• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

error4041

Comic strips mixed in with comic books? Volume 2 with no corresponding volume 1?! I can't. I can't.
A cowarker actually gave me the copy of Booster Gold and Superman Godfall. Making Sheriff of Babylon the only DC book I've paid for physically. I plan on picking up some rebirth trades and Hardcovers at some point though.

A cowarker actually gave me the copy of Booster Gold and Superman Godfall. Making Sheriff of Babylon the only DC book I've paid for physically. I plan on picking up some rebirth trades and Hardcovers at some point though.

I will admit to actually owning a copy of Godfall because Superman's waifu in that book is lovely. Until she turns evil.

I think it has stopped showing up in solicits so probably?

That was a Joe Kelly book, right?

I imagine Joe's busy with the rest of Man of Action on more seasons of the Ben 10 reboot. I don't really want the book to carry on with a different writer, Joe is the best Deadpool writer ever and he was the main draw of the book for me.

error4041

How's the Zelda items book? I didn't realize it would be that huge.
It's great, I think it has almost every piece of official Zelda artwork up to date though it might be missing a few pieces here and there, and it is pretty hefty.

It makes me want a Zelda series with art from the various games.

0eec6e8add15dded120efc8b873b13f6.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm going to make an iPad that smells like comics books and it will make me literally tens of dollars.

Dusknoir

Got hoopla a weeks ago and read though Nu52 Batman vol 1 -7 and all of Brian's Wonder Woman. There some part of these runs I don't like for example vol 2 and 6 of Batman and the ending of Wonder Woman but I stilled enjoyed it a lot. Although I like the current Wonder Woman run it make me salty that it throws away the characters and relationships in the old run. I wound like see New Gods and WW cross again. It reminded me of the justice legue animated tv show. The Scott Snyder read of Batman is so different from the King run that it's jarring. The dectective side of Batman gets so much play here that I can see why in All Star his going more actiony.

Edit- Now I'm off to read Doom Patrol by Grant

Sandfox

I like how in this week's Spider-Man, Ganke
uses the name "Ned" as a pseudonym.That joke made me laugh.

The plot is picking back up.

Hahah I got the White Violin figurine as part of this cool little set DH put out with the figurine and a manga-ish sized HC volume of the first trade, but man do I wish I had that full figure set :O it would not be sealed, that's for sure lol

Here it is here:

They did a Hellboy one too that I wish I'd grabbed </3

Awesome collection Ty, you have all sorts of stuff I haven't even heard of, nevermind don't have so it's cool to look through all that, maybe take a note of some stuff haha. I really want that Nausicaa set! You're holding out for that Nick Spencer signature to compliment Lieber's right? ;)
Ah, that's really cool. Wish I got into the series earlier lol

And it's funny, because when I got my signed+sketched copy of Superior Foes, I tweeted a pic to Lieber and Spencer. Lieber of course liked and RT'd, and Spencer didn't even acknowledge it :(
Edit- Now I'm off to read Doom Patrol by Grant
Get ready for the best comic

The Sixth Gun, yay or nay? Thinking of picking it up in the sale on Comixology

Literally everyone in this community owns more physical comics than I do.
I own four, well three since one is just a two-part omnibus. Berserk 1 and 2, and Naussicaa. Everything else I read is digital

And it's funny, because when I got my signed+sketched copy of Superior Foes, I tweeted a pic to Lieber and Spencer. Lieber of course liked and RT'd, and Spencer didn't even acknowledge it :(

Hahah of course. He was probably too busy not finishing Morning Glories, and destroying Marvel fans dreams everywhere to do something like respond or even like. Why retweet that when he could argue with people who don't like any of his work.

The Sixth Gun, yay or nay? Thinking of picking it up in the sale on Comixology

Yea it's alright! The art is absolutely awesome, definitely worth it in that regard. I've read I think the first six volumes, and story wise is fine, it's a good adventure. Nothing too deep or thoughtful but it keeps the pace up and compensates by just being fun. I do plan to go back to the book one day. It's got a nice pulpy feel.

It's bonkers how much money Umbrella Academy merch goes for now. I have the limited edition hardcovers, and the Umbrella Suite volume goes for $300 on Amazon USED. The mini-figure set I mentioned earlier that I still have sealed goes for at least $100, but usually more.

Digital hides the shame. Otherwise all backlogs look like Homer's to-do pile:

I still buy trades of things I really enjoyed and want to own that way, but I just couldn't stomach the piles of floppies every week. It was such a hassle that I switched to digital, and it was a great decision.

It's bonkers how much money Umbrella Academy merch goes for now. I have the limited edition hardcovers, and the Umbrella Suite volume goes for $300 on Amazon USED. The mini-figure set I mentioned earlier that I still have sealed goes for at least $100, but usually more.

All the MCR fans grew up and got jobs.

I still buy trades of things I really enjoyed and want to own that way, but I just couldn't stomach the piles of floppies every week. It was such a hassle that I switched to digital, and it was a great decision.

It doesn't just apply to comics, you know. *glares at Steam, Humble, Audible and Kindle*

I haven't bought a floppy (outside of, like I said before, getting them in Loot Crate and such) for close to a decade now. I didn't really follow comics between Secret Invasion and AvX, and the former was where I stopped buying floppies. I moved back home around then and didn't live close to a comic shop. Even now I'm 90 minutes away at least, and the city I'm moving to doesn't have one either. I'm too used to paying the money and getting to read the comic immediately now. I wouldn't even have the patience to walk home these days.

Messi

I like it! I don't know if I would go to love, but I think it's a really good time.

In fact. It's one of the only two marvel books I'm reading that hasn't been announced as ending or the team leaving lol

Errr Robbie Rodriguez announced a while ago that he is leaving.

Lol of course. Not sure if I'll keep going after that point, Rodriguez is pretty integral to the whole tone and flavour of the book for me. I guess it depends who steps in.

Well, that's me down to Aaron & Dauterman's Thor book that I'm still like yea, this is a lock. Going to try some new stuff soon.

Been reading volume 3 of Descender, about half way through, and fuuuuck man the feels :( I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts twice, the issues with the flashbacks from
Tim-22 & then Bandit's POV
(known character names but tagging to be safe) were legitimately lump in my throat stuff. I think it's just the whole robot as an allegory for humans aspect to these kind of books that just makes it even worse somehow. The book is really great though and it feels like it gets better everytime the cast and the scope expands which is good, some books suffer going in that direction but Lemire has so many interesting characters and ideas in this universe.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just coming back from the Cinema:
If you have the opporturnity to watch Shin Godzilla - Do it.
Best Movie of the series, puts the original to shame.
And its beautifiul.

Gonne get a Godzilla Comic fix now, need Godzilla goes to Hell

Einchy

Just coming back from the Cinema:
If you have the opporturnity to watch Shin Godzilla - Do it.
Best Movie of the series, puts the original to shame.
And its beautifiul.

Gonne get a Godzilla Comic fix now, need Godzilla goes to Hell

What's with Japanese movies and them taking a billion years to come out on Blu-ray?

Aizo

Banned
I can't show my collection until I'm back in Tokyo on Sunday. I think most of the stuff I have is unique to only me on here haha. Half the collection is in another country, sadly.

Vic_Viper

That's an awesome collection Vanwinkle!

Those Marvel OHCs are so nice all together like that. Need to start getting more of those myself instead of waiting for the Omnis.

Why are your Goon books white? Mine are green I think.

VanWinkle

That's an awesome collection Vanwinkle!

Those Marvel OHCs are so nice all together like that. Need to start getting more of those myself instead of waiting for the Omnis.

Why are your Goon books white? Mine are green I think.

Thanks man. I don't like how the dust jackets are all wrinkled, and all the other Library Editions are jacketless, so I took them off.

Malyse

Man, I have some complicated ass feelings about the Wonder Women movie and the DCEU.

I don't want to watch a bad WW film, but I don't want DC to have a reason to not support women led films. I also don't want to support the Snyderverse of films; they are cynical and unfun and feel like they are being made by people who actively hate the characters (Superman in particular, though killer Batman is a close second).

I wish DC would scrap the cinematic universe. That doesn't even feel like what DC comics are. DC is interesting to me because you can have All Star Batman, and Batman Shadow, and Batman, and Detective Comics where batman is having completely different adventures in each and they don't give a shit about matching continuity with each other save the most broad of strokes. I want the movies like that. The Dark Knight trilogy doesn't tie into Donner Superman doesn't tie into Wonder Woman. Not of this building to a climax thing (especially when you try to rush to completion three movies in. Who the hell would be satisfied that fast?). Plus, they way the universe is built is all wrong. Like, you really thing no one talked about Wonder Woman after WWII? We're expected to believe that the Batman has been executing people across the damned river and Superman just never thought he should maybe check that out?

This is why the DCAU is kicking the DCEU's ass.

Give it to Gurihiru.

Messi

Is Alias as good as the current Jessica Jones series? Because this shit is awesome. The most recent issue was really great. I love how Bendis writes Jessica and her internal monologue.

Gurihuru is the wrong style for Spider-Gwen. If Gurihuru leaves Gwenpool it's fucked. Their art is that important. It really doesn't work without their super cute art.

Malyse

Is Alias as good as the current Jessica Jones series? Because this shit is awesome. The most recent issue was really great. I love how Bendis writes Jessica and her internal monologue.

I think it is. But it's v close to what you saw on Netflix.

Einchy

LOW #12

So there's whole civilizations on the surface.

Now that I think about it, I had completely forgot that we saw some figures when that probe fell down, so It was a surprise when the rats and The Swarm were shown. Pretty cool development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom