• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanish

What did they spoil now? I stopped going their months ago because of that (and the shitty redesign). I moved on to Comics Alliance but they are kaput now.

And yes, I really only lurk a lot- but I read the GAF comics thread

Some Secret Empire thing. Plus they kinda spoiled the GOTG2 ending on Sunday but thankfully I had seen the movie already.

How had you not already dropped CBR? Almosy all they do anymore is the same generic lists and stuff that a million other entertainment sites do.

Not only that, but the redesigned the whole site to make it mobile-friendly, and then you can't even read the headlines on a phone.

yeah I know, I should've done it a long time ago. I was just being lazy.

dh4niel

It really sucks that they kinda brought Wolverine back so soon after killing him off. I know it's the usual comics M.O. but there's actually no weight to it anymore. Having X-23 as the new Wolverine was fine but having Old Man Logan and soon Ultimate Comics X-Men's Jimmy it's just massive over saturation of the character.

Sandfox

He stoped doing superhero books.

And no, his Batman Black & White book is never going to be released at this point anymore

... really?
Someone posted something here that got some traction and Dan Slott pretty much said that GAF isn't a real news site in a snide way when people brought it up to him. I think his knowledge was only based on twitter and a bit off though.

These days Dan Slott only really gets worked up when Bleedingcool is involved and there is no chance he gets over that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I thought i was already on the list for being a valiant fan and that completely innocent cuckoos suggestion

I like being on the list.

It makes me feel like a sexy outlaw. Like Messi is Big Brother, and I'm part of the resistance, wearing my Daisy Wooton mask and having clandestine meetings in the dark.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The man's high as a kite and you want him watching Eurovision?

Best circumstances, man.
There was a guy yodeling and rocking a giant cannon. Wednesday Harley Quinn and Emma Frost Cosplayer had each a song and Bojack Horseman and A Dothraki performed!

image.gif

image.gif

The preview pages for Mignola's OGN coming in October look great. He and his editors at DH have an fantastic eye for new artists.

http://nerdist.com/mr-higgins-comes-home-is-mike-mignolas-latest-vampire-epic/

Did that already. Just got out of the Power Plant area last night.

Damn, you're waaaay ahead of me then, I just got done guts and moved into the arboretum. Are you going down the alien power route? I just keep upgrading the human abilities. I found enough weapon kits to fully upgrade the shotgun so I've been blasting fools with that.

CazTGG

So i'm just about caught up on Ms. Marvel and I have to say, the Doc.X arc was a step down from the usual. It's certainly enjoyable and has some particularly inspired moments towards the end, but it doesn't hit as hard as the "raising a middle finger to Civil War II" arc that preceded it.

Damn, you're waaaay ahead of me then, I just got done guts and moved into the arboretum. Are you going down the alien power route? I just keep upgrading the human abilities. I found enough weapon kits to fully upgrade the shotgun so I've been blasting fools with that.

I haven't decided. I literally have 129 Neuromods sitting in my inventory waiting for me to decide. I have most of the research done, so It's just a matter of deciding. I keep worrying about negative effects if I go that way.

Savitar

Hmmm what is Stjepan up to, I wonder. First the Harley preview a few days ago that he described as work even though he was at a con. Now this lovely image.

DC please. Let him do the Harleen mini. I'll love you forever and ever. It's all I want from you. If nothing else just collect the DeviantArt strips into an issue or OGN.

That would be so fantastic if he did.

Heh, reminds me once I said he would be great at DC only for Ron Marz to pipe up and say he didn't need to be there or at Marvel. They were doing Witchblade at the time.

I haven't decided. I literally have 129 Neuromods sitting in my inventory waiting for me to decide. I have most of the research done, so It's just a matter of deciding. I keep worrying about negative effects if I go that way.

129, holy shit. I've made a decent haul of them, pretty much getting by just making shotgun shells and Neuromods with the odd med kit once in awhile, manage to scavenge everything else but yea, nowhere near that many haha. I'm not going to do it but what is the trick?

I don't think the penalties are that bad, I think you just have to start hacking turrets etc or they'll shoot you. I suppose there could be narrative implications.

The man's high as a kite and you want him watching Eurovision?

Best time to watch it.

DC are starting a line for YA next year. Announced in the PR for the editor changes. They put out a call to writers and artists on twitter as well.

This is a good panel from the upcoming The Brave and the Mold:

You don't use brooms on rugs, ffs. You vacuum them.
Also either ST weights 0 kilos or that is the hardest sofa seat i've ever seen.

I'm not going to do it but what is the trick?

Take a chunk of any type of material, synthetic, exotic, whatever. Toss it in a recycler but make sure to split it into 4 pieces. So if you put in 10 exotic, make 4 parts of 2.50... then fire it up, and you'll get significantly more out than you put in. Rinse, repeat. You can get shitloads in relatively little time. I had about 60,000 of each type before I stopped and I made waaaaaaaay too much. I'm still on my first blocks of 10,000 for each type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom