimate U, but the writer and the UC acronym suggest it's an Ultimate book.

Honestly, sounds like an Avengers spinoffs more likely. Also, Ultiamates Disassembled will finish after this Hunger thing, so i doubt its a relaunch

tim1138

Man, that giant baby-killer sized omnibus is one of the best things in my collection right now. I fucking love omnibus/absolute editions--especially the absurd ones.

I remember seeing that at a local shop, I was in awe of its hugeness. I typically stick with OHC's as well, but will be making an exception for that sweet, sweet Planetary omnibus.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I remember seeing that at a local shop, I was in awe of its hugeness. I typically stick with OHC's as well, but will be making an exception for that sweet, sweet Planetary omnibus.

It seriously is awe-inspiring. For the the series inside though, I'd expect nothing more than the most ridiculously sized comic collection ever.

How is Planetary? I legitimately have never read any of it or anything about it, and I really like Ellis and Cassaday.

tim1138

It seriously is awe-inspiring. For the the series inside though, I'd expect nothing more than the most ridiculously sized comic collection ever.

How is Planetary? I legitimately have never read any of it or anything about it, and I really like Ellis and Cassaday.

Planetary is like my favorite thing ever, it's about a secret group who investigates the real history of the world. It's full of nods and references to pop culture, and has great characters, great writing, and great art. For money it's just about perfect.

Yes! Stegman is doing the next Superior Spider-Man!

Giuseppe Camunicoli was the solicited artist.

SSM 10 preview
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

Camunicoli is doing the three issue Raft arc, where Spidey, Jonah, other supporting cast are trapped on the island with all the badguys Spidey has sent there. He's gonna have to team-up with the Lizard, and Jonah orders him to kill the Spider-Slayer(who killed Marla), DUN DUN DUNNNN

Ramos is doing the next threes after that, with some big status quo change, new suit, Spidey taking over Shadowland, The Kingpin, the New Hobgoblin, etc.

Then September it's Stegman again with that 2099 world and Miguel O'Hara

tumblr_mlvofe27tn1qe69nqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmle0zsy5b1qe69nqo1_500.jpg

So they got some interesting lookin' stories coming up, with a proper artist rotation

Filthy Slug

Planetary is like my favorite thing ever, it's about a secret group who investigates the real history of the world. It's full of nods and references to pop culture, and has great characters, great writing, and great art. For money it's just about perfect.

Sold!

::Looks at release date for omnibus:: "This title will be released on January 28, 2014."
Motherfuck! Alright, Tim. In early 2014, we'll be having conversations about Planetary.

Acid08

Banned
Camunicoli is doing the three issue Raft arc, where Spidey, Jonah, other supporting cast are trapped on the island with all the badguys Spidey has sent there. He's gonna have to team-up with the Lizard, and Jonah orders him to kill the Spider-Slayer(who killed Marla), DUN DUN DUNNNN

Ramos is doing the next threes after that, with some big status quo change, new suit, Spidey taking over Shadowland, The Kingpin, the New Hobgoblin, etc.

Then September it's Stegman again with that 2099 world and Miguel O'Hara

tumblr_mlvofe27tn1qe69nqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmle0zsy5b1qe69nqo1_500.jpg

So they got some interesting lookin' stories coming up, with a proper artist rotation
So in for all of this. Hopefully Stegman has a few more issues next time his rotation comes around.

tim1138

Sold!

::Looks at release date for omnibus:: "This title will be released on January 28, 2014."
Motherfuck! Alright, Tim. In early 2014, we'll be having conversations about Planetary.

In the meantime get the 4 trades from your library or something, it's so good.

Can I say that I thought this might be coming?

Because based on... something, in those interactions between Young Jean and Old Beast in those early issues, I kind of thought (feared?) that this might be coming. And it is, apparently. :\

kswiston

Because based on... something, in those interactions between Young Jean and Old Beast in those early issues, I kind of thought (feared?) that this might be coming. And it is, apparently. :\

At least she seems more willing than the first time:

BeastAndJean.jpg

Sad thing is that Liefeld is a really cool down to earth guy, but dear god did he start coasting with his art early in his career. He never tries to better himself, his art hasn't evolved in decades. I mean wtf dude, how can you look at your art and not see where you can improve and try to improve at?! Granted I don't draw people but I love drawing buildings and made up products and I constantly see where I can improve each time I finish a piece.

Owzers

Bendis with a giant plot shake-up!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

can someone explain to me the thought processes of blue hank with all this? how didnt he see this as a bad thing?

Hank thought by showing O5 cyke how much is older self done goofed that it would change things.

Also between AoU , superior , WATXM there is alot of time travel going on in the marvel universe

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I started rereading Ex Machina after completing it when the series ended and man, my tastes must've changed quite a bit in two or three years, because I'm not liking it whatsoever, and it used to be one of my favorite series. I wish I had never tried rereading it and I'm afraid to go back to a few other series now.

At least we're finally getting the Planetary omnibus I always wanted.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hank thought by showing O5 cyke how much is older self done goofed that it would change things.

Also between AoU , superior , WATXM there is alot of time travel going on in the marvel universe

to this day, i think slight mental retsrdation is a side effect of the x gene. if theres one group thats constantly fucked by time travel, its them, and yet they keep fucking with it

Yea Thor has been rocking .

Also anyone think infinity will reveal how Thanos escaped the cancerverse?

Hickman did a decent job of bringin black bolt back after War of Kings

strobogo

Banned
I like X-Men, but I've never liked the AoA or Dark Pheonix stories. Not in comics, not in video games, not in cartoons. Does this make me not actually an X-Men fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom