• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
FCBD pick-ups are Buffy: The High School Years, Secret Empire (I had to), and I Hate Image

My LCS was also doing a sale today with 25% off graphic novels, so I picked up Arkham War and the first two volumes of I Hate Fairyland

Mandatory

I don't even know who half of those clowns are. But Miss Sinister and Daken? Really?

My store had no I hate image left and that's all I wanted. I took a copy of XO manowar and put it in a bin outside. Happy to do my part.

Did anyone ever end up making a FCBD thread?

Leave me alone world and let me Prey.

Did you buy it? I bought it. I'm still finishing up my last playthrough or two of Nier Automata, though.

Hey only a year collecting and I see Hellboy Library vol 1. You're winning in my book!

Only five volumes short. :|

We are all #Hellboys #Hellbois

When do we start getting the HellBOYLOVE offshoot manga?

Aizo

Banned
Bad timing for me. It's free comic book day here, but I had to get up at 4:30am and get to the airport. When I arrive in Japan, it'll be Sunday. I time travel through FCBD. How unlucky.

Anybody else read Noble from Lion Forge? I thought it was pretty good and it was refreshing to have a superhero comic that doesn't have a bunch of hokey dialogue to explain what's going on, instead they let the art do the talking. And that art actually looked pretty good outside of sometimes weird-looking veins in characters' arms.

hmzLtoH.jpg

Messi

Anybody else read Noble from Lion Forge? I thought it was pretty good and it was refreshing to have a superhero comic that doesn't have a bunch of hokey dialogue to explain what's going on, instead they let the art do the talking. And that art actually looked pretty good outside of sometimes weird-looking veins in characters' arms.

Is that Kobe Bryant on the cover?? Did the artist copy old school Fro-Be Bryant?

dan2026

Prequel to the upcoming TMNT: Dimension X 5-week event this August! Krang was defeated by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and now awaits trial in Dimension X. Little do the Turtles know that Krang hired an assassin to destroy everyone who might testify against him, including themselves! This issue introduces a deadly and weird new villain, and begins the biggest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adventure in space ever!

Really looking forward to this.
Love me some Krang.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Well, fucking sucks about Lemire leaving. But hey, I just got my last Doom Patrol paperback. DP and The Invisibles collection completed! So not all's bad.

MoA92n5.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Bad Machinery and I hate Image for FCBD.

Also ended up getting the trades for Vision for a friend. Christos Gage was there. No one was talking to him.

What's your excuse Donnie? :p

Haha I'm still waiting on Hellaboy vol 1 coming out, I keep checking tumblr but it's not coming up

Did you buy it? I bought it. I'm still finishing up my last playthrough or two of Nier Automata, though.

Yea, I got a few hours in earlier I absolutely love it haha. I missed the boat on system shock but it's the perfect child of Bioshock and Dead Space, that'll do me!

Secret Empire #1
This is good, but...damn it's a tough read. Hits too close. I thought that
Rick asking Steve about dressing up as Bucky was hilarious. As far as this Avengers team goes, who is Superior Octopus?

Whooo boy

Secret Empire FCBD
Well shit. Bless us Sorrentino. On the other hand...that was super stupid and answered no questions about the gap between #0 and #1. Just an excuse for Sorrentino to do cool shit. So I'll take it.

The Spectacular Spider-Man preview was dope as fuck, though.

Sandfox

Secret Empire #1
This is good, but...damn it's a tough read. Hits too close. I thought that
Rick asking Steve about dressing up as Bucky was hilarious. As far as this Avengers team goes, who is Superior Octopus?

Whooo boy

Secret Empire FCBD
Well shit. Bless us Sorrentino. On the other hand...that was super stupid and answered no questions about the gap between #0 and #1. Just an excuse for Sorrentino to do cool shit. So I'll take it.

The Spectacular Spider-Man preview was dope as fuck, though.

Superior Octopus is Doc Ock in a new body that has the same powers at Peter.

Vic_Viper

Is there a good resource that lists all the Marvel OHC editions in one place? It's so hard to find which books are being sold in that format aside from the Bendis X-Men run, Thor, and Spider-Man.

Sandfox

I really hate Slott for stuff like this

It makes sense given that the reason Otto died in the first place was because his original body couldn't stand up to the hits he had been taking over the years and this also makes him a bigger threat to Spider-Man.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wish Secret Wars had hit a big reset button on Spider-Man, done away with all the characters Dan Slott had created, and had given Spidey to a new writer. I love Spidey and wanna read his comics but they're so fucking bad.

Sandfox

I wish Secret Wars had hit a big reset button on Spider-Man, done away with all the characters Dan Slott had created, and had given Spidey to a new writer. I love Spidey and wanna read his comics but they're so fucking bad.
The characters that people didn't like have basically already been written out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom