• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunate. I enjoyed his art. Interested to see what he is doing next.

But his comments certainly put things in a different light;

I was kinda reserved about this last week and mentioned it in a thread, but this is more of an official thing.

I’m currently halfway through drawing issue 6 of VIBE which will be my final issue. The next major project I do will not be a DC project.

With all the sensationalism that goes on these days I feel I should make several things clear.

First- I LOVE working on VIBE and hate to leave it. It’s a fantastic book and exactly what fans always say they want. Sterling Gates is doing a kick-ass job and there’s plenty more fun in the future of the character. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE- if you haven’t tried VIBE then give it a shot. It’s fantastic. Even without me drawing it

Second- DC Editorial is not a pack of megalomaniacal egotists out to dictate their sexist, violent, high-collared view of what the DCU should be. They are in fact a group of dedicated professionals working hard to bring you the freshest, most exciting comics they possibly can. It’s been an absolute pleasure to work with these people and I hope that I can again in the future. They have been my family and I love them.

Third- I am leaving VIBE of my own volition. No big, mean editor fired me. They didn’t ignore my service of over a decade because they’re heartless and cruel. DC has been good to me and committed to keeping me employed. They are good people. I am leaving VIBE because I was presented with an opportunity from another publisher to help launch a property that I have loved since I was a kid. It was an opportunity that presents itself once or twice in a lifetime and I simply could not turn it down.

I am sorry to those who might feel let down by me leaving VIBE. As I said it was not an easy decision to make. Brian Cunningham is a great editor and I’m sure whoever he gets to take my place will make you a happy camper.

If you stuck through all that then thank you. I hate seeing all the bashing DC

Is his Vibe stuff Action Comics by Busiek Pete Woods or Avengers Assemble from two months ago Pete Woods? Pretty sure those are two different dudes because...

whoa

Oh, hey. Didn't even realize he did Legion Lost. Shows how much I pay attention.

That art was dope as shit too.

He also did amazing stuff all the way through to like that Sinestro Corps special, I think it was the Cyborg Superman one. I was really bummed at how his Avengers Assemble stuff looked.

So my roomate (who picks up our comics) just noticed that Daredevil went from $2.99 to $3.99. Was this announced anywhere? Was there a reason for it?

Edit: Appears to be slightly larger. My bad.

Acid08

Banned
So my roomate (who picks up our comics) just noticed that Daredevil went from $2.99 to $3.99 without an increase in page count. Was this announced anywhere? Was there a reason for it?
Reason? Marvel needs dat cash.

But really I think its extra sized. And I noticed you edited that page count part out :p

Acid08

Banned
Speaking of Waid books, I'm damn close to dropping Indestructible Hulk. It's just not doing anything for me and I wish that wasn't true. His DD has a kind of magic to it that Hulk is really missing.

Owzers

Six issues into Ind Hulk, i blame my not liking it to how matter-of-fact his research team was put together. There's just five or so people added to the book and Banner "knows they have secrets". And the Attuma two issue arc wasn't that interesting.

Speaking of Waid books, I'm damn close to dropping Indestructible Hulk. It's just not doing anything for me and I wish that wasn't true. His DD has a kind of magic to it that Hulk is really missing.

Drop it and buy this bad boy

Rocketeer_Spirit.jpg

Mark Waid + Paul smith

Man Indestrucible Hulk really came into its own with this current arc for me it's one of my favorite Marvel Now titles and I can't wait for the DD arc with DAT Matteo Scalera art. I loved the last arc but that was due to Lenil Yu's art and the Atlantis bit.

Lmo911

Well played Amazon, well played indeed.

I feel your pain man, I just got a envelope full of bent hawkeye from amazon yesterday :/

yBABwp0.jpg

This is like the first time I have ever seen them ship my trades in an envelope. Luckily mine's just bent a bit. Debating if I wanna go through the bs or not.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I feel your pain man, I just got a envelope full of bent hawkeye from amazon yesterday :/

yBABwp0.jpg

This is like the first time I have ever seen them ship my trades in an envelope. Luckily mine's just bent a bit. Debating if I wanna go through the bs or not.

Wow that makes me afraid to use Amazon anymore. I've never had an issue with the packaging but I think I might start ordering from instocktrades after several people in this thread said their comics never get damaged when ordering from there.

Wow that makes me afraid to use Amazon anymore. I've never had an issue with the packaging but I think I might start ordering from instocktrades after several people in this thread said their comics never get damaged when ordering from there.
It's impossible for an instocktrades order to have damaged contents. Only downside is they aren't as quick as Amazon. I placed an order on Saturday and it still hasn't shipped yet...

Acid08

Banned
The Saga trade I ordered from Amazon was bent at the corner. Not a huge deal but I like my books to be immaculate. It more annoyed me that it was thrown into some huge box with one of those air packets. So much room for the book to move around during transit.

Oh no I ordered my Fear Agent Omni and Static Shock TPB from Amazon. For those who purchased their Fear Agent Omni from Amazon was there any damage ?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no I ordered my Fear Agent Omni and Static Shock TPB from Amazon. For those who purchased their Fear Agent Omni from Amazon was there any damage ?

That book is indestructible. :p Mine isn't really damaged besides a few scuff marks and scratches. I would only worry about the paperbacks.

Wool

The Saga trade I ordered from Amazon was bent at the corner. Not a huge deal but I like my books to be immaculate. It more annoyed me that it was thrown into some huge box with one of those air packets. So much room for the book to move around during transit.

Same here, at least when I first get them. I ordered The Invisibles Omnibus from Barnes and Noble online. It's a 10lb, $85 book and they just tossed it into a loose cardboard box with no cushioning of any kind. That book is not bendable, but the corners were bunged up.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Same here, at least when I first get them. I ordered The Invisibles Omnibus from Barnes and Noble online. It's a 10lb, $85 book and they just tossed it into a loose cardboard box with no cushioning of any kind. That book is not bendable, but the corners were bunged up.

Dude, you should see how my Invisibles Omnibus came packaged from Instock. It had custom foam inserts that held it perfectly in place, air pillows, and I'm pretty sure the entire package had Jesus' blessing placed on it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Wierd all the trades I've git n amazon never had any damage

I got a "New" Doom Patrol (vol. 2) that looked like it had been rolled up and used to beat a dog a little while back. Then I found Instock and have never looked back.

Wool

Dude, you should see how my Invisibles Omnibus came packaged from Instock. It had custom foam inserts that held it perfectly in place, air pillows, and I'm pretty sure the entire package had Jesus' blessing placed on it.

I didn't see it on there, otherwise I would have bought it from them. I guess it wasn't "instock".

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

I love Amazon, but it's definitely safer to order a few trades at once, which forces them to use a box and better packing. For me, if it's just one smallish item, it's always an envelope, so I try to avoid buying easily damageable products individually.

If there's a postman out there who could damage a shipment from instocktrades, he's never handled any of my orders.

Cheapgrahicnovels also package their books extremely well bubble-wrap, air pillows, wrapped in a bag and newspaper for extra padding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom