• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

It's fine that you guys have ohc mixed in with regular sized trades on the same shelf, sometimes giving up on life just happens.

Another $10 Deadpool issue this week Marvel? I see you.

My current collection. Missing are Saga book 1 and 2. Deadly Class OHC, Goldie Vance.

Great collection Messi, some great stuff in there. How was FBP? I totally spaced on that series, but the art was always really eye catching.

Love seeing everyone's collections, reminds me of things I've skipped or forgot about. Maybe I'll post mine in a bit...maybe I'll just post the old Mignola shelf pic again and call it a day.

Messi

STARFIRE STARFIRE STARFIRE STARFIRE STARFIRE

giphy.gif

Slightly bigger than my collection of 6 hardcovers. But my collection does feature 4 books nobody else here is probably going to have.

Self bound 4 volume Huskie photo album? I would support and buy this btw

Hardcover first volumes of Monstress, Manifest Destiny, I Hate Fairyland, and Paper Girls. I mean people will have to book just probably not in hardcover form.

Oh awesome, are these the ones you ca only get at cons and stuff? I would have this kind of thing even just for curio factor if I could go to a con or whatever

Anyone pickup that Kirby Monsterbus collection?

Another $10 Deadpool issue this week Marvel? I see you.

My current collection. Missing are Saga book 1 and 2. Deadly Class OHC, Goldie Vance.

Ooh, quick to jump on that second volume of SG I see. Didn't it release just this last Tuesday?
Also, no Bandette v3?

Hardcover first volumes of Monstress, Manifest Destiny, I Hate Fairyland, and Paper Girls. I mean people will have to book just probably not in hardcover form.

Regular size HCs? Yeah, I don't see too many takers for those.

It's fine that you guys have ohc mixed in with regular sized trades on the same shelf, sometimes giving up on life just happens.

Better than splodgy statues ya goon.

I'm getting collection envy again. I need more shelves and those things filled with paper to put on them.

Do you want to be spoiled or are you asking whether it was good? I thought it was good. Some elements stronger than others. Loved the ending.

The latter. Guess I'll grab the rest of the issues next time there's a sale. I think I prefer to read Spurrier's stuff all in one go.

Unrelated to this, but I decided to re-start The World of Edena last night since I didn't remember much of what I did read. Finished the first three chapters and it is excellent so far. I really enjoy seeing Moebius's linework become more and more detailed as it goes on. Really fitting considering the narrative so far too. The Library Edition is such a beautiful book too. The art looks great on these big pages.

Messi

Anyone pickup that Kirby Monsterbus collection?

Ooh, quick to jump on that second volume of SG I see. Didn't it release just this last Tuesday?
Also, no Bandette v3?

I'm just behind on buying some hardcovers

On the same shelf, sure. But mingled together? Never. What kind of savage would live like that?

Yea buuuuut what do you do if you wanna keep publishers together, but you haven't enough to have just the one publisher's book on a shelf and you have to start a second? You can't put all HC then paperback first that way. That question keeps me up at night.

Yea buuuuut what do you do if you wanna keep publishers together, but you haven't enough to have just the one publisher's book on a shelf and you have to start a second? You can't put all HC then paperback first that way. That question keeps me up at night.

You have to get creative sometimes. I have my Image OHCs in alphabetical order, then the Image paperbacks. Then some books from scrub pubs like Oni. That way Marvel or DC gets a fresh start on the next shelf.

This is what I've got on my shelves these days!

Shelf 1
Shelf 2
Shelf 3
Shelf 4
Shelf 5

I trimmed down and sold off a bunch a few years back before moving but it's getting up there again, and I have less I would part with at this point so it's probably going to be another bookcase over ebay this time.

Love the Umbrella Academy figure you got dude. And all of the uniform Image trades going on lol

Since we're sharing, here's mine right now. Smaller than some of you guys:
Some of the Paul Pope books are signed, my Superior Foes omnibus is signed+sketched, and I have an old Power Girl trade that's signed. Plus some other books I just have out like Batmanga.

Love the Umbrella Academy figure you got dude. And all of the uniform Image trades going on lol

That White Violin was part of a minifigure set with 4 or 5 other characters. I still have it in sealed condition. $$$$$$

Dark Horse also put out a larger White Violin statue that I now regret not buying.

Hahah I got the White Violin figurine as part of this cool little set DH put out with the figurine and a manga-ish sized HC volume of the first trade, but man do I wish I had that full figure set :O it would not be sealed, that's for sure lol

Here it is here:

They did a Hellboy one too that I wish I'd grabbed </3

Awesome collection Ty, you have all sorts of stuff I haven't even heard of, nevermind don't have so it's cool to look through all that, maybe take a note of some stuff haha. I really want that Nausicaa set! You're holding out for that Nick Spencer signature to compliment Lieber's right? ;)

Anyone have an idea how to price things you want to resell? Like, do you have a formula of sorts you use? I want to resell Vol 1-7 of Saga and get the HCs.

Weapon X #2

"I'm also Warpath, one of the strongest mutants on the planet."

Fuck this book. Pak has no idea what characters he is writing for, does he? Boy this was a hard step down from the previous issue.

Old Man Logan #22
Damn Logan. Breaking my heart over here. Time travel, hooooooooo!

Anyone have an idea how to price things you want to resell? Like, do you have a formula of sorts you use? I want to resell Vol 1-7 of Saga and get the HCs.

When I sold off all my finished with trades a few years back on ebay, I literally would just do a search for the volume, find the cheapest price + postage listing, then undercut it by £1 haha. I've got kind of lazy with books I want to get rid of now though, I usually just send them into ziffit (like a mass trade in website that then resells for profit) or literally just give them away. I have extra volumes of Low vol 3 and Deadly Class vol 2 here that I would literally just send to whoever wants them for free, I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Self bound 4 volume Huskie photo album? I would support and buy this btw

I have enough books about Huskies to make that happen.

Oh awesome, are these the ones you ca only get at cons and stuff? I would have this kind of thing even just for curio factor if I could go to a con or whatever

Nah they are identical to the regular TPB's. We make them at work (book bindery). Problem is our selection is pretty random and not very good. Besides the ones I have I've also seen Alex + Ada, Decender, Red One, and Starve.

I think you'd have plenty of takers if they were readily available. More durable than a regular TPB and more portable/less combersome than OHC's.

Greg Land art collection?

Land-face.......at least it's not Seljic-face am I right?

Saw Guardians, loved it, bought Abnett's Omnibus on a whim :p.

Plowing thorugh Busiek's avengers right now, Perez is such an amazing artist and I'm sad to hear the recent news. Hope he shows up to Tampa Bay Comic Con this year, would love to meet the man and get my omni's signed.

Also I can see why people hate Carol Danvers, especially after this run.

Hahah I got the White Violin figurine as part of this cool little set DH put out with the figurine and a manga-ish sized HC volume of the first trade, but man do I wish I had that full figure set :O it would not be sealed, that's for sure lol

Here it is here:

Oh yeah, I forgot that was a thing that existed too. I bought both Umbrella Academy trades in the big $70 limited editions.

Oh yeah, I forgot that was a thing that existed too. I bought both Umbrella Academy trades in the big $70 limited editions.

Awesome, hopefully the release of the third volume (which genuinely seems to be happening!) leads to some cool merchy stuff around Umbrella Academy again. I missed out on the nice books etc and Way has been pretty cool with some of the extra stuff around Young Animal.

Wanderer5

Another birthday has come around. So far got Little Nightmares, a steam card to help pay off Prey, and an amazon card, which I'll put a bit of towards the next trade for Detective Comics later this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom