• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Damn I knew Dick was going to end up stranded in the Cancerverse but I didn't know Star Lord was lost with him :(

Did they ever explain how Quill got back?

Yea I haven't read much of their issues because I have no care about the original 5. I need to read blue #2 though.
I think Blue is legit good comics. Yeah it's the O5, but it's the O5 with a twist: Jean is a take-charge leader while Cyclops isn't, Beast is a mystic, Iceman is gay, Warren has cosmic powers. They're actively seeking threats instead of waiting. Beast and Scott are competing romantic interests and second-in-commands. They're no longer students. Working with Magneto. Plus that Jimmy Howlett back-up of the first issue...

And even their villains are getting small, fresh twists.

Bunn understands these characters and knows how to write them, and even if you dislike the O5 as a concept, a fresh take on old characters should be enough of a pitch to pull you in.

Plus Bunn has set up so many storylines within the first 3 issues while still be satisfying individually.

Vic_Viper

Damn I knew Dick was going to end up stranded in the Cancerverse but I didn't know Star Lord was lost with him :(

Did they ever explain how Quill got back?

Pretty sure that was covered in the Original Sin crossover issues from Bendis's run on Guardians of the Galaxy. Havent read the issues myself, but im fairly positive thats where it was covered.

Ok serious question. Is Before Watchmen legitimately bad or are people just angry at the idea that DC created spinoffs for profit?

I flipped through one of the books in a store and it looked pretty interesting. The art was nice at least.

Ok serious question. Is Before Watchmen legitimately bad or are people just angry at the idea that DC created spinoffs for profit?

I flipped through one of the books in a store and it looked pretty interesting. The art was nice at least.

Most of it is legit awful. A couple of the stories are decent. I didn't think Silk Spectre was too bad.

I like how one of the giant screens on Hyn'xx in Omega Men has all the Omega Men on there as a wanted poster, and they all have names, except: Doc has no name, Kalista and two others are in an alien language, and Kyle's says "Green Man"

Oh my gosh, and "the Kryptonian Dilemma" is a term for planets whose core have become so unstable that they're dying? Fucking love comics.

I also love how there's no clear hero. Just Kyle caught up in a war. The Omega Men are kind of shitty. I mean, at least three of them really enjoy killing people.

Messi

Most of it is legit awful. A couple of the stories are decent. I didn't think Silk Spectre was too bad.

Dat Amanda Conner. So good they made a statue of her art.

HSC5M4r_d.jpg

Obum2Uu_d.jpg

qTvjt5c_d.jpg

Also to be fair it was her and Cooke...

I liked that mini and these panels

spectre1-1.jpg

JTripper

I really enjoyed the Silk Spectre, Minutemen and Dr. Manhattan stories. Everything else sucks.

I can only speak to Minutemen, but I will answer your question with a question.

Do you think there's any chance that a comic written and drawn by Darwyn Cooke in 2012 is bad?

Messi

I can only speak to Minutemen, but I will answer your question with a question.

Do you think there's any chance that a comic written and drawn by Darwyn Cooke in 2012 is bad?

Twilight children was an odd step but then again I have no idea how sick he was by then :(.

Omega Men was pretty great. It's really just all about "when does it end?" And the answer is, "never."

Fucking dope. I'm intrigued by the "science" of the Omega Lantern, since it isn't white. His constructs change color and his outfit is more grey than anything.

My biggest concern with Injustice 2:

Since they added that MKX-style pre-fight banter, is Superman always a piece of shit when you play as him, matching his story mode portrayal? If that's the case, that's awful, so I hope it isn't.

caliph95

My biggest concern with Injustice 2:

Since they added that MKX-style pre-fight banter, is Superman always a piece of shit when you play as him, matching his story mode portrayal? If that's the case, that's awful, so I hope it isn't.
Pretty much yeah, all the characters match their story mode personalities from what i've seen so expect a lot Superman threatening insurgents and justifying his reign

caliph95

Trying to fit four Robins in five years was sheer lunacy.
They were also stuff like for a lot the stories to happen in the New 52 since it didn't reboot itself it means stuff like Sinestro corps invading Earth and Hal turning to parallax probably happen can't remember if it was made clear or not. In 5 years

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Not getting a job: sucky

Only knowing that I didn't get the job because I have a friend who works there and knows that they never would have contacted me: real sucky

The hunt continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom