• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to be at one of the two cons in Cincy this year, and while I love his Green Lantern/Green Arrow stuff the potential to hear him talk about crackpot theories is super tempting.

Did you listen to his Fatman on Batman episodes? Because those were pretty great. Dude can definitely talk in a way that makes you wanna hear what he has to say.

Well, I AM making the 2+ hour trip tomorrow to meet Scott Snyder, James Tynion, Mark Waid and Chris Samnee tomorrow. My wife is coming along also now. I'm fucking excited!

That's awesome!. They're all really cool. Didn't get to talk to Snyder much, such a big line. Chris Samnee is funny,, I forgot why but he told the guy in front of me he would MURRRRDDER him. hahaha for some jokingly reason.

ReAxion

You know, thinking about it again, I might just go with the sub after the Inferno arc....How is the app compared to comixology? Can you read stuff according to series and story arc or is it more limited? Is it online only?

Not as good as Comixology, but much better than it used to be.

You can read according to Series, Character, Creator, Events, or Publication Date.

You can download up to 12 titles for offline reading.

Onemic

Not as good as Comixology, but much better than it used to be.

You can read according to Series, Character, Creator, Events, or Publication Date.

You can download up to 12 titles for offline reading.

What makes it worse? And when you say up to 12 titles, is that fixed? Can I download 12 titles, delete them, then download another 12? Also does it have guided view?

EDIT: just read a sample....guided view seems really lazily done on this app. A lot of it doesn't even make much sense. Sometimes it will crop out the sides of a page focusing on a narrow view of multiple panels each with cut off speech bubbles with no real reason to do so other than to confuse you.

ReAxion

What makes it worse? And when you say up to 12 titles, is that fixed? Can I download 12 titles, delete them, then download another 12? Also does it have guided view?

It's not as smooth, but it's not awful. Sometimes I have login problems and download problems but I think that might just be me. It has Smart Panels, which is like Guided View but isn't nearly as good; basically useless on old titles but seems to do better on recent stuff.

You can download 12 and delete them and add more, it's just that you can only hold 12 at any time for offline. There's a Library function that lets you bookmark titles (in the web browser sense of the word), and I think you can add as many as you want for that.

There's a dumb error I keep getting where I download my 12th issue and it tells me that I have 12 issues now and I should edit my library to fit more.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

One of the weirdest professional experiences I've ever had was that. I did some work for him awhile back, long story short I had to sit and work while he was on the phone with some NPR station explaining the expanding Earth theory. My face the entire time ------- o_o o_O o_O O_O ...........-_- O_O......... Some CRAZY SHIT.

Hellers

You know, thinking about it again, I might just go with the sub after the Inferno arc....How is the app compared to comixology? Can you read stuff according to series and story arc or is it more limited? Is it online only?

It's.... mixed. You can browse by series or event or creator but it'll only let you do a "next issue" based on series. Which is a pain if you're reading an event like Secret Invasion that spills across multiple titles.

tim1138

One of the weirdest professional experiences I've ever had was that. I did some work for him awhile back, long story short I had to sit and work while he was on the phone with some NPR station explaining the expanding Earth theory. My face the entire time ------- o_o o_O o_O O_O ...........-_- O_O......... Some CRAZY SHIT.

Oh man, I can't wait. September is so far away...

And to be clear, I absolutely love his art. He's one of my favorites from that era and I'll get a couple of issues of GL/GA signed, but I do love crazy psuedoscience stuff. It's a win win!

ask Neal Adamas what batman odyseey is about, not even he knows
Fuck, I NEED to read all of Batman Odyssey because it seems so fucking INSANE
odyssey-guns.jpg

Onemic

It's not as smooth, but it's not awful. Sometimes I have login problems and download problems but I think that might just be me. It has Smart Panels, which is like Guided View but isn't nearly as good; basically useless on old titles but seems to do better on recent stuff.

You can download 12 and delete them and add more, it's just that you can only hold 12 at any time for offline. There's a Library function that lets you bookmark titles (in the web browser sense of the word), and I think you can add as many as you want for that.

There's a dumb error I keep getting where I download my 12th issue and it tells me that I have 12 issues now and I should edit my library to fit more.

Damn, its useless to me then. 100% of the titles I'm interested in are from the 80s and 90s

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Not only is he completely insane he's also one of the biggest assholes in the industry.

True that. My friend listens to Fat Man on Batman solely because of how passionate and sincere Kevin Smith and his guest are, but said friend doesn't read comics and really doesn't have any deep-rooted love for Batman.

He's loved Dini, Morrison, Snyder and Capullo, and he's asked about their work and more about who they are after listening to the pods, when speaking to me, but he said he bailed from the Neal Adams pod 5-10 minutes in because the guy was just an arrogant asshole and came off as a douche.

I understand his contributions to the medium but his personality is off putting and he's not some genius storyteller--dude is hackey.

Ultimate X-Men is pretty darn good so far. I'm up to Issue 17 so far.

While I love the small crew so far and how they're interacting with each other and the Brotherhood, it's a bit disappointing that the cast hasn't expanded much at all since Issue 1

Lineup spoilers:
Gambit showed up for two issues and I don't know if he comes back. Nightcrawler and Rogue were part of Weapon X but then disappeared. Sabretooth and Juggernaut can suck a fat one. No Angel so far. No Havok.

I really like Colossus so far. He's a bawss of all bawsses.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta start using "such an octopus of a thing".

Tizoc

During the recent crossover Dark Cybertron. This month's Transformers comics follow the new status quo with Megatron leading the Lost Light and Optimus returning as the Autobot leader

The issue itself is my pick for 'Issue of the Month', even though it was published in April =P

Ultimate X-Men is pretty darn good so far. I'm up to Issue 17 so far.

While I love the small crew so far and how they're interacting with each other and the Brotherhood, it's a bit disappointing that the cast hasn't expanded much at all since Issue 1

Lineup spoilers:
Gambit showed up for two issues and I don't know if he comes back. Nightcrawler and Rogue were part of Weapon X but then disappeared. Sabretooth and Juggernaut can suck a fat one. No Angel so far. No Havok.

I really like Colossus so far. He's a bawss of all bawsses.

The small cast helps keep relationships tight and gives room for Cyclops to casually chat up Toad on the phone like two players on rival high school football teams after the game. And say what you will about Mark Millar, he owns the definitive portrayal of Charles Xavier.

Tizoc

That happened in the Robots in Disguise book, which I should re-read since much of it escapes my memory atm :p

Rodimus brings this up in the recent issue that Rrongfield mentioned-
Starscream: "As I said, my people want a trial."
Rodimus: "They're not your people, they're not your anything. They're ordinary cybertronian citizens who went insane and put you in charge, any day they'll wake up and realize what they've done, and kill themselves. Suicide by face-palm".

EDIT: Paolo Rivera draws the hottest Black Cat
http://comicsalliance.com/spider-man-and-daredevils-devil-and-the-details-is-the-first/

EDIT2: Sweet baby jeebus
odyssey-dam.jpg

odyssey-nap.jpg

GAF I CAN'T

Sadist

Gotta be honest, I really like More Than Meets The Eye. It helps being a TF geek, but Megatron becoming an Autobot is really awesome. The issue itself is fantastic (That Whirl) and I do enjoy the weird combination of bots aboard the ship. Btw, regarding MTMTE #28, was that
Grimlock's coffin/stasispod?
. If so, I can't imagine what happens when he sees Megatron in charge of the Lost Light lol.

Robots in Disguise isn't bad either, but why the fuck would you go to earth? Also, humans are dumb.

Tizoc

Gotta be honest, I really like More Than Meets The Eye. It helps being a TF geek, but Megatron becoming an Autobot is really awesome. The issue itself is fantastic (That Whirl) and I do enjoy the weird combination of bots aboard the ship. Btw, regarding MTMTE #28, was that
Grimlock's coffin/stasispod?
. If so, I can't imagine what happens when he sees Megatron in charge of the Lost Light lol.
Actually no,
Grimlock being in that coffin is a very slim chance since he should be amnesiac and with the Scavengers/Fulcrum and co.
I suspect its
Thunderclash
, but I'm hoping it isn't.

Robots in Disguise isn't bad either, but why the fuck would you go to earth? Also, humans are dumb.

Well based on the last few pages, I specualte that
Some Ore 13 might still be abundant in Earth and Galvatron wants to harvest it

EDIT: What in the fuck, GAF
batman-odyssey-neal-adams-dc-comics-bob-kane.jpg

Tizoc

Wait maybe I mentioned the wrong artist?

EDIT
screen-shot-2012-08-23-at-1.34.46-pm-1345755028.png

WHERE'D THE FRYING PAN COME FROM? IS IT DEADMAN'S SECRET WEAPON? DOES HE STASH IT IN HIS DEAD UTILTY BELT?!

The small cast helps keep relationships tight and gives room for Cyclops to casually chat up Toad on the phone like two players on rival high school football teams after the game. And say what you will about Mark Millar, he owns the definitive portrayal of Charles Xavier.

Yeah this Cyclops/Toad stuff certainly caught me off guard.

Hopefully I can power through 20-30 issues over the weekend.

Messi

How is the current Nova series for someone who has never read anything about nova other than Original Sin #0. He was really funny in that.

I called the comic shop that's hosting Snyder, Tynion, Waid and Samnee and asked them if there was a signing limit and they said no so I have some books to get signed!

Bmq25zMIQAIPFD3.jpg

tim1138

I'm about 45 pages into the Incal and this some seriously great stuff. I wish it was available digitally, Moebius' art would look great on a high def screen.

Messi

I called the comic shop that's hosting Snyder, Tynion, Waid and Samnee and asked them if there was a signing limit and they said no so I have some books to get signed!

Bmq25zMIQAIPFD3.jpg

Ask Snyder about Harley in Eternal if you get a chance. Oh and enjoy yourself. Some quality books in there.

Isak_Borg

I'm about 45 pages into the Incal and this some seriously great stuff. I wish it was available digitally, Moebius' art would look great on a high def screen.

I would kill for his work to be available digitally.

Anyone want to point me to who I need to kill?

tim1138

I was gonna ask about Catwoman too. Like who is going to write it in the future.

Ask why his Batman pales in comparison to Morrison's. :)

Eric_J said:
I would kill for his work to be available digitally.

Anyone want to point me to who I need to kill?

If I knew I'd tell you. Get on your boss people about getting those rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom