• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
My birthday gift this year from my wife, a page from Green Lanterns. :)

I now have three Green Lantern related pages in my collection.

This is great man. A great page and a really good sequence in the book. I kept expecting Humphries to pull out on Jess' anxiety earlier in the plot and just kind of give her an epiphany to smooth things out and instead he really commits to that journey for the whole volume.

Speaking of lanterns, I just finished up Hallboy and the G.L.C. and I honestly thought this was a great book. I liked the writing style, the tone, Sandoval's art was absolutely fantastic. I'm pretty much a GL initiate, it's been so long since I read the Johns stuff I may as well be a first time reader, but I thought this was a really cool introduction to Hal's part of the world. Particular shout out to some of the clever creative designs of the yellow and green lanterns that showed up. I don't know how many are pre established vs new, but stuff like the three headed totem-esque faced guy, really cool. The plot was exciting and well paced, Sinestro felt like a credible threat and the finale sequence was nuts, real edge of the seat stuff. Can't wait to see what the fallout to that ending is.

Only slightly detractor is I don't like Van Sciver's faces much, but his backgrounds are great. In fact, I liked the art split here. Three sides issues by Sandoval , then 2 by EVS, then back to Sandoval for a solid two to finish out.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I buy two of the things I enjoy a lot as people have destroyed my comics on loan before. Absolutely destroyed.

In 3rd grade, I let a friend read through my Goldeneye 007 guide and watched in horror from across the classroom as they tore a page out of it to keep.

I didn't let a friend borrow a book again until I was 22.

Messi

Just saw the Injustice sale at ComiXology... $59.90 USD for all the volumes... Worth?

The first 3 years are great stuff. Harley especially. Fell off after that so I can't help. But the new series has been good so far. The series is overall highly regarded

Luigi87

The first 3 years are great stuff. Harley especially. Fell off after that so I can't help. But the new series has been good so far. The series is overall highly regarded

Alrighty, thanks. I think I may bite. I often like Elseworlds style stuff, and I really like the Injustice universe in particular.

I'm up to date on all my X-Men reading but was wondering if there's an Inhuman book I should be reading? Is Uncanny Inhumans worth reading or relevant enough to the X-Men?
I enjoyed it, but it's not in any way, shape, or form connected to X-Men, save for the IvX tie-in issues. Well, Beast is present for the first arc, but nohing happens that isn't covered in another book.

That said, the only Inhuman story I can think of that's tied to X-Men is Decimation: Son of M. That's from the early-mid-00's. And I suppose anything dealing with the Illuminati, since that has Black Bolt and either Xavier or Beast, depending on the run.

Sandfox

Secret Empire #2 Spoilers:
Apparently there's a second Steve Rogers running around.

Only a single page was leaked, so there's no context until the issue is properly released tomorrow.

RIght now my guess is
that it takes place in his mind, but I need to read the issue first.

MG310

Only a single page was leaked, so there's no context until the issue is properly released tomorrow.

Pretty sure Grand Director/William Burnside/Captain America of the 1950's is still out there.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

uSDt6Id.jpg

Messi

Here's my prediction for a couple of months from now. Fantastic 4 return with original numbering and Bendis is the writer. Book it. The seeds are there right now.

Here's my prediction for a couple of months from now. Fantastic 4 return with original numbering and Bendis is the writer. Book it. The seeds are there right now.

Original numbering after the #1, because Marvel will never pass up a chance to put out a fucking #1.

Vic_Viper

Where can I find the leaked page from Secret Empire #2? Cant seem to find it on the usual sites accept the article on BC that doesnt have the image.

B-Dex

I'm really digging Blue Beetle in Injustice 2. Should I pick up the trade of rebirth that just dropped?

I've bought way too many comics this past week. 💩

VeeP

C_-8pr_V0AAjpIE.jpg

Damn. Batman tomorrow is going to be SOOOO good.

And that picture in the background, is that the picture that was taken in Snyder's first New52 Batman issue?

Fake edit:

Was definitely from previous issues. I love how this book references everything.

b9f60863ce39a1b898e79a56df3cc5c7.jpg

Batman-and-Robin-10-family-portrait.jpg

The lightbulb went off over the head of someone at Marvel when they read about the
three Jokers thing, huh? By the end of Secret Empire we'll have 2 Caps, 6 Deadpools and 8 Captain Marvels.

How
many Iron Man's though? What about Thors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom