• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am indeed man, although up in Scotland. Unfortunately my commitments make it pretty hard to get away for the weekend right now, I couldn't even get over to Edinburgh for the day a few weeks back to see James Harren. That sounds awesome though, are you thinking about going?

Yeah I get you, sometimes of your life your just busy busy. Where roundabouts in Scotland are you? My sister lives up in Edinburgh so try and visit when I can, great to be up there for a few days, especially at Festival time.

I honestly think thought bubble is best UK con, gets great guests but still has that smaller friendly feel. Helps its only an hour or so away from where I live. Last few years I've managed to see Snyder, Remender, Gillen/McKelvie, North/Henderson, Rosenburg, John Allison and few others there. Mignolia was the big guest last year. With this year them having Brian Vaughan and Gerard Way. I'm usually not that bothered about getting signings and prints and things like that but always manage to get some cool stuff when I go there. Last year, squirrel girl stickers, numbered vision print by Gabriel Walta and John Allison drew a little picture of Esther in my Giant Days book ha.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Dr8b2vx.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.nerdcenaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/I-need-to-find-something-to-fill-my-hole.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah I get you, sometimes of your life your just busy busy. Where roundabouts in Scotland are you? My sister lives up in Edinburgh so try and visit when I can, great to be up there for a few days, especially at Festival time.

I honestly think thought bubble is best UK con, gets great guests but still has that smaller friendly feel. Helps its only an hour or so away from where I live. Last few years I've managed to see Snyder, Remender, Gillen/McKelvie, North/Henderson, Rosenburg, John Allison and few others there. Mignolia was the big guest last year. With this year them having Brian Vaughan and Gerard Way. I'm usually not that bothered about getting signings and prints and things like that but always manage to get some cool stuff when I go there. Last year, squirrel girl stickers, numbered vision print by Gabriel Walta and John Allison drew a little picture of Esther in my Giant Days book ha.

Yea, Edinburgh is a great city to visit, it's a good day out! I'm on the west coast though, in Ayrshire. We're about an hour out from Glasgow. Our festivals are distinctly less nice or sophisticated than the ones you get over in Edinburgh haha that all sounds great though, I would love something like that up here, that is a ton of awesome creators. I remember the Mignola visit actually, another one I would have killed to get to.

Super dumb every time they try and justify Power Girls costume.

It a cool, sexy costume, nuff said.
Nothing wrong with that.

Isn't that what the comic did? I never understand why people take that panel so seriously. Isn't that series suppose to be tongue-in-cheek? It is Palmiotti's style of writing.

Vic_Viper

Have any of the Secret Empire/X-Men books delved into whatever it is the Mutants have been up to since the HydraCap takeover happened? I keep hearing about some sort of Mutant republic, forget what its called, but none of the X Books ive read recently talk about it.

mreddie

Have any of the Secret Empire/X-Men books delved into whatever it is the Mutants have been up to since the HydraCap takeover happened? I keep hearing about some sort of Mutant republic, forget what its called, but none of the X Books ive read recently talk about it.

Blue/Gold will tie in to it and explain it...in 2 months.

Yea, Edinburgh is a great city to visit, it's a good day out! I'm on the west coast though, in Ayrshire. We're about an hour out from Glasgow. Our festivals are distinctly less nice or sophisticated than the ones you get over in Edinburgh haha that all sounds great though, I would love something like that up here, that is a ton of awesome creators. I remember the Mignola visit actually, another one I would have killed to get to.

I bet its nice to live near the coast though, I,m well and truly in suburbia here. Closest got to a coast near me is Blackpool ha.

I'm not the biggest Mignolia fan so kind of used the queues for him last year to take people away from other guests I wanted to see so worked out pretty well. I imagine the queues could be pretty big for Brian Vaughan this year though :(

The best team-up:
tumblr_onjsvrH2Ue1vuj86no1_1280.png

Red Hood and the Outlaws

I've been one of the biggest proponents of this run so far, but these last two issues have kind of lost me a bit. The team still not really doing much together, too much delving into the history of Jason for the 1000th time. Bizarro is still great.

New Super-Man

Somehow I completely missed the fact that this flash was the girl who didn't give up her powers in the Godspeed arc of The Flash. That's actually kind of cool. Book is still great.

Vic_Viper

Question about the current Thor. Just started Aaron's Thor run and I have a couple questions. After Secret Wars, are there currently 3 Thors? And who is who? I know about Jane Foster Thor, but then is Ultimate Thor the Unworthy Thor? If so where is 616 Thor?

Question about the current Thor. Just started Aaron's Thor run and I have a couple questions. After Secret Wars, are there currently 3 Thors? And who is who? I know about Jane Foster Thor, but then is Ultimate Thor the Unworthy Thor? If so where is 616 Thor?

There's Jane, the Odinson (the 616 Thor, having renounced his name) and (spoiler for Unworthy Thor miniseries)
the War Thor (who has Ultimate Mjolnir)
. We don't know the true identity of the third one but most people think that it's
Odin

Vic_Viper

There's Jane, the Odinson (the 616 Thor, having renounced his name) and (spoiler for Unworthy Thor miniseries)
the War Thor (who has Ultimate Mjolnir)
. We don't know the true identity of the third one but most people think that it's
Odin

Which series follows 616 Thor after the pre Secret Wars/Jane Thor God of Thunder series?

Is it easy to tell once I get deeper into the books? Because I have no clue going in.

Are there any events I need to read during the run aside from Original Sin?

dan2026

So I just thought, Reed Richards and family are still off rebuilding the multiverse right?

Why on earth is Marvel not publishing a book about that?
It sounds like way more interesting a premise that half the crap they are publishing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So I just thought, Reed Richards and family are still off rebuilding the multiverse right?

It sounds like way more interesting a premise that half the crap they are publishing.
Because Ike hates the FF

Holy shit

Listen to this podcast posted yesterday about an hour in

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com

I didn't know this but apparently Frank Miller had issues with the way Klaus Jason inked TDK so he would redo inks often. Supposedly Todd McFarlane also inked part of TDK as an assistant?!?

Pretty crazy. Had never heard of this

This is basically all I have wanted since Secret Wars.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They will publish literal toilet paper like 'America', but not something involving the first Marvel Family in a unique and interesting situation.

Makes no sense to me.
This is a company that is run by an idiot that yells at office worker who have Fantastic Four posters on the wall and rips them appart.
Of course it makes no sense, but I am pretty sure the actual people involved with comics want to make more with them, but cant.

dan2026

This is a company that is run by an idiot that yells at office worker who have Fantastic Four posters on the wall and rips them appart.
Of course it makes no sense, but I am pretty sure the actual people involved with comics want to make more with them, but cant.
Wow is there more information on that poster thing?

That sounds insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom