• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

What is up with the Hickman "Time Runs Out" OHC. I bought it when it first came out thinking Marvel would release more books in the series but it doesnt seem like they are lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Time-Runs-Jonathan-Hickman/dp/0785198091/ref=sr_1_26?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1494262507&sr=1-26&refinements=p_27%3AJonathan+Hickman

616PN2jrYxL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I guess they assumed you would buy the individual Avengers and New Avengers trades before this came out? Im getting the Omnibus when it comes out in a few months but Marvel hasnt announced a Vol. 2 yet.

VanWinkle

What is up with the Hickman "Time Runs Out" OHC. I bought it when it first came out thinking Marvel would release more books in the series but it doesnt seem like they are lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Time-Runs-Jonathan-Hickman/dp/0785198091/ref=sr_1_26?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1494262507&sr=1-26&refinements=p_27%3AJonathan+Hickman

616PN2jrYxL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I guess they assumed you would buy the individual Avengers and New Avengers trades before this came out? Im getting the Omnibus when it comes out in a few months but Marvel hasnt announced a Vol. 2 yet.

I think this was the end of his run, isn't it?

Pretty sure this is the last book in that series, and the individual OHCs for those series precede it

Who are those characters?
I dont think I recognise a single one.

There are quite a few familiar characters there.

Eminem
Moondragon
Destro
Tony Stank
Adam Weird
Nick Slightly-angry
Sheep in the Big City
Calculon
Klaus
John Cena
Dr ManhattanNew Jersey
Ghost (The Dark Horse one)

mreddie

DC to Marvel
7b4626ce5e4d9527805a14658c734bd5.320x135x52.gif

116 Gwenpool 14 $3.99 Marvel 17,972
117 Mighty Captain Marvel 4 $3.99 Marvel 17,893
118 U.S. Avengers 5 $3.99 Marvel 17,880
120 Ultimates 2 6 $3.99 Marvel 17,350
121 Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme 7 $3.99 Marvel 16,887
128 Hawkeye 5 $3.99 Marvel 16,031
139 Nova 5 $3.99 Marvel 14,525
190 Occupy Avengers 6 $3.99 Marvel 10,296
196 Unstoppable Wasp 4 $3.99 Marvel 9,780

Fucking hell Marvel, you are the Roman Reigns of Comic Companies.

Messi

This doesn't include digital sales, does it?

Might as well just save everyone a lot of trouble and cancel them all now. :3

Nope. These charts never show digital. Hence why bombshells constantly looks like a failure. I believe Marvel said at one point Ms Marvel has big digital sales.

BKV also said the Saga sales are twice as big digitally. Which I believe as that shit is always near the top of the comixology charts.

Marvel likes that sweet #1 money. You can cancel after 5 issues and get more sweet #1 money.

Sandfox

DC to Marvel
7b4626ce5e4d9527805a14658c734bd5.320x135x52.gif

116 Gwenpool 14 $3.99 Marvel 17,972
117 Mighty Captain Marvel 4 $3.99 Marvel 17,893
118 U.S. Avengers 5 $3.99 Marvel 17,880
120 Ultimates 2 6 $3.99 Marvel 17,350
121 Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme 7 $3.99 Marvel 16,887
128 Hawkeye 5 $3.99 Marvel 16,031
139 Nova 5 $3.99 Marvel 14,525
190 Occupy Avengers 6 $3.99 Marvel 10,296
196 Unstoppable Wasp 4 $3.99 Marvel 9,780

Fucking hell Marvel, you are the Roman Reigns of Comic Companies.
None of those books should exist.

Sandfox

That is clearly wrong considering Gwenpool is top 5 marvel book.
I'm not taking quality into consideration. Marvel needs to focus on getting their core titles back on track and shrink the number of books they put out a bit. They don't use imprints or double ship, so the number doesn't need to shrink too much though.

dan2026

It feels kind of telling that no matter how much they try and shove Captain Marvel down our throats no writer seems to be able to make her not obnoxious, boring or both.

I'm beginning to think she just works best as a team character.

Gwenpool on the other hand is great.
Marvel should focus on her instead.

Sandfox

It feels kind of telling that no matter how much they try and shove Captain Marvel down our throats no writer seems to be able to make her not obnoxious, boring or both.

I'm beginning to think she just works best as a team character.

Gwenpool on the other hand is great.
Marvel should focus on her instead.
The same thing was true for Supergirl before the Peter David run. I'm expecting Marvel to just let Captain Marvel run with Stohl and in some team book for now though.

Messi

I'm not taking quality into consideration. Marvel needs to focus on getting their core titles back on track and shrink the number of books they put out a bit. They don't use imprints or double ship, so the number doesn't need to shrink too much though.

They are double shipping X-Men blue and gold, Guardians.

Sandfox

They are double shipping X-Men blue and gold, Guardians.
Yeah, but I expect that to end when they return to legacy numbering.
And Spec Spidey maybe? Can't remember. They seem to want to put out more double shipping $3.99 and $4.99 books in the future while people are still open to buy them for that price.

Interested in how well that new $10 Deadpool issue does in actual shops.

Edit: Wow, this "trailer".
Spider-Man isn't double shipping.

Krammy

If you want to read Infinity Gauntlet, make so to read Thanos Quest before. Its fundamental to the plot.

I recommend reading Thanos Quest to see how Thanos gets the gems and then Infinity Gauntlet. The latest book that is named Infinity Gauntlet has nothing to do with the previous stories and is more related to an event that happened two years ago.

More required reading? I'd just say Infinity War, which is the sequel event of Infinity Gauntlet and it's a lot more wacky. If you hear about Infinity Crusade or Infinity Abyss, just skip them. Or not Infinity Abyss, you could probably read that and then Marvel: The End and then the 2003 shortlived Thanos ongoing by Jim Starlin and Keith Giffen then off you go on a whirlwind of cosmic adventure.

Thanks to both of you! I'll definitely look into Thanos Quest before Infinity Gauntlet.

Vic_Viper

Hickman was a mistake.

Are you joking lol? Especially considering how things have been at Marvel since he left...

Personally, I loved his Avengers run. So much so I went back after Secret Wars and read through all of his FF run. While it wasnt as grand as his ideas in Avengers, it was still an awesome run.

My only gripe is that Marvel didnt follow through well enough after Secret Wars ended. It was the perfect setup to do their "Rebirth" and botched the job hard with ANAD instead.

Edit:
I was joking btw.
My bad, didnt see this before my outburst lol.

error4041

I would just have loved to learn what horrible crime Tony Stark commited that everyone talked about in Time Runs Out.

I'm pretty sure it was a combination of being a part of the illuminat and whatever happened during Superior Iron Man

I think there was also a plot point about Stark realizing that there was no stopping the incursions, and still went along destroying other worlds. I haven't read Time Runs out for a long time though, so I could be wrong.

Are you joking lol? Especially considering how things have been at Marvel since he left...

Personally, I loved his Avengers run. So much so I went back after Secret Wars and read through all of his FF run. While it wasnt as grand as his ideas in Avengers, it was still an awesome run.

My only gripe is that Marvel didnt follow through well enough after Secret Wars ended. It was the perfect setup to do their "Rebirth" and botched the job hard with ANAD instead.

Edit: My bad, didnt see this before my outburst lol.
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom