• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I really want to read some comics right now, but I need to get some work done before midnight.

Yeah, and a week or so ago Slott revealed that his hated for BC comes from them writing an article that implied he wanted a young fan with Leukemia to die.

Also, RIP your Rockets. Fate worse than death.

Rockets were dead after game 5s crushing OT loss. I'm dead inside.

He does based on interviews at least. He summed up what made Duggan's run and the team good pretty well and said that he plans to keep those aspects going.
Well I'm sticking with "believe it when I see it." Bunn managed to walk the walk after talking the talk, so I am more optimistic, but cautious.

jurgen

Waid has a Twitter again?

Waid needs to avoid all social media. He goes into too much of an Olbermann-esque panic about things. That can't be healthy for someone that's notorious for wanting to publicly burn a bridge or two.

I miss when he told stories about heroes and wasn't reacting to his timeline.

Ah...fuck that . What a psychopath.

Blood warning

https://twitter.com/mirkand/status/862787285187796994

Someone gave homemade cookies to an artist at a con and there was a needle planted in one.
This justifies that big hysteria about people putting razor blades in candy on Halloween
New DC Metal image:

kZ1RXhZ.jpg

Fuuuuuuck man

They made Barry and Hal look cool

How do the Fantastic 4 and X-Men make a living?
The X-Men are funded through their own riches. Angel and Xavier were the biggest ones. The FF probably make money off of Reed's inventions and government funding.

shingi70

Banned
Opinions

Barry > Wally
John Stewart > Jessica > Guy > Hal > Baz > Kyle
Dick > Jason > Damien > Steph Brow > Carrie Kelly > Dumpster Fire > Gambit > Tim Drake
Steph Brown is the best Batgirl
Cyclops was right

Sandfox

Nobody likes Rich. But that recent thing was when it became personal and not the same "you and your website are awful" that everyone feels.
I would say that it was already personal for some.

Opinions

Barry > Wally
John Stewart > Jessica > Guy > Hal > Baz > Kyle
Dick > Jason > Damien > Steph Brow > Carrie Kelly > Dumpster Fire > Gambit > Tim Drake
Steph Brown is the best Batgirl
Cyclops was right
eww

Wanderer5

Speaking of Stephanie Brown, how is her Batgirl series? Bit interested in looking for stuff regarding her.

Been really interested in both her and Cassandra Cain (which I read through the first volume of her Batgirl series) thanks to Detective Comics.

Speaking of Stephanie Brown, how is her Batgirl series? Bit interested in looking for stuff regarding her.

Been really interested in both her and Cassandra Cain (which I read through the first volume of her Batgirl series) thanks to Detective Comics.

Steph Batgirl is great, definitely read it.

jurgen

Bryan Q Miller's run was so under-appreciated. The dynamic of Steph and Damian was second only to Dick & Damian.

G6vH7ZqgxxoYDs2EvLD9KNvm0xGvwTJ_7dLa9JIfbkkE8OQhuZxMOXk1fni2i0LcxF9owo_8HSo1XwwtwhNtE3x8sGzNPJu0AjyAwdHXPvAnROqWnX0

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There's a depressing lack of good comic book channels on Youtube.

You can find interesting channels that do reviews or just other reviews centered around music, movies, video games and pretty much all other forms of media but there's barely any for comic books.

Wish someone would come along that did videos like the ones iFanboy would do.

caliph95

I got bored and went overboard a bit:
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rgkYyf6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ZVANatM.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/X2banU4.jpg[/IMG]

New DC Metal image:

kZ1RXhZ.jpg
Nice. Mongul has really had a surge in appearances recently, huh?

You're in luck. DC are reprinting Steph's book this year if you want to go physical.

There's a depressing amount of good comic book channels on Youtube.

You can find interesting channels that do reviews or just other reviews centered around music, movies, video games and pretty much all other forms of media but there's barely any for comic books.

Wish someone would come along that did videos like the ones iFanboy would do.
I guess Variant is the biggest but in the off random miniscule chance you missed it, i've listened quite a bit to him. Nice production values.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4kjDjhexSVuC8JWk4ZanFw

The batman reborn era was great, that was just about exactly when I got into DC and went back and read Morrison's bat run to that point. Batman & Robin, Batgirl Rising, Batwoman Elegy followed by The Black Mirror, Streets of Gotham. Even Red Robin was decent enough.

arkon

Go the way I did. Not ideal but TRUST ME when I say it's worth it to read the series. I got Starman Omnibus Vol 1 and 2 in paperback. Then I got the trade called Starman: Infernal Devices, which I BELIEVE contains the main Starman issues from the Vol. 3 Omnibus except the Annual which you can get digitally from Comixology. And then Starman Omnibus Vols 4-6 in HC.

I wish there was a better way, but it's THE best long series I've ever read, barring MAYBE Green Lantern by Geoff Johns.

I'll look at my options. I might just go digital with Starman and SMT in the next DC linewide sale on comixology. Probably should have done that from the start but I wanted physical editions of this older DC material for my collection.

The batman reborn era was great, that was just about exactly when I got into DC and went back and read Morrison's bat run to that point. Batman & Robin, Batgirl Rising, Batwoman Elegy followed by The Black Mirror, Streets of Gotham. Even Red Robin was decent enough.

I've been feeling the urge to re-read Morrison's Batman run recently. It was great when I first read it a couple of years ago, but his books always benefit from a re-read.

Maybe I'll be able to understand more than about 10% of Final Crisis this time.

Gonna pick up two trades in an hour, Not sure which yet since they're all so tempting. I'm interested in to many DC comics.

Batman Vol 2
Deathstroke Vol 2
Green arrow Vol 1 below
Flash
Detective
Red hood
Nightwing
Hal Jordan
Green lantern

Gotta pace myself.

I've been feeling the urge to re-read Morrison's Batman run recently. It was great when I first read it a couple of years ago, but his books always benefit from a re-read.

Maybe I'll be able to understand more than about 10% of Final Crisis this time.

Same but I don't actually have any of it </3 I skipped Final Crisis back then, knowing I would probably not even reach your 10% but would like to give all his stuff a shot at some point, really dig in.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Read Dark Night: A True Batman Story.

It okay, nothing really out there. I think some impressions that I read made me think it was going to be something that it wasn't. Repeatedly I heard that it was very emotional and it made people cry, so I was ready to get the tissues out for it but I honestly have no idea what part made people emotional.

Speaking of Grant Morrison's Batman, that also didn't resonate with me too much. Read from Black Glove to Batman and Robin and nothing really stood out as all that great to me.
I guess Variant is the biggest but in the off random miniscule chance you missed it, i've listened quite a bit to him. Nice production values.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4kjDjhexSVuC8JWk4ZanFw

Cool, I'll check them out.

[edit]

I did like Batman and Robin more than the previous ones, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom