• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constant shots of John Morrison looking down confused that somebody would have him cover up his abs.

Jack Evans and the Darewolf need to show up in some format or another.

Heck, just give us some wink and a nod in the webseries that lets us pretend that Lucha Underground is taking place in the Valiant universe, LU would make so much more sense if it lived in comic-book land.

Heck... AeroStar is a time-traveling Aztec rocket-powered astronaut... maybe he's The Eternal Warrior under that mask!

You can see stuff like that even in Remender's run. Remender is creepily good at writing villain monologues that make some really awful shit sound like reasonable positions.

If you look at that Serpent Solutions pitch early in Spencer's Sam run, that dude is making a lot of sense, and it reads exactly the way someone would defend those positions in the real world. But while it makes logical sense, it's lacking in empathy, and that's why the the story ultimately comes around to beating the shit out of those people.

lol. I was this close to selling my old tpbs+single issues. Glad I didn't. Starman and SMT, two of their best series and they keep fucking up.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/11/third-time-unlucky-sandman-mystery-theatre-collections/

DC Comics has cancelled the upcoming Sandman Mystery Theatre third trade paperback, which would have collected Vertigo's Sandman Mystery Theatre #25-35 by Matt Wagner and Guy Davis, as well as the Sandman crossover one-shot Sandman Midnight Theatre written with Neil Gaiman.

It will not be resolicited.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GUYS I JUST GOT A WISDOM TOO TOOTH PULLED AND I am high as fuck. HAHAHSHSHSHSHS

That stuff was an amazing. And even better thrash tu.e I had it. I'm not even correcting the toys and shit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What if the lack of ANAD Marvel OHCs has something to do with the lackluster sales currently? I mean... That may be the reason, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GUYS I JUST GOT A WISDOM TOO TOOTH PULLED AND I am high as fuck. HAHAHSHSHSHSHS

That stuff was an amazing. And even better thrash tu.e I had it. I'm not even correcting the toys and shit.
Why did they gas you for one tooth? I had two teeth pulled a few months ago and they just numbed the area with an injection.

This week's best sellers on CMX EU:
1. Detective Comics #956
2. Wonder Woman #22
3. Titans #11
4. Action Comics #979
5. All-Star Batman #10
6. Ms. Marvel #18
7. Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol. 3: The Shu-Torun War
8. Civil War II
9. Injustice 2 #5
10. Transformers: Lost Light #5

Why did they gas you for one tooth? I had two teeth pulled a few months ago and they just numbed the area with an injection.

No gas. Propophol. It's a milky white IV drug and it fucking drops you. It is also fantastic. I dreamed of a world of color where little cored orbs were flying all around. It looked like a crayola factory.

shingi70

Banned
You can see stuff like that even in Remender's run. Remender is creepily good at writing villain monologues that make some really awful shit sound like reasonable positions.

If you look at that Serpent Solutions pitch early in Spencer's Sam run, that dude is making a lot of sense, and it reads exactly the way someone would defend those positions in the real world. But while it makes logical sense, it's lacking in empathy, and that's why the the story ultimately comes around to beating the shit out of those people.

But remender doesn't have a history of being a bigot, or defending shit heads like Richard Spencer.

This ending bit from Kim O'Connor on Nick Spencer is brutal

Here's my conclusion from Spencer's own writings as presented by Kim O'Connor in her piece: Nick Spencer, at least in the mind naughts, was a delusional bigot.

To think this was the same guy everyone loved when he was writing Ant-Man and Superior Foes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have pulled out a wisdom tooth last year and my doctor pulled him out so good that he didnt even needed to gas me. I was super annoyed because I expected the worse on the next day and I wasnt certified sick, but I never felt a single stitch.
Really great doctor.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Captain-America-Hail-Hydra-600x925.jpg

Is this a variant for the Hail Hydra arc of the current Cap Run?
Because if yes, they are already taking it out of print...

Edit: Looked it up by myself. Its not.

When does the sale prices start usually when this happens? The BC article says to wait for them to drop.

Where is the best place to shop for them? Just Amazon?

The should start popping up on 3rd party sellers, eBay starting in a couple of weeks. And in a month or so, they should be available at cons or in LCS bargain bins.

Since we're sharing: I had to have my wisdom teeth out asleep as a teenager and stay in the hospital for a few days. I got 2 weeks off school, so good. Although the guy next to me on the ward woke up early after his thing and still had his breathing tube in so of course pulled it straight out while screaming. Maybe not so good.

Yea, there were some interesting glimpses. I want to know more about the Themyscira Earth, the Earth where Captain America Superman is a Nazi, the Cartoon Physics Earth, The Waterworld Earth and the steam-punk and Victorian Earths.

It looks like I got my wish. Multiversity Mastermen was a great!

I wonder if the Hand ties into the Rebirth stuff. (Though I am guessing that is just a coincidence and will be revealed into the two issues I have yet to read.)

These posts are making me want to read multiversity but I haven't read 52 orrrr Final Crisis. Does it stand alone? Pretty sure I saw a thing where Morrison described it as the followup to those, and apparently he had wrote the scripts back then too?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
These posts are making me want to read multiversity but I haven't read 52 orrrr Final Crisis. Does it stand alone? Pretty sure I saw a thing where Morrison described it as the followup to those, and apparently he had wrote the scripts back then too?
Read Final Crisis. I really felt left alone so many times.

I haven't read Final Crisis either. Outside of the first issue, I think it works reasonably well by itself. (Though the final issue might bring back the confusion...)

Final Crisis. If you want to go down the Morrison rabbit hole then that list is bigger.

Mmm okay thanks guys. I need to read more Morrison stuff, it was his bat run starting with Batman & Son that got me into DC at all, but I really just followed the bat family for a long time after that, oppose to following Morrison on to things. It's on the list to go back and get but with so many comics coming out now lol it's tough.

A dc digital sub would be great for me.

tim1138

For maximum impact read Seven Soldiers, Final Crisis, and then Multiversity

Sandfox

The Uncanny Avengers

ALL THINGS LEAD TO SECRET EMPIRE

Also this was a really good issue or whatever. Perfect capstone.

Does he? Because I bailed out of Thunderbolts after three issues because that was boring as fuck.
He does based on interviews at least. He summed up what made Duggan's run and the team good pretty well and said that he plans to keep those aspects going.

Vanish

alright well no more CBR for me. What's the best website out there for comics and comics-related news that won't put spoilers in their headlines like CBR does.

ev0

alright well no more CBR for me. What's the best website out there for comics and comics-related news that won't put spoilers in their headlines like CBR does.

What did they spoil now? I stopped going their months ago because of that (and the shitty redesign). I moved on to Comics Alliance but they are kaput now.

And yes, I really only lurk a lot- but I read the GAF comics thread

How had you not already dropped CBR? Almosy all they do anymore is the same generic lists and stuff that a million other entertainment sites do.

Not only that, but the redesigned the whole site to make it mobile-friendly, and then you can't even read the headlines on a phone.

Vic_Viper

Has Morrison started working in anything recently since Klaus? I really expected him to do some awesome new creator owned work after his Batman runs but it doesn't seem like he's going to. I think I read somewhere he took an Editor position somewhere?

Has Morrison started working in anything recently since Klaus? I really expected him to do some awesome new creator owned work after his Batman runs but it doesn't seem like he's going to. I think I read somewhere he took an Editor position somewhere?
He's the current editor in chief for Heavy Metal, iirc.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He stoped doing superhero books.

And no, his Batman Black & White book is never going to be released at this point anymore

Slott hates us so we're already blacklisted from one creator.
... really?

Ross61

Wonder Woman Earth One Vol. 2

He's still doing Wonder Woman Earth One Book 2 last I checked. Batman Black & White and Multiversity Too are probably dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom