• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another birthday has come around. So far got Little Nightmares, a steam card to help pay off Prey, and an amazon card, which I'll put a bit of towards the next trade for Detective Comics later this month.

Happy birthday! Little nightmares looks cool, good catch. Tarsier put in a good show on lbp vita, probably better than any of the main games. Definitely would like to check that out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Some examples?
Everything classic of Marvel.
Avengers Forever
Kravens Last Hunt
The Start of Ultimate Spider-Man
Dark Phoenix Saga
Waids two first Arcs on Fantastic Four
Wheedon X-Men.

60 Hardcovers that are taking up place and that I really never going to read again.

tim1138

Everything classic of Marvel.
Avengers Forever
Kravens Last Hunt
The Start of Ultimate Spider-Man
Dark Phoenix Saga
Waids two first Arcs on Fantastic Four
Wheedon X-Men.

60 Hardcovers that are taking up place and that I really never going to read again.

That's why I've purged so much of my physical stuff and hardly buy any collections.

Wanderer5

Heh probably would have a decent size physical collection, but I either just go digital nowadays (with some exceptions), or just use my library and local bookstore more to read.

Happy birthday! Little nightmares looks cool, good catch. Tarsier put in a good show on lbp vita, probably better than any of the main games. Definitely would like to check that out.

Thanks! And yeah, with people praising and talking about Little Nightmares, it definitely sounds like a horror game I would get into, plus it will be a nice shorter length game to get through to break up the longer games.XD Will focus on Prey first, which looking pretty good thankfully.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's why I've purged so much of my physical stuff and hardly buy any collections.

Thats not the big problem. Its the laguage. Its one of these collection things where you buy every two weeks a part and after 10 years you have a car or a millenium falcon.

Here I get a nice picture in the shelf:
spines.png

Problem is the language. Its shitty translated.

I only have one shelf, and most of it isn't even comics. My collection has gotten too big for it actually.

I mostly read floppies when I was younger and I donated all the ones that I could. The only ones I have left are the Avengers United issues with the JLA/Avengers crossover (because it won't be reprinted for a very long time, if ever) and the ones I've gotten with sub boxes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Since we're posting collections.
Not as large as some of the ones in here but I still say it's decent. I'm gonna start running out of shelf space soon, not sure where I'm gonna put new TPs.

Thanks! And yeah, with people praising and talking about Little Nightmares, it definitely sounds like a horror game I would get into, plus it will be a nice shorter length game to get through to break up the longer games.XD Will focus on Prey first, which looking pretty good thankfully.

Yea, I got that through yesterday, really looking forward to it! The whole Bethesda review thing is a bit mad but at least they put out the demo, and I thought that was awesome. Finishing up Dishonored 2 tonight (which I could honestly go on about) then I'll start in over the weekend.

Pretty jealous of you guys with the library resources, that's such a good way to navigate the cost and space of comics while still getting a physical option. I try and stick to comics that I think I'll reread and see value in the years to come to combat space issues or having stuff on the shelf that I have no interest in reading again, but that attitude can make it hard to experiment and take a risk on. Library stuff would be really useful for that too, checking out volumes 1s.

Ross61

Who's going to be Editor on the Bat-family book now? :(

Seemingly good news all around tho. And a Young Reader imprint sounds fantastic.

Vic_Viper

What is the general consensus of James Robinson as a writer? With Cable's new series about to start I was wondering if the writer will be a good choice. I know he is also working on the new Nick Fury book but that is only on the first issue still so its not a very good example of how well Robinson writes stories at large.

Has Robinson done anything noteworthy? Any indie books or runs on a DC/Marvel book worth checking out?

Also, I finally read Secret Empire #1 last night. Thought it was pretty well structured, but I dont like how they just throw us in like a week or so after the Hydra takeover without giving us insight as to how it happened. I know issue 0 sets it up but it feels like theres a pretty large gap inbetween 0 and 1 that I personally would have liked to see fleshed out. Like why are teachers now suddenly teaching students this Hydra revised texts lol.

Saw GotG vol. 2 last night also. Great movie actually. Doesnt necessarily move the MCU forward in any way, but it was a great look into what the Guardians have been up to. Wasnt exactly happy with how they changed Quill's father, but if I hadnt read any of the books I probably wouldnt have cared. Really makes me want to go back and reread the DnA run and Bendis's. Biggest disappointment though with the Guardians movies is how they are just ignoring Nova. I mean if he isnt in Vol. 3 then I will be seriously pissed. Really hope they do Annihilation for the next film with Warlock and Nova.

tim1138

Wonder what's happening to Jamie Rich

What is the general consensus of James Robinson as a writer? With Cable's new series about to start I was wondering if the writer will be a good choice. I know he is also working on the new Nick Fury book but that is only on the first issue still so its not a very good example of how well Robinson writes stories at large.

Has Robinson done anything noteworthy? Any indie books or runs on a DC/Marvel book worth checking out?

Starman.

The whole run is available on comixology.

I really have to read that one of these days. It's always the one folks point to, and only really being experienced with his modern stuff, I just can't haha not feeling that Cable preview what so ever. Maybe we can bargain; I'll read Star man, you read Sandman :p

Is young reader the same as young adult, or legit kids comics?

Vertigo: sad!

Alright. I'm all in. Got ultimate edition injustice 2 preordered and deluxe edition tekken 7

I also pre-ordered Wipeout omega while I was at it.

Wipeout! I keep forgetting about that, that's going to be an awesome package. I just look forward to playing zone mode for hours again. Plus as much as the vita game is a cool game, those little sticks are painful to use after awhile.

Fury451

Banned

Starman was one of the best comics of the 90s.

Red Hood, multiple Mortal Kombat characters (that aren't one of the Cage family) and possibly Azrael as well.

Legitimately awful. There aren't enough waifus in the world.

Red Hood, multiple Mortal Kombat characters (that aren't one of the Cage family) and possibly Azrael as well.

Legitimately awful. There aren't enough waifus in the world.

Those characters are cool cus I like that edgy shit. I wish the rest of the Batman characters minus Bats himself weren't in the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom