• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really can't fault the guy for anything in terms of art quality. He's always been one of the best when it comes to linework. I really wish they let him keep doing those Wonder Woman covers, as they were all brilliant.

I don't think this one made it to being an actual cover, but it's probably my favourite anyway:
13737554_965876910177757_897436155691476028_o-600x773.jpg

I don't think this one made it to being an actual cover, but it's probably my favourite anyway:

I've never seen that one. Beautiful.

Honestly though, he wasn't doing anything wrong with those Wonder Woman covers. It was purely Rucka getting butthurt about unrelated shit that got him kicked off the book.

Avengers #7
Hear me out Noto. I like you. I've ALWAYS liked you, but, and I really need you to pay attention, you aren't Del Mundo. So if we could just fix that.

So this is the first issue of this book I legitimately enjoyed all aspects of through and through. Waid has really stepped up his ga--wait what's that? It was co-written by Waid? Who else? Whitely? Whitely and Waid? Oh. Well that explains it.

From this day forth, I decree that this book shall be co-written by Waid and Whitely.

Old Man Logan #23
And now this arc really advances. I'm confused here, though:
Maureen calls him Jim. He went by Logan though. So why call him Jim? Lemire fucked up or what? Did I misremember something? Or is this intentional?
Damn this book is fire.

Ms. Marvel #18
A very enjoyable issue, especially since we really haven't seen Bruno in a long time. A nice break from Kamala's side of things.

This book is so good

Anyone still reading Wonder Woman? I dropped it 5 or so issues ago and am wondering if it's worth catching up on.

Ms. Marvel #18
A very enjoyable issue, especially since we really haven't seen Bruno in a long time. A nice break from Kamala's side of things.

This book is so good

Ms. Marvel is one of those books I keep dropping to save a few $ and then catch up on when there are a few issues out. Really one of Marvel's best books.

Anyone still reading Wonder Woman? I dropped it 5 or so issues ago and am wondering if it's worth catching up on.

I've stuck with it, but I've kind of struggled. The only real reason I have struggled is because with it now trying to come to an end, they seem to be getting a lot more wordy and usually that's not an issue but with it going back and forth in the timeline it sometimes gets confusing on what one I'm reading.

Not saying I haven't liked it, when I get around to it I like what I read, but it's been hard to get into each time it comes around.

I think I would have dropped it if it wasn't close to coming to an end.

Messi

Wow, love it. I'm in.

Tyrant living that Waifu life.

It was probably Zombeen. He loves buying shit out from under people.

You really can't fault the guy for anything in terms of art quality. He's always been one of the best when it comes to linework. I really wish they let him keep doing those Wonder Woman covers, as they were all brilliant.

I like all his Harley variants very much. I love it as someone who collects Harley variants.

Hahaha. You guys are the worst. Funny, but the worst. You know your cred with the students is going to dive when they see you reading Valiant Zomb, I hope it was worth it.

I couldn't help but read some of King's comments in that interview about making sense of the world today as a bit of a critique or jab on Secret Empire.

Sandfox

Why are Marvel so stupid?

Of course fans are going to want the original costume.
Its a goddamn classic.

Granted I don't even know how Ben Reilly is back.
I thought he was permanent dust at the end of the clone saga.
But hey ho, its comics.
The thing about the classic costume is that it's super 90s and looks weird next to heroes in modern costumes. That obviously doesn't seem to matter to fans though. The problem is that the redesign was meh, because if it was better people might have had a more positive reaction.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The thing about the classic costume is that it's super 90s and looks weird next to heroes in modern costumes. That obviously doesn't seem to matter to fans though. The problem is that the redesign was meh, because if it was better people might have had a more positive reaction.

I didn't really have any sort of problem with the costume, I thought people were just dunking on the stupid-ass smile.

Sandfox

I didn't really have any sort of problem with the costume, I thought people were just dunking on the stupid-ass smile.

People were trashing the entire costume, with the smile getting the most of it. The new costume was basically Bagley's attempt at modernizing the classic one.

Messi

If Marvel announced a core reboot or relaunch. 12 months no changes on creative or events. But largely the same current talent pool maybe shuffled a bit. Would that be enough?

dan2026

If Marvel announced a core reboot or relaunch. 12 months no changes on creative or events. But largely the same current talent pool maybe shuffled a bit. Would that be enough?

No because so many of their books are awful. Or stagnating.
They need new (better) creators.

Sandfox

Ideally we would see some new people brought it, but for a lot of people the issues with Marvel are related to events, the universe being unrecognizable, and the overall direction of the line. If they can strengthen the core stuff people will be more willing to check out the other stuff.

I feel like they would need at least some other talent. I dunno though. I feel like Marvel wouldn't have the patients to let it go that long no matter what.

Ross61

We don't know if he walked off. Could easily be a delay in production ect. Marvel shifts art around all the time.
He said on his Facebook he walked off and is going to focus on more creator owned work. Also said he was offered X-Men Gold and showed some designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom