• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I just discovered I had 5 dollars left in my Comixology account from a gift card I added awhile back. I picked up Nova Vol 1 and Spider-Man: Big Time!

Cheska

Messi

What am I reading right now? How...my brain...I can't even process this. All Star Superman is a love story to the character, I honestly feel like it has the most feel good moments of a Superman book, ever.

Listen Cheska. I know good comics. All Star Superman is alright.

Oh my god, what's wrong with you people?! All-Star Superman is perfection. I'm going to go order the absolute edition right now just to spite you all. :(

Onemic

Where does Morrisons run on Batman begin exactly? And is Snyder's Batman within the same timeline, or is it a different universe altogether? Isn't Morrisons run still goin on alongside Snyders?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Where does Morrisons run on Batman begin exactly? And is Snyder's Batman within the same timeline, or is it a different universe altogether? Isn't Morrisons run still goin on alongside Snyders?

The Morrison run starts with Batman and Son.

They overlap, more or less. Don't overthink it with the New 52 transition introducing some technical inconsistencies, plus the usual issues of how characters seem to be in different places in different books at similar times.

tim1138

Pre New 52:

Batman 655-683, 700-702 (Batman & Son, The Black Glove, RIP, Time and the Batman)
Batman & Robin 1-16 (Batman Reborn, Batman vs Robin, Batman and Robin Must Die!)
Batman the Return of Bruce Wayne 1-6
Batman Incorporated 1-8, Leviathan Strikes (Batman Incorporated)

New 52:

Batman Incorporated 1-13 (Demon Star, Gotham's Most Wanted)

His run ended last summer.

Unai

tumblr_n4jtjnXE0h1r7ni1io1_1280.jpg

Adorable yet awesome.

So adorable.

Onemic

Pre New 52:

Batman 655-683, 700-702 (Batman & Son, The Black Glove, RIP, Time and the Batman)
Batman & Robin 1-16 (Batman Reborn, Batman vs Robin, Batman and Robin Must Die!)
Batman the Return of Bruce Wayne 1-6
Batman Incorporated 1-8, Leviathan Strikes (Batman Incorporated)

New 52:

Batman Incorporated 1-13 (Demon Star, Gotham's Most Wanted)

His run ended last summer.

Thanks

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Holy fuckballs there are some awful opinions being tossed around here tonite.

tumblr_n4jtjnXE0h1r7ni1io1_1280.jpg

Adorable yet awesome.

Really makes me wonder why DC hasn't signed this guy up yet to make it an official DC product. Just fucking pay the guy and have him keep making this amazing, magical goodness and then compile em into books like Calvin and Hobbes and sell em in bookstores and yeah...

I just think Yale Stewart is one of the freshest and most intriguing new voices in comics today and it's a crying shame that JL8 still lingers as an online fan project that most comics people don't know about. The last time I've seen a fan with such an earnest and unabashed love for DC now dedicating himself to the craft is probably Darwyn Cooke. Just from reading JL8, you can feel his appreciation for the source material... hell, you can almost pinpoint whether he's read the same classic DC stories you have. There's a shared bond that leaps off the page and is immediately evident.

ReiGun

Every few months I walk in here and there's folks hating on All-Star Superman and every few months I have to take a moment to go cry. Cry for what this community has become.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
#210 - 214(mutant massacre) - great run of issues(except 214). You get to see Sabretooth for the first time and man is it good. The fight between him and wolverine is epic as hell and not to be missed. You also see Claremont finally stop it with the moral dilemmas the xmen(sans wolverine again) keep having with killing pieces of shit that want nothing more than to kill as many people as possible. This event pretty much forces the stupid out of most of the Xmen, and makes one of them finally take matters into his own hands. Uncanny also begins to turn rather dark like DFP with scores of people being killed left and right. 8/10

For the first time in X-Men, but like Rogue he's a character that was introduced in a Claremont-written issue of another series.

Tim hurt me, so I said something that hurt him out of spite. Kinda like you have done with your S.O. at some point in your life. I may have not meant it fully, but the damage is done. The 8th ComicGAF War of A-S Superman has begun. It must run it's course with an eventual no win for any side. I'm sorry for my actions.

Boogiepop

Well huh. Despite having read a good deal of comics and being knowledgeable about some relatively obscure stuff, I somehow only just found out that Brainiac has a biological, alien form (just read the Geoff Johns trade with him in it). I guess I should blame the animated series for always depicting him as a robot that transfers its consciousness and is constantly upgrading. I also should have figured this out sooner, considering I've known of Brainiac 5 since forever (though I've never read any Legion.)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Southern Bastards wasn't on my radar till now, but I think I'll give it a a shot.
I havent read it yet but im still going to say you should. Aaron is a fucking talented dude when working within the the editorial contraints of the Marvel Universe. He's about 87x that when writing creator owned books like Scalped.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just checked in on the Marvel Unlimited app again.
Yep, still terrible. Zooming in on each page with pinch-and-zoom to get full screen is not my idea of a good reading experience.

ElNarez

Banned
So Gary Frank is at my local shoppe for FCBD this afternoon, but if I don't go this morning I might miss some of the neat non-Big Two comics on offering, and also I can't find Justice League #0 which is maybe the book I'd want him to sign? My life is pain.

With Guardians of the Galaxy coming out in the summer and the God Butcher/Godbomb thread the other week, I caved in and got a Marvel Unlimited sub to read about the cosmic stuff which I have zero clue about.

Gone through Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest and am reading through the GOTG stuff right now but just have one question:

Is the Secret Invasion storyline worth reading in its entirety? Looking at reading orders online it spans approximately eleventy billion different comics and my initial reaction was "Fuck that".

Am I missing out (Or even going to end up confused) if I just continue on with GOTG and Nova and skip all the Avengers/Deadpool parts of Secret Invasion?

So Gary Frank is at my local shoppe for FCBD this afternoon, but if I don't go this morning I might miss some of the neat non-Big Two comics on offering, and also I can't find Justice League #0 which is maybe the book I'd want him to sign? My life is pain.

go twice bruh

Is the Secret Invasion storyline worth reading in its entirety? Looking at reading orders online it spans approximately eleventy billion different comics and my initial reaction was "Fuck that".

Am I missing out (Or even going to end up confused) if I just continue on with GOTG and Nova and skip all the Avengers/Deadpool parts of Secret Invasion?

Secret Invasion was one of those things that had waaaay too many tie-ins. Read Illuminati, and then the main Secret Invasion story and fuck the rest. Though I'll say that What If? Secret Invasion was a fun diversion.

Secret Invasion was one of those things that had waaaay too many tie-ins. Read Illuminati, and then the main Secret Invasion story and fuck the rest. Though I'll say that What If? Secret Invasion was a fun diversion.

Cheers, will do that. Is the What If? better than the one for Annihilation?

The Watcher just pipes up with "Aw man, I love you Earth dudes and dudettes. Here's this device that will save your planet. Why didn't I reveal this before Annihilus had destroyed the rest of the universe? Because fuck those guys, you guys have Kurt Russell." (This would actually have been a valid reason tbf)

Would have much preferred to see Earth destroyed and Annihilus crying like a bitch in the final panel about how bored he is after exterminating all life across the universe

Cheers, will do that. Is the What If? better than the one for Annihilation?

I haven't read the Annihilation one, so I couldn't say which was better.

If you're looking for other fun reads, try Avengers Initiative. That one also dips into Secret Invasion for a bit at the beginning, but it's very much its own series.

Hellers

As part of free comic book day, Image has put almost every single #1 issue they've published for free on Comixology. That's everything from the older stuff like Firebreather and Savage Dragon to new stuff like Shutter, Velvet, Black Science and Jupiter's Legacy.

https://www.comixology.com/Image-Free-Firsts/list/2090

*Sigh* The add all to cart button does nothing on the UK site and it's starting to chug. This might take a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom