• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Doesn't the issue start with every non-Quake Hickman Secret Warrior dying to the Wrecking Crew to make room for the Inhuman Secret Warriors?

Likely a fakeout, no way Rosenburg who said he's a fan of the Hickman run does them dirty like that.

There are alread two OHCs for Foster Thor ;)

Ding ding, there's 3 OHCs covering his run so far, and a new one coming at the end if the year. Although it's one Jane Thor and two before that for God Of Thunder I believe

(Beaten while I wrestled with my phone, and Ed provided nice links too)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, the new Secret Warriors series is p cool. Everything with Quake, Miss Marvel and Coulson in it is alright in my book.

I still can't see comic Coulson as Coulson though, Marvel has to give him the Sam Jackson treatment ;_;

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Aaron's Thor run made me a fan of the character. I'm FINALLY caught up on Mighty and got around to reading Unworthy. What a ride.

Same.

I never really cared about Thor outside him on the Avengers movies but all of Jason Aaron's Thor comics are fantastic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That's a shame! Folks are pretty high on Birthright in here, but like you I like creepy books so I'd always had my eye on Nailbiter as something maybe worth checking out.

Birthright is definitely the better of the two.

Nailbiter's tone is closer to scream than a true horror movie and it's not quite as consistent.

No More Cubes.
ciwxvvu5q.jpg

Messi

Sejic said on Facebook that his Suicide Squad issue is a fill in and that he is working on it between aquaman issues. He also said that since he has gotten healthy he is able to complete two pages daily.

Owzers

I own Switch #1, does the switch console make that more valuable?

Did anyone get the Conner Harley superhero figure? Seems great and I might get and return one.

Vic_Viper

Never read the Clone Saga but I want to get the jist before reading Slott's Clone Conspiracy. Is there a good recap video I can watch or summary to read? Is the Real Clone Saga an ok replacement if I want to know the events before Clone Conspiracyy?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Council of Reed ist still a book I think about so often.

Also I am still not sure if Hickman ripped of Rick & Morty or the other way around.

Read the first three issues of Black Hammer. What a fantastic read, feels like this is going to be one of my favourite books. I love that it's a total homage to the different ages, it reads like a love letter from Lemire to DC through and through, but it also has a great mystery of it's own driving the plot and the whole kooky cast is fun and intriguing off the bat. I love that Lemire always places family at the heart of his books too. Ormston and Stewart do a great job of making the farm and the town feel *right*, but have all the flexibility in the world to portray the casts' different pasts and eras. Love it.

I don't get it. Does Marvel really keep launching these books thinking they are gonna be successful? It's pretty obvious they are gonna bomb.

They've basically said a lot of them are intended as minis, but they won't brand them as such because they think people see a mini and immediately wait for the trade.

mreddie

I don't get it. Does Marvel really keep launching these books thinking they are gonna be successful? It's pretty obvious they are gonna bomb.

Before Sandfox comes, it's obvious, there's no direction at fucking all. While this was planned as a mini, it's just a just in case the series bombs or dips in sales.

No one was asking for a another Doc Strange book with his own team. Nor a Solo book, nor a Prowler book.

Before Sandfox comes, it's obvious, there's no direction at fucking all. While this was planned as a mini, it's just a just in case the series bombs or dips in sales.

No one was asking for a another Doc Strange book with his own team. Nor a Solo book, nor a Prowler book.

Three Mercs for Money spin off ongoings. THREE! From a series that wasn't even that successful!

The mind boggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom