• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wool

Uncanny X-Men #6: Best issue so far.
Dazzler could probably take on the entire team the way they are now. What was the new guy Benjamin doing during that fight? What was gold ball guy doing during that fight? Who was that guy moving the car around at the beginning?

Parch

I assumed Green Team was a Lantern book.
DC is coming up with some strange choices. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Desperation or smart strategy?

I assumed Green Team was a Lantern book.
DC is coming up with some strange choices. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Desperation or smart strategy?

Actually a fair number of their books have been remakes of old concepts. Stuff like Sword of Sorcery and Green Team, for example. But yeah, may not have been the best idea to resurrect such obscure older titles.

250px-Amethystprincess.jpg
250px-Greenteamdcu0.jpg

Owzers

I'm considering going the dcbs route to save some money soon.

Whats your experience with them been like? Sorry if you have been asked before.

I like DCBS a lot, usually get my order shipped out the saturday after the last wed of the month and receive my comics around mon-tues. They pack the comics really well, though i still end up with the occasional issue of damage most likely before shipping since there is no sign of damage during from being shipped, but they are really good with customer service fixing the problem. I get about 40 comics and 1-3 trades a month ( typically whatever trade i really want that's part of their 50% off specials), been buying from them for several years now.

Mafro

I loved how there was more explanation as to what's going on in AoU in one panel of Uncanny Avengers #8 AU than there has been in the entire main series so far.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Stokoe's art is unreal in Godzilla. I almost want to buy Sullivan's Sluggers just for the art. I don't want to buy anything that supports Smith though.

Yeesh, totally forgot I had books to pick up today... but I probably won't be able to get them until next week anyways... Didn't even have time to grab last week's stuff either, though I probably should've done that at Big Wow.

Who knew that having a haircut scheduled from Tuesday to Wednesday would throw me off as much as it has right now? Also, Fanime weekend so ugh, even less monies to spend on picking up my books. Blah.

Owzers

Nah. They would have to give that to me for free.

but....you can browse things! I don't know if i can ditch previews just yet. I like looking at the preview pages for #1 Image stuff and the statues/figures in the back even though i'm too cheap to buy any. And as soon as i got done typing that I removed Previews from my July order while i decide Xo. I'd like to get my comics 3 days faster instead of having previews :O

I like DCBS a lot, usually get my order shipped out the saturday after the last wed of the month and receive my comics around mon-tues. They pack the comics really well, though i still end up with the occasional issue of damage most likely before shipping since there is no sign of damage during from being shipped, but they are really good with customer service fixing the problem. I get about 40 comics and 1-3 trades a month ( typically whatever trade i really want that's part of their 50% off specials), been buying from them for several years now.

I use twice a month shipping for all Marvel Now, Boom and some indies. It ships on Wednesday and gets here on Friday.

Thanks bros, I figure I'll give them a try-out for one month, see how it goes. But it is good to hear that their customer service is alright and damaged comics is a minimal issue.

Owzers

Batman Inc #9 and 10 were okay, i think the series peaked with #8 though, hard to top that issue.

stuck on the last touch-ups on my July dcbs order.

Are GLC and New Guardians worth pre-ordering past the first issue? Strangers #1 ?

What Boom are you reading? I've been meaning to try some of their horror. I was wondering if Hellraiser and 28 Days Later was worth getting.
I read their kids comics because Ian a nanny. I recently dropped the Hypernaturals, just wasn't for me. Picked up the first issue of Suicide Risk which is great. I'm interested in upcoming series Day Men because of Michael Ian Nelson and piqued in Six Gun Gorilla. I think they have some other stuff too. Gotta support companies that still use good quality paper and ONI.

tim1138

dizammm. Went to the comic shop today and said fuck it and bought Green Lantern New 52 Vol 1 and 2 and 13-20. 72 bucks.

Based on your avatar and the fact your wife went to school with David Mack, I'm guessing you're in the Greater Cincy area? If so, what shop do you go to?

I don't read comics much, I do superficial wiki reading. A question I've had just crossed my mind...

How did bruce wayne explain jason todd's death? I'm under the impression he adopts/wards all of the robins he has, and I've seen in different materials that they attend gotham academy/school, so uh, how did he cover up his death?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Okay, Batman, Inc 11 is fantastic. Burnham's got the writing chops for the series, if it continues past Morrison and that super-sized ish, and despite being a break from the best Batman story, it's well worth checking out.

tim1138

Okay, Batman, Inc 11 is fantastic. Burnham's got the writing chops for the series, if it continues past Morrison and that super-sized ish, and despite being a break from the best Batman story, it's well worth checking out.

I lost it at the line about the Tardis, so funny.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I lost it at the line about the Tardis, so funny.

Haha--I don't watch Doctor Who but I got the line, and it was ruthless!

Burnham, in that one issue, is like what Lobdell wishes he could be.

Xux

So is the current Teen Titans series not recommended? What little I glanced through made Tim seem like kind of a jerk.

Lol Young Avengers = how not to write a teen book. Truly Marvel's Teen Titans. Embarrassing for everyone involved. Hopeless please take over this book, since you are the only one who can write teen comics.

Owzers

Lol Young Avengers = how not to write a teen book. Truly Marvel's Teen Titans. Embarrassing for everyone involved. Hopeless please take over this book, since you are the only one who can write teen comics.

Just read #4, i dunno, initially i really liked issue #2 after not liking the first, probably because #2 had a little more loki and less pretentious stuff. But after #4 i just don't like what Gillen has set up plot-wise at all, i hate these parent things.

Just read #4, i dunno, initially i really liked issue #2 after not liking the first, probably because #2 had a little more loki and less pretentious stuff. But after #4 i just don't like what Gillen has set up plot-wise at all, i hate these parent things.
But like brah, parents control your whole lives and shit until your eighteen. They are trying to break free. It's like a metaphor man.

Acid08

Banned
But like brah, parents control your whole lives and shit until your eighteen. They are trying to break free. It's like a metaphor man.
:lol

In other news, I don't know what the hell The Bounce is about. I'll give it a couple more issues because it seems like some interesting stuff may happen.

ReiGun

John Ostrander needs to write The Others Aquaman spinoff. Pleasant surprise.

Hopefully, they can hook him up with a better artist than he got here if it happens.

At least it's pretty...

...and I got nothing beyond that.

Sorry, ElNarez, but YA is balls. I'm gonna stick it out because I want to see what's up with Speed and Prodigy, but if they are written in this tumblr fanfiction style, I'm out for good.

I mean seriously, Loki actually said "for the lulz" in the latest issue. CMON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom