• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Slott on Fantastic Four. When Silver Surfer ends he could start working on another book and it would be cool to see him on Ant-Man with Allred or someone creative in a similar way.
Slott couldn't do something like FF instead of Silver Surfer. Look how often Silver Surfer comes out. The delays are due to Slott, not Allred. Marvel is really lax with Silver Surfer, letting it go on and not worrying about delays, because they're basically just publishing it to keep Slott happy. But Slott has to make Spider-Man his priority, so he can only do Silver Surfer when he can work it in. He wouldn't be able to do that with Fantastic Four. If Marvel made a big thing out of bringing them back, you know they would be shipping that book more than once a month. Maybe not 24 issues in a year, but probably as many as 18. Slott can't do that if he's still on Spider-Man.

Marvel even decreased the amount of Spider-Man issues per year as a favor to Slott, and that was one of the factors in Spider-Man/Deadpool getting started. That was to make up for those missing ASM issues.

Sandfox

Slott couldn't do something like FF instead of Silver Surfer. Look how often Silver Surfer comes out. The delays are due to Slott, not Allred. Marvel is really lax with Silver Surfer, letting it go on and not worrying about delays, because they're basically just publishing it to keep Slott happy. But Slott has to make Spider-Man his priority, so he can only do Silver Surfer when he can work it in. He wouldn't be able to do that with Fantastic Four. If Marvel made a big thing out of bringing them back, you know they would be shipping that book more than once a month. Maybe not 24 issues in a year, but probably as many as 18. Slott can't do that if he's still on Spider-Man.

Marvel even decreased the amount of Spider-Man issues per year as a favor to Slott, and that was one of the factors in Spider-Man/Deadpool getting started. That was to make up for those missing ASM issues.

The Silver Surfer delays started when Slott began working Clone Conspiracy. I was saying I would like to see him do Ant-Man after Silver Surfer ends, not FF. He likely wouldn't be able to do that book alongside ASM.

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel legacy is literally what DC did with rebirth. like wow.

they are doing the same thing. This is why I am only pulling like 5 books from them because I feel like a lot of stuff is going to change by August.

also guys how is jessica jones atm?

they are doing the same thing. This is why I am only pulling like 5 books from them because I feel like a lot of stuff is going to change by August.

Hey, it's not all the same. There isn't a architect overseeing things, every book is going to be getting a new number instead of just the 2 oldest ones and the books are more expensive.

;P

TheFlow

Banned
Hey, it's not all the same. There isn't a architect overseeing things, every book is going to be getting a new number instead of just the 2 oldest ones and the books are more expensive.

;P

lol wow. I am on board with Marvel legacy when it happens though because it sounds like a more focused Marvel. Too bad they spoil Secret empire.

First arc was pretty good, but haven't started the second one yet.

kmfdmpig

Jessica Jones is great. It recaptures the Alias magic quite well, I think.

TheFlow

Banned
Yea I haven't finished the first arc quite yet but I am ready to dive back into Jessica.

Can someone spoil me and tell me if luke and Jessica worked it or yet?

And yea lord. I think Marvel was trying to damage control the people complauabot nazis.

Just heard on a podcast that this weeks Detective Comics has a minor spoiler for The Button's finale.

Didn't go into detail or anything, just mentioned it because of the delay to the finale issue.

Messi

Yea I haven't finished the first arc quite yet but I am ready to dive back into Jessica.

Can someone spoil me and tell me if luke and Jessica worked it or yet?

And yea lord. I think Marvel was trying to damage control the people complauabot nazis.

There is a resolution to that. Yes.

Read the FCBD Spec Spider-Man story.

It's a good story and I look forward to seeing what Chip can do with the book, but Marvel...just have Peter and MJ get back together already. This shit is embarrassing.

Finished The World of Edena last night. It was excellent. Story got a little weird during the last section, but it was really cool to see Moebius's art get more and more detailed as the story went on. I've always thought his art was impressive, but seeing his work in a long story was just awesome. What an amazing artist.

Really looking forward to the rest of the Library Editions they're putting out for his work. It's a shame there's such long waits between them.

Finished The World of Edena last night. It was excellent. Story got a little weird during the last section, but it was really cool to see Moebius's art get more and more detailed as the story went on. I've always thought his art was impressive, but seeing his work in a long story was just awesome. What an amazing artist.

Really looking forward to the rest of the Library Editions they're putting out for his work. It's a shame there's such long waits between them.

Yeah. He and David Lynch are definitely birds of a feather.

Yeah. He and David Lynch are definitely birds of a feather.

Lol I was reading through it and remembered you saying it. I thought it was straightforward then I got to the last section and went "Oh now I understand."

Book's gorgeous too. Up there with the Hellboy LEs in terms of quality.

I'd love to see Lynch write a comic book.

It would probably be a giant mess.
But oh boy what a mess.

Thinking about his movies Eraserhead actually puts me in mind of a comic with how it plays out. There was actually a part of Morrison's Doom Patrol that reminded me a ton of Eraserhead. I think it was when Cliff looked into the Nickelodeon during that Butterfly arc and it kind of reminded me of the dinner scene from Eraserhead.

Someone on twitter tried to make an argument that if the X-Men Prime artist got fired for his offensive beliefs then Nick Spencer should to.

Edit: Gold, not Prime.

I think there's a difference between an artist trying to sneak in hidden messages that was not apart of the story, or goes against it, and a writer that clearly wants to invoke that message knowing it's all gonna be undone when it's all over.

dan2026

He needs to read my Lemire suggestion first. 😠
c7NJRa2.gif

I haven't read either. But I think I will check both out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom