• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

New DC Metal image:

kZ1RXhZ.jpg

VanWinkle

Just great. I'm left in the Starman situation again. Same number of volumes obtained too.

:(

Go the way I did. Not ideal but TRUST ME when I say it's worth it to read the series. I got Starman Omnibus Vol 1 and 2 in paperback. Then I got the trade called Starman: Infernal Devices, which I BELIEVE contains the main Starman issues from the Vol. 3 Omnibus except the Annual which you can get digitally from Comixology. And then Starman Omnibus Vols 4-6 in HC.

I wish there was a better way, but it's THE best long series I've ever read, barring MAYBE Green Lantern by Geoff Johns.

wtf how would a butler start a vacuum in the middle of a conversation his boss is in the middle of????

why do people post before thinking wth

Why would a butler clean a rug with a straw broom that's shedding half its fibers in the process?

why do people post before thinking smh

I think he's brooming under the chair, which looks like it's on wood.
Moving the broom with strenkt towards it, acc to movement line.

All's im saying is that Alfred's old. Damn old. Could be an early sign of dementia.

Ah...fuck that . What a psychopath.

Blood warning

https://twitter.com/mirkand/status/862787285187796994

Someone gave homemade cookies to an artist at a con and there was a needle planted in one.

Jesus. That's some fucked up shit. It doesn't seem like a new thing, though. They always used to warn about things like this when I was a kid, though it was usually in regards to Halloween candy. There are always going to be psychopaths out there.

Messi

What's this Twitter stuff that Mark Waid has gotten himself involved in? Sophie Cambell was tweeting about it but she seems to have no idea what happened and is generally incoherent on Twitter lol

What's this Twitter stuff that Mark Waid has gotten himself involved in? Sophie Cambell was tweeting about it but she seems to have no idea what happened and is generally incoherent on Twitter lol
Mark Waid revealed the real name of one of Bleeding Cool's contributors who has been using a pen name. Considering Mark Waid hates the guy, it wasn't an accident. He essentially doxxed a critic he didn't like.

Mark Waid revealed the real name of one of Bleeding Cool's contributors who has been using a pen name. Considering Mark Waid hates the guy, it wasn't an accident. He essentially doxxed a critic he didn't like.

Ah, Jude Terror? Didn't Mark say he wanted to punch (through) his face?

Sandfox

It's interesting that people are calling Jude Terror a critic that people simply disagree with.

I don't agree with the post Waid made though.

kmfdmpig

That's pretty shitty. I like Waid's work, but he seems like a bit of a douche on Twitter from time to time.

Ah, Jude Terror? Didn't Mark say he wanted to punch (through) his face?
IIRC Mark Waid said he had no idea how David Gabriel didn't punch Jude Terror every day

It's interesting that people are calling Jude Terror a critic that people simply disagree with.

I don't agree with the post Waid made though.
No one ever said he was a *good* critic but that's beside the point.

That's pretty shitty. I like Waid's work, but he seems like a bit of a douche on Twitter from time to time.
He always come off as mostly well intentioned if not misguided but supposedly he's someone who can go off the rails quite a bit

People took what Waid said as a threat, but saying "I don't know how this other person manages to not punch you" is not a threat. That was Jude Terror being Jude Terror and seizing an opportunity to act like he felt threatened, because he's a shit-stirrer.

I feel like BC hired Jude Terror to make Rich look better by comparison.

Messi

People took what Waid said as a threat, but saying "I don't know how this other person manages to not punch you" is not a threat. That was Jude Terror being Jude Terror and seizing an opportunity to act like he felt threatened, because he's a shit-stirrer.

How should we take him outing his real name?

Messi

There's a post by Colleen Doran on Waids Facebook comments about her asking Rich Johnson to remove her name from a malicious rumor about her sexuality , Rich promising to remove it and never doing so. That man is pure scum. My goodness.

skybald

GotG: Mother Entropy #1-2
Super fun book so far. I will see this run out.

Z Nation #2
The writing is boring so far and oddly paced. The art is OK. I feel like they should have made this book with no characters from the show. The main dude is the most boring person to look at in the show and most boring character. The main characters in this book are just as boring. It is a shame because the show is kind of wacky and fun in spurts. Maybe I will stay with this for an issue or two.

Sandfox

Rich actually agreed with Waid on the punching thing and Comicbeat wrote an article about it.
There's a post by Colleen Doran on Waids Facebook comments about her asking Rich Johnson to remove her name from a malicious rumor about her sexuality , Rich promising to remove it and never doing so. That man is pure scum. My goodness.
And Dan Slott tweeted about someone posting on Facebook aboutlosing their job over a because of a BC rumor only to come in after seeing the post persons to see if there was anything they could do after potentially ruining the person's life.

So, getting caught up with Green Lanterns, and... I'm not the only one who read this Frank Laminski/Phantom Lantern guy as being kind of a Trumpian figure, yeah?

Messi

Rich actually agreed with Waid on the punching thing and Comicbeat wrote an article about it.

And Dan Slott tweeted about someone posting on Facebook aboutlosing their job over a because of a BC rumor only to come in after seeing the post persons to see if there was anything they could do after potentially ruining the person's life.

It was Rich offering any help he could . Fucking loooooooooooooöôòooooool

Folks on Twitter are saying that Jude Terror has used his real name online in relation to his comics reporting, so it may not be as clear-cut as maybe I thought. If that's the case, that's not doxxing. Maybe attempted doxxing if Waid thought that's what he was doing.

Sandfox

I really want to read some comics right now, but I need to get some work done before midnight.

It was Rich offering any help he could . Fucking loooooooooooooöôòooooool
Yeah, and a week or so ago Slott revealed that his hated for BC comes from them writing an article that implied he wanted a young fan with Leukemia to die.

Also, RIP your Rockets. Fate worse than death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom