• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Are you talking about Mark Waid's run? If so, it's fantastic.

Guess I'll give it a shot then! I recall reading Bennis's run of Daredevil, and my love for him growing to an unhealthy level. I don't tend to care much for Marvel, but something about Daredevil keeps me interested in that universe.

tim1138

GL#20 was cool and all, but what was the deal with Volthoom? I was expecting a little more background info...

Basically a human version of Krona. He traversed the multiverse to witness not only Krona view the beginnings of time but the creation of the emotional spectrum as well.

Nudull

Banned
A day late, but I finally picked up and went through my floppies for the week. AT, Young Avengers and Ghostbusters have been pretty great, in particular. I also finally decided to try out Green Lantern with #20, and...holy shit. Just, holy shit.

kswiston

Is Secret Six worth reading the entire way through?

I read Villains United Years Ago, but I don't think I read anything past then. Was there another mini between that and the ongoing?

Averon

Just finished GL 20. A nice finish to Johns' run. Loved how he expanded the GL mythos. Whoever's following him will have a hell of a time to escape Johns' shadow.

Groof

How long does it usually take for a collection to come out in the digital Marvel store? I'm interested in reading the new Journey into Mystery, but it feels like it's gotten to a point where the first arc might get collected soonish. Am I right in thinking like this?

Nudull

Banned
I'm not continuing on with any of them either, Johns' endings for the characters were too perfect. I'm sure Vendetti is a fine writer, but no thanks.

I'm personally torn. On one hand, Johns' ending was too damn brilliant, but I'm always open to new takes, and I have faith that Vendetti will do fine, going forward. Plus, the rest of new Lantern creatives have me curious, even if I don't particularly care for Red Lanterns.

tim1138

I'm personally torn. On one hand, Johns' ending was too damn brilliant, but I'm always open to new takes, and I have faith that Vendetti will do fine, going forward. Plus, the rest of new Lantern creatives have me curious, even if I don't particularly care for Red Lanterns.

If there's any book that will benefit from the creative change, it's Red Lanterns. Milligan's run on that book was the very definition of forgettable. The only reason I was buying it at the end was because it was a part of the Third Army and First Lantern stories.

Tizoc

Can't wait for More than Meets the eye next week XO.

Gonna try and read JiM featuring Sif and Red Lanterns soon.
Might as well read Swamp Thing and Animal Man too while I'm at it, but skipping Rotworld.

In the mean time:
wUeZZXA.jpg

jmxO4Rq.jpg

cfyMR74.jpg

7X5Kh3V.jpg

Dysun

Poor Vendetti, can't be easy to follow up an epic run like Johns. I'll give it a chance but I'm not very interested

Dazzler is in X-Factor right? I don't really care about that book at all... but that's more a function of not having read them than actual dislike!

I don't think it had anything to do with that book. I've never read it. All activity related to that reveal would be in UXM

Tizoc

The Foggy story in Daredevil #26 is brilliant, it's a bit of a shame though that the main story felt like it was dragging but it's ending next issue finally haha.
Looking forward to the next story arc XO.

JL #20's Shazam back-up was very interesting, can't wait for the collected edition.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Dazzler is in X-Factor right? I don't really care about that book at all... but that's more a function of not having read them than actual dislike!

Dazzler was in the now-canceled X-Treme X-Men book for the past year or so. And why are we spoiler-tagging this?

Tizoc

While I mostly just skimmed it, Journey into Mystery 646-650 wasn't that impressive, had some nice scenes here and there, but overall didn't impress me.
651 was good though.

Can't wait for More than Meets the eye next week XO.

Gonna try and read JiM featuring Sif and Red Lanterns soon.
Might as well read Swamp Thing and Animal Man too while I'm at it, but skipping Rotworld.

In the mean time:
wUeZZXA.jpg

jmxO4Rq.jpg

cfyMR74.jpg

7X5Kh3V.jpg

Yes. YES!

No but X factor is good stuff

Owzers

Comixology Sales:

Locke and Key, all volumes, go go go go go. Definitely a book worth reading, especially if you want a horrirish book.

250px-Joehilllockekey.jpg

The Activity vol 1 and 2

Secret Avengers: Take a look at Warren Ellis' one-shots , 16-21.

I like Pasqual Ferry art but I think he's only a fill in artist, after this issue Nick Bradshaw, five issues in three months. :D

Spoiler-ish page

WOW that is a HUGE spoiler.

but I think he's a double agent
go go quentin quire!!

Dazzler was in the now-canceled X-Treme X-Men book for the past year or so. And why are we spoiler-tagging this?

lol because it spoils the last page of uxm
jesus christ

Owzers

I didn't like the first issue of Locke, but it quickly grew into a crazy horrorish story which is more appealing to me than the realistic horror type stuff.

the chris

Comixology Sales:

Locke and Key, all volumes, go go go go go. Definitely a book worth reading, especially if you want a horrirish book.

250px-Joehilllockekey.jpg

The Activity vol 1 and 2

Secret Avengers: Take a look at Warren Ellis' one-shots , 16-21.

I might give this another chance, the art is just so ugly looking to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom