• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Is Alias as good as the current Jessica Jones series? Because this shit is awesome. The most recent issue was really great. I love how Bendis writes Jessica and her internal monologue.

Gurihuru is the wrong style for Spider-Gwen. If Gurihuru leaves Gwenpool it's fucked. Their art is that important. It really doesn't work without their super cute art.
What books are you reading?

VanWinkle

Made a LONG overdue order!

QFllRAH.png

Excited to finally read these. Squirrel Girl Vol 1 is the OHC, by the way.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
LOW #13

There were some really weird faces in this chapter and it really only stood out since the artist is usually REALLY good with his autonomy and faces.
http://imgur.com/ybFqIdj
http://imgur.com/Lv7LYDb
http://imgur.com/7S1BSup
http://imgur.com/f44lQSW
http://imgur.com/tpLE3Lm

It was especially weird when
she was contemplating stealing the suit from her sister, and she was talking about how she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it, but she kept smiling. Then later the sister gets stabbed and her expression could not have been anymore uncaring. Really odd.

[edit]

Also, a bunch of panels looked like this.
PEF0AkG.png

Is Alias as good as the current Jessica Jones series? Because this shit is awesome. The most recent issue was really great. I love how Bendis writes Jessica and her internal monologue.
Yes, but it has way more cussing and self-deprecation. It will make you feel sad.

IrishNinja

so i don't know if spencer can really carry this through 9 issues but as a cap fan i'm enjoying the beginnings of Secret Empire

We're posting collections? Nice. Here's mine:

That last one is just random stuff I didn't have room elsewhere for, lol.

...good lord that's some sexy stuff there

Jean Grey #1
So as most are aware, I'm not a fan of Jean. Outside of her Phoenix manifestations, I have found her quite boring. Inoffensively so, but still boring. Yet I decided to check out this book because why not? It's the first time the character has gotten a solo.

I thought this was pretty good. It's nice seeing a character who isn't "THE GREATEST EVER" or constantly adored and loved. The insecure monologue really helps, too. And Ibáñez's art isn't terrible!

Strong start.

X-Men Gold #3
Okay, so let's start with that New Mutants line-up (which I would totally read), who is the entire team:
Rockslide, Kid Apocalypse, No Girl, Shark Girl, Anole (without his badass, super dragon form from Lemire's Extraordinary), Armor, and Triage. Who's the dude with the mask and red hair? Also a bummer that Kitty would be worried about Armor. They invaded Breakworld together. Plus any mutant who lived through Second Coming deserves a free pass.

As for the rest of the issue, it's still whatever. I want to care, but I can't be bothered to. It just feels like a "this is certainly an X-Men book" type of book. It's nothing special. There's nothing standout. Syaf's art is whatever. Also, nice ISIS reference. We get it, you saw the news once. No one cares.

Definitely a "Guggenheim thinks he's Claremont"/10

Champions #8
I must have missed an issue of Waid's Avengers. Did Richard Rider and Carol Danvers join, or were they just a part of that image that Cyclops was running drills with? Regardless, this was an alright issue. People need to stop using "fam" everywhere. I want to hit someone.

Also I need an image of Sam's stupid fucking smile after he
shows the team the video. That dumb fucking look. Also Kamala and Sam are totally gonna get together
. Some nice character moments, but I need this book to be more than character moments coupled with "I'm socially aware!" issue to issue storylines. I don't need anything big or epic, but I need something. It's wearing me down.

The Ultimates^2 #6
Good issue. Answered some questions. The Psi-Force is cool. This is also the most "we have an event coming up and need to explain why the team is on Earth this time" issue I've read in ever.
We're posting collections? Nice. Here's mine:

That last one is just random stuff I didn't have room elsewhere for, lol.
Yes, but how much have you read? Hmmmm?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
LOW Volume 3

Oh man, all that time and some douche destroys the damn probe. I guess now that that's gone, the story has to go in a completely different direction but I've no idea where it could possibly go. Now to wait for Volume 4.

I finished the first volume of Monstress last night and omg? I fucking loved it.

I've only read this and Paper Girls out of my list so far and I'm lovin it. I have become a new Image comics fan.

I need more gays tho.

dan2026

Just caught up on Mighty Thor.

This shit is still pretty damn good.
I love Gladiator and his son and their hilarious mohawks.

ReaperXL7

I'll be taking the kids out for free comic book day. We have a pretty fantastic comic shop here in south florida that goes all out for it and I've taken my daughter for the past couple years, this will be my sons first time though.

I didn't see a thread for Free comic day, anyone else going out? My daughter already knows what books she wants but I'm still debating what I want to read.

I'll be taking the kids out for free comic book day. We have a pretty fantastic comic shop here in south florida that goes all out for it and I've taken my daughter for the past couple years, this will be my sons first time though.

I didn't see a thread for Free comic day, anyone else going out? My daughter already knows what books she wants but I'm still debating what I want to read.
Went with my little sister. She picked up Superhero Girls, Wonder Woman and Secret Empire(because she wanted to see the Spider story) and I picked up I Hate Image, Star Trek and the 2000AD issue

They didn't have Waid!Flash book 1 in yet but I promised to come by next week. Little sister picked up the first Superhero Girls book as well(I paid).

Tate's too?

I'm not heading out this year but they always do an awesome job. I think someone from my job is exhibiting this year which is pretty cool.

Dusknoir

Went to my LCS today and got I Hate Image and the SFV free books. Also got issues 8-12 of Sheriff of Babylon (couldn't find 7), a few other random issues.

Messi

My store had no I hate image left and that's all I wanted. I took a copy of XO manowar and put it in a bin outside. Happy to do my part.

My store had no I hate image left and that's all I wanted. I took a copy of XO manowar and put it in a bin outside. Happy to do my part.

Haha I laughed.

I think the lady has infected me with a sinus thing and I have to go out to dinner for mother in laws birthday tonight of all things. Leave me alone world and let me Prey. I wish we had a place here in town for fcbd though, that would be fun. I think the best fcbd issue I ever got was the first issue of the sixth gun, great way for a smaller pub to launch a series.

Made a LONG overdue order!

QFllRAH.png

Excited to finally read these. Squirrel Girl Vol 1 is the OHC, by the way.

Enjoy. Ryan North is a super funny writer and the comic is so fun. The OGN was fantastic too. Henderson's art, love it or hate it, is a perfect fit for the title too. Still my favorite Marvel book each month and a real joy to read through. I need to grab the HCs myself.

Vic_Viper

Wanted to post my collection after seeing a few others on here last night. Might not be the best way to have organized them but it was the easiest way to fit them on the shelf.

First time posting my own images too so let me know if im doing it wrong lol, I checked the FAQ so I think this is right. If these images are too large please let me know and ill adjust them, plus Id like to know for future reference.

CmmqvJN.jpg

alfwkfI.jpg

vBpqd9U.jpg

Just started collecting a little over a year ago. The Gap inbetween the 2 Daredevil Omnis will be filled next week when Vol 2 arrives! My room here is also pretty small and this is the best bookshelf I could find that would meet my requirements. Thanks to the Gaffer here for recommending this awesome shelf btw!

Just started collecting a little over a year ago. The Gap inbetween the 2 Daredevil Omnis will be filled next week when Vol 2 arrives! My room here is also pretty small and this is the best bookshelf I could find that would meet my requirements. Thanks to the Gaffer here for recommending this awesome shelf btw!

Hey only a year collecting and I see Hellboy Library vol 1. You're winning in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom