• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I haven't been in any of the threads since I got it, trying to take the experience my own way so I hadn't heard about that. That sounds like a good way to have a good time anyway if you aren't loving certain aspects. Minor minor spoiler but do you have the plan for
neuromods
yet? Once you have that + your trick you can just go nuts and have fun. I didn't initially realise you moved slower with certain weapons out but I've upgraded my movement speed and reflexes anyway, mostly just shotgunning the shit out of things, nevermind the gloogun. I like using that to climb things though.

Holy shit, they give you
neuromod plans!?
Where are they? I already found the plans for medkits, pistol and shotgun ammo. I figure I get those and the plans for the suit repair items I'll have broken the game completely. I'm making more material every time I go back to my office because I know they're going to patch the glitch soon and then I won't be able to make anymore. So I have to make sure I have enough to get me through the game.

VanWinkle

I would love that run too, although omnibus seems expensiveeee now. They put Secret Warriors into complete collections though, I'm holding out for the same with FF.

Oh yeah I need to buy those Secret Warriors complete collections. Thanks for reminding me! And, yeah, the same treatment for his FF run would be so awesome. I just don't think Marvel cares about FF anymore, unfortunately.

Holy shit, they give you
neuromod plans!?
Where are they? I already found the plans for medkits, pistol and shotgun ammo. I figure I get those and the plans for the suit repair items I'll have broken the game completely. I'm making more material every time I go back to my office because I know they're going to patch the glitch soon and then I won't be able to make anymore. So I have to make sure I have enough to get me through the game.

Yea they totally do. It's a bit of a winding path, but once you've been up to Morgan's office, you should have the key code for the volunteer loungey living area on the second level above where you got your original neuro mod, just before the lobby. Once you get the power on in there you can shortcut over to fabrication which is also on that second level and it's in there. There's two savage aliens you come across but if I managed it on lemon peels and spare wire you should be good with your millions of materials haha

Vic_Viper

Has DC given any kind of indication as to how limited these Rebirth Deluxe trades will be?

The Batman book is available for pre order at DCBS, can't decide if I should do it now or just wait till they are out and see if I can get a better deal. Can't believe it's 15 issues and under $20 lol. The Low OHC is also available, definitely getting it too.

Also been thinking about getting the first 2 Thor OHCs by Aaron. I've never read a Thor book but am a huge fan of Aaron's other books.

Messi

Has DC given any kind of indication as to how limited these Rebirth Deluxe trades will be?

The Batman book is available for pre order at DCBS, can't decide if I should do it now or just wait till they are out and see if I can get a better deal. Can't believe it's 15 issues and under $20 lol. The Low OHC is also available, definitely getting it too.

Also been thinking about getting the first 2 Thor OHCs by Aaron. I've never read a Thor book but am a huge fan of Aaron's other books.

Thor is Aaron's best big two work by far.

Sandfox

Isn't he doing Generations or some big event?
Each Generations issue is being handled by the writer on the featured legacy character so he'll be on the Thor issue. After that he will be doing the Marvel Legacy one-shot to setup the future direction of the line. We have no idea what he's writing after that though.

Yea they totally do. It's a bit of a winding path, but once you've been up to Morgan's office, you should have the key code for the volunteer loungey living area on the second level above where you got your original neuro mod, just before the lobby. Once you get the power on in there you can shortcut over to fabrication which is also on that second level and it's in there. There's two savage aliens you come across but if I managed it on lemon peels and spare wire you should be good with your millions of materials haha

lmao, I went and found it then maxed out all my neuromods. This should be fun, considering I'm only like two hours into the game.

Wanderer5

Loving Prey so much. I am so happy that this turned out well. For now I am mostly sticking to human abilities, only really dipping in the first tier of the mimic power currently.

Ross61

Started Dishonored Definitive Edition but like the comics that I need to catch up on, I'm gonna wait till directly after Finals to deal with that. Good thing my last final is Wednesday.

error4041

I read Guggenheim's Agents of SHIELD run from Last year. Not has bad has I thought it would be, there where some cool concepts and fun action scenes. But some of those ideas had a poor reason for existing, like a file that had directions to counteract almost every major superhero on the planet was a pretty great hook; saying that this file exists because Coulson is a superhero fanboy who payed enough attention to superhero fights that he was able to figure out most everyone's weakness and then a telapath knew to look in his mind and steal these plans, is pretty dumb.

Read the first four chapters of Injustice 2 just now. Good stuff so far. Has some humor bits in the right places and the story is intriguing enough to make me want to read more.

mreddie

I read Guggenheim's Agents of SHIELD run from Last year. Not has bad has I thought it would be, there where some cool concepts and fun action scenes. But some of those ideas had a poor reason for existing, like a file that had directions to counteract almost every major superhero on the planet was a pretty great hook; saying that this file exists because Coulson is a superhero fanboy who payed enough attention to superhero fights that he was able to figure out most everyone's weakness and then a telapath knew to look in his mind and steal these plans, is pretty dumb.

Worst thing was that it never did anything because it had to tie to two events.

Read the first four chapters of Injustice 2 just now. Good stuff so far. Has some humor bits in the right places and the story is intriguing enough to make me want to read more.

Could a person hop on with this without having read the first run? Could you provide details as to what you like about the series?

Could a person hop on with this without having read the first run? Could you provide details as to what you like about the series?

The Injustice books are direct tie-ins to the games. The basis of the franchise is that Superman loses it and kills Joker after Lois and his unborn child die as a result of a Joker plot. After which, Superman basically takes over the world and recruits other heroes to help him kill all the bad people. Naturally Batman builds a resistance to oppose him. The appeal is that you get stories you'd never see in the actual DCU, including frequent character deaths and such. It's very Ultimatum-like in some ways, except it's actually well-written.

I would start with the first Injustice series if you're going to get into it as I2 brings up some plot points from the first series.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I am going through cosmic right now, too! I just finished all the annihilation stuff on the plane yesterday. Onto Conquest! Guardians 2 comes out this weekend here.

I've enjoyed the entire cosmic run so far and I'm sad to be down to the last event. I've heard Thanos Imperative is really good though.

Each Generations issue is being handled by the writer on the featured legacy character so he'll be on the Thor issue. After that he will be doing the Marvel Legacy one-shot to setup the future direction of the line. We have no idea what he's writing after that though.

wait what?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not enough epic foreshadowing for you? Alonso also promises “a last-page reveal that just might break the Internet” while editor Tom Brevoort assures of “the return of a central piece of the Marvel mythos that readers have been mourning in recent months.”

FF_01_0501.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can see Fantastic Four, but I could see that being a Bendis book honestly, he's been playing with bits and pieces of the FF toybox right? I wrote this a few days ago, but I could see Aaron on Cap.

Aaron on Fantastic Four would be cool.
Still, Slott is my favorite, but its not going to happen.

Sandfox

I would like to see Slott on Fantastic Four. When Silver Surfer ends he could start working on another book and it would be cool to see him on Ant-Man with Allred or someone creative in a similar way.

Aaron is only writing Thor for the main universe and that could possibly end this year, so he could very well be working on multiple new books.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I still dont understand why they dont want to make OHCs of Silver Surfer. Its a nice looking book, has quiete some Issues now.
Maybe its getting a Omnibus, but its a missed opportunity.

Krammy

Howdy ComicGAF!

So I've been on a Marvel binge lately with the Vs. Series of Capcom fighting games as well as rewatching a bunch of the cinematic universe movies. Outside of these films and games, I've only got minimal knowledge of the universe. I'm really interested in Thanos and his battles though, so would it be acceptable to jump into Infinity Gauntlet or am I going to be missing out on a ton of details? And is there any other required reading when it comes to the character? It seems like Infinity Gauntlet was remade somewhat recently, but I'm willing to bet it's not as good as the original. What about all the spin-off stories?

cBfLzEO.png

I didn't think about that. I thiiink Slott confirmed he's still on Spiderman after Legacy begins though right? With the amount that goes on with that, not sur eif that would prohibit him from another major book, compared to something off on its own like Surfer.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Howdy ComicGAF!

So I've been on a Marvel binge lately with the Vs. Series of Capcom fighting games as well as rewatching a bunch of the cinematic universe movies. Outside of these films and games, I've only got minimal knowledge of the universe. I'm really interested in Thanos and his battles though, so would it be acceptable to jump into Infinity Gauntlet or am I going to be missing out on a ton of details? And is there any other required reading when it comes to the character? It seems like Infinity Gauntlet was remade somewhat recently, but I'm willing to bet it's not as good as the original. What about all the spin-off stories?

cBfLzEO.png

If you want to read Infinity Gauntlet, make so to read Thanos Quest before. Its fundamental to the plot.

Messi

I still dont understand why they dont want to make OHCs of Silver Surfer. Its a nice looking book, has quiete some Issues now.
Maybe its getting a Omnibus, but its a missed opportunity.

It's sales are poor. Largely being saved from cancellation because it's Slotts passion project and they want him on Spidey.

PsychBat!

Banned
Howdy ComicGAF!

cBfLzEO.png

I recommend reading Thanos Quest to see how Thanos gets the gems and then Infinity Gauntlet. The latest book that is named Infinity Gauntlet has nothing to do with the previous stories and is more related to an event that happened two years ago.

More required reading? I'd just say Infinity War, which is the sequel event of Infinity Gauntlet and it's a lot more wacky. If you hear about Infinity Crusade or Infinity Abyss, just skip them. Or not Infinity Abyss, you could probably read that and then Marvel: The End and then the 2003 shortlived Thanos ongoing by Jim Starlin and Keith Giffen then off you go on a whirlwind of cosmic adventure.

skybald

Extremity #3
This book slays. The art is the exact fit for the story and vice Versa. The world is so cool. I love it

The Flintstones #3-4
It is unreal how good this book is. Fred at the marriage retreat was so real. The spring breakers story was a little weird but the allegory was on point.

Walking Dead #167
The unstoppable train in my life has been gaining speed lately. I can't stop thinking about this book and this issue shows why.

All New Guardians of the Galaxy #1
Missed the last run because I only recently got into non-TWD comics, so gave this a shot. Exactly what I was looking for in from the characters. That Scarface joke 😂

Free Comic Book Day
I picked up my pulls on Saturday and didn't even pay attention to this. I might have grab something if I saw anything not was offered, but whatever. The store was busy so that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom