• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

I hope Spectacular is good. But the preview from fcbd wasnt a great start. The humor was painfull. It doesnt feel like Zdarsky has a handle on Pete's voice at all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Didn't end up going to free comic book this year cus the one I went to before changed locations and it's really far now.

Seeing the list of what was being given out this year, though, it seems I didn't miss much. Then again, just seeing everyone dressed up last year and seeing George Pérez signing stuff was pretty cool.

Sandfox

All I want from ASM is for Spider-Man to go back to the streets and have a personal life again.

It'll sell well for the first issue and then drop below Amazing.
I'm curious to see how the book differentiates itself from ASM post-legacy. IIRC the old book focused more on Peter's life.

Messi

Becky Cloonan is back drawing. She is working on a graphic novel. Here's a little comic about her situation. I like her.

ZeXXtXJ.jpg

I heard I hate image is good.

I heard Valiant's was so good this year, they had to stock some in containers outside the store

Cloonan OGN - I'll be there. She's a great writer as well as artist so bring it on. I wonder what it'll be about. I think she wanted the world The Mire was set in to spawn more stories. Remember that time Brian Wood managed to get Becky Cloonan AND James Harren on Conan with him?

I heard Valiant's was so good this year, they had to stock some in containers outside the store

Cloonan OGN - I'll be there. She's a great writer as well as artist so bring it on. I wonder what it'll be about. I think she wanted the world The Mire was set in to spawn more stories. Remember that time Brian Wood managed to get Becky Cloonan AND James Harren on Conan with him?

I saw some outside my store in a container that looked like this

Einchy

Lol, issue 6 of Tokyo Ghost is one big fuck you to Trump and their voters. I love Rick Remember. <3

How's Last Days of American Crime and Fear Agent? Rick has quickly become one of my favorite writers, so I'm thinking of checking out those two soon-ish.

Messi

Lol, issue 6 of Tokyo Ghost is one big fuck you to Trump and their voters. I love Rick Remember. <3

How's Last Days of American Crime and Fear Agent? Rick has quickly become one of my favorite writers, so I'm thinking of checking out those two soon-ish.

Both good. Fear Agent is really good.

I saw some outside my store in a container that looked like this

Oh you and Messi shop at the same place? I had no idea.

I kind of didn't love Fear Agent when I read it buttttt honestly it's been a journey for me towards enjoying Remender and I kind of feel like my view would change if I reread now? But I got rid of it so :/ everyone tends to love it though. You'll probably like it if you enjoy his current stuff.

Einchy

Nice nice, added them on my IST wishlist. Will try picking at least the first volume of Fear Agent to check it out.

Seems like Last Days of American Crime might be out of print, though. Rick was talking about how they completely sold out on an oversized version but I don't see the TP version on IST either, so that's probably out of print as well.

Messi

Nice nice, added them on my IST wishlist. Will try picking at least the first volume of Fear Agent to check it out.

Seems like Last Days of American Crime might be out of print, though. Rick was talking about how they completely sold out on an oversized version but I don't see the TP version on IST either, so that's probably out of print as well.

Yup they are oop. The OHC went quickly too.

tim1138

Guardians 2 was pretty good, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one though. The emotional beats at the end were great, but as a whole the movie didn't resonate as much with me.

-edit-

Just read I Hate Image, that was a riot. Gert is a national treasure.

shingi70

Banned
Valiant FCBD was okay, I did like the two page valiant universe spread in the middle.

Took my girlfriend to the comic shop, and she picked up quite a few things and wants to make it a weekly visit.

You could get a used copy of the OHC for $22.

Messi

Uncanny Avengers #22 is the best comic I'll read this year. What a stellar issue and payoff to a long running story. It made me tear up. It also had a really great callback to Deadpools best story ever. Duggan needs to be allowed to write more Rogue.

Pepe Larraz needs to be on an X-Men book that includes Rogue. His art is stellar. In context this page is stunningly beautiful. It got me.

Give me an OHC. Best Avengers book going for quite some time.

Sandfox

Uncanny Avengers #22 is the best comic I'll read this year. What a stellar issue and payoff to a long running story. It made me tear up. It also had a really great callback to Deadpools best story ever. Duggan needs to be allowed to write more Rogue.

Pepe Larraz needs to be on an X-Men book that includes Rogue. His art is stellar. In context this page is stunningly beautiful. It got me.

I would buy that day one. Uncanny has been both the best Avengers book and best X team book

Larraz draws a really good Rogue and needs to do an issue of Astonishing.

blackflag

Just went through all of East of West in a couple days. Pretty damn interesting

Also tried to read Inhumans Prime #1 and it was so bad I couldn't finish.

Dalek

It is indeed a great book with a great team.

Is Alias as good as the current Jessica Jones series? Because this shit is awesome. The most recent issue was really great. I love how Bendis writes Jessica and her internal monologue.

I loved Jessica Jones on Netflix but hate Bendis. The way y'all talk about this new run tho...

I finished the first volume of Monstress last night and omg? I fucking loved it.

I've only read this and Paper Girls out of my list so far and I'm lovin it. I have become a new Image comics fan.

I need more gays tho.

Keep reading...

My store had no I hate image left and that's all I wanted. I took a copy of XO manowar and put it in a bin outside. Happy to do my part.

I forgot to get I Hate Image :(

I got two 'cause I'm a big jerk. 50 bucks!

Atomic Robo FCBD issues are consistently great.

I wonder if they skipped this year? I didn't see any.

Did anyone go for the boom fcbd thing? I think it had a new Mouse Guard story <3

Yeah, it's kinda sad that the Mouse Guard story was in the Boom FCBD issue instead of being it's own thing like in years past. Still, nice there is one.

FCBD haul! (I dragged my girlfriend to two shops)

The Incal
Star Trek TNG Mirror Broken
Boom! Summer Blast
2000 AD
Fantagraphics World's Greatest Cartoonists
I Hate Image
Wonder Woman
Rick and Morty
Betty and Veronica
XO Manowar (I feel dirty)
Doctor Who
Captain Canuck
Buffy The High School Years

And for my niece and nephew: DC Superhero Girls and Animal Jam

I also got Saga Book 1, since I found someone to buy my Saga volumes. Woo-hoo!

Messi

If you don't like Bendis dialogue stay AAAAAWWWWWWWWAAAAAYYYY from Jessica jones. It's so Bendis.

Meant to say I read this week's issue and I love the dynamic Jessica and Maria Hill have. It's so blunt.

Sandfox

I just saw the joke targeted at Dan Slott in Spectacular and it made me laugh. Most people probably won't get it unless they follow Slott or Zdarsky on twitter though.

caliph95

If you don't like Bendis dialogue stay AAAAAWWWWWWWWAAAAAYYYY from Jessica jones. It's so Bendis.

Meant to say I read this week's issue and I love the dynamic Jessica and Maria Hill have. It's so blunt.
Jessica Jones, you mean that jessica jones
the one written by bendis

Einchy

He doesn't have the hardcover Hellboy editions! I thought I was the only one that just had the LPs, I was feeling left out.

Superior Octopus is Doc Ock in a new body that has the same powers at Peter.
So he basically brought back Superior Spider-Man? I don't know if I care for him having Spider powers. Maybe if he octopus-based powers. That'd be cool. I dig it, though he does seem to have a real focus on DocOck in his stories. At least having read Superior and looking in from the outside.
Man, James Tynion's collection is super legit.
Explains why he's so good with his characterizations.

He knows what makes them tick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom