• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel adding an extra issue to an event comic? NEVER!

Only thing left is delays and saying the stakes have never been higher and the ending will change Marvel forever.

Edit:
”[Writer] Nick [Spencer] has constructed each issue of SECRET EMPIRE so that it ends with a climactic twist or a big reveal or a shocking development, and issue #9 is no exception," said SVP & Executive Editor, Tom Brevoort. ”So moving into the finale, with issue #10, the heroes across the Marvel Universe will be pushed to the breaking point as we race to the exhilarating climax we've been planning for months. Oh, and let me say again: we're not going to use the Cosmic Cube to simply reverse everything away—the stakes matter, maybe more than they ever have before."
Ha. Also, this will mean Marvel will triple ship the book in August.

That honestly all sounds cool, I'm down for specific run times that leave you with a really nice run on the shelf and a complete story. The only thing I've noticed that I'm not a big fan of is all their trades are 4 issues? And apparently X-O 2017 will be 3 a piece? That is a liiiittle rough haha because the prices aren't that different.

yeah, I don't stand behind their trades too much because it's a mixed bag. Sometimes you get a vol 1 with 5 issues for $10, but a vol 2 with 4 issues for $15. It varies pretty wildly. However, it looks like the new X-O Manowar TPBs are all going to be $10.

Their hardcovers are a much better value, as it's the same price as buying three trades, but in a nice bound hardback.

VanWinkle

The Button was good. I enjoyed it. But man, it feels like it could have been told in a couple of issues at most. I mean, the third issue was only one scene. Not really much happened.

tim1138

The Button was good. I enjoyed it. But man, it feels like it could have been told in a couple of issues at most. I mean, the third issue was only one scene. Not really much happened.

Other than
Doc Manhattan using Thomas Wayne to make Bruce doubt his mission and potentially take Batman off the board
. I'd say that was pretty significant in issue 3... ;D

I feel relatively the same, but I feel like the third issue is completely worth it for the progression of panels where
Reverse Flash starts catching up to them.
That was just way too damn cool.

Truly what the people were asking for were more Nick Spencer Secret Empire issues.

I hope it's selling at like 35k by the end

Let Nick Spencer do one good thing and end marvel event comics by putting out the worst one yet

ElNarez

Banned
Generation X opens on a Chamber scene, there's Broo on page 3 and Rockslide page 4, and, of course, I'll pick up what you're putting down and all that, but boy the art is a mess and it's kinda going nowhere.

Sandfox

Mine was a spectacle.

Anyone read Generation X #1? Worth a buy?

I would say it's average. The way the artist draws Jubilee is pretty distracting though and the issue spends more time on introducing the characters than really getting into the plot.

Truly what the people were asking for were more Nick Spencer Secret Empire issues.

I hope it's selling at like 35k by the end

Let Nick Spencer do one good thing and end marvel event comics by putting out the worst one yet
It would be pretty hard to top certain events in that regard.

VanWinkle

Other than
Doc Manhattan using Thomas Wayne to make Bruce doubt his mission and potentially take Batman off the board
. I'd say that was pretty significant in issue 3... ;D

Haha. Interesting theory. I could see that.

I feel relatively the same, but I feel like the third issue is completely worth it for the progression of panels where
Reverse Flash starts catching up to them.
That was just way too damn cool.

Yeah. Man, Fabok is just too good of an artist.

If nothing else, the art was great all around. (I mean, again, don't get me wrong, the story was cool; it was just small and kind of inconsequential.) I will probably pick up the deluxe edition just to have it next to the Rebirth deluxe.

Comics to pic up today:
Teen Titans
Titans - I think its the first of the crossover?
Red Hood
Uncanny Avengers
She-Hulk- Not actually sure if that's out yet

Oh god. Marvel added another issue to Secret Empire so that the suffering may be drawn out further.

secret-empire-10.jpg

Jesus Christ, only these idiots would Classify a fucking logo on a shitty book.

Cool Hydra Cap suit tho.

Owzers

This last resident evil movie is trash tier :/

Also finished birthright vol 2 on cmxu, I enjoyed reading it but am glad I skipped buying the trade, doesn't seem like it pushed things enough.

I agree with the sentiment that The Button storyline could've been told with less issues. I think I would've preferred a DC Rebirth #2 one shot with 3 or 4 chapters to tell this story. Overall, I enjoyed the story, though although I don't quite know what to make of the ending.

Owzers

Really? Like mindless entertainment tier, or why does this exist tier?
I liked the first one, kinda liked the second, then the wasteland vegas one was deemed bad, the next one was kinda okay, and there's one that I think I forgot. This one skipped over the thing I wanted to see,
remember the ending to the last movie, a giant battle coming to dc? They skip past it in this movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's been pissing down all day here. Can we swap?
Its goint to piss here going forward from tomorrow... so I am fine.

:p

Its just that I just realized that Gaming may be done for the next three months and thats a bit :/

Edit: Man, it really looks like Trump is as good as done. Its getting better and better with every hour lol.
Every Empire falls indeed.

dh4niel

Just finished Secret Empire #2.
Black Widow
taking up the role of bad ass leader suits
her
well. Glad to see at least one character that's sick of all the bullshit recently.

Also, does it mean I have to read
Avenger's: Stand-off?

I'm spoiler tagging just in case.

Sandfox

Just finished Secret Empire #2.
Black Widow
taking up the role of bad ass leader suits
her
well. Glad to see at least one character that's sick of all the bullshit recently.

Also, does it mean I have to read
Avenger's: Stand-off?

I'm spoiler tagging just in case.

Everything you need to know about that right now was explained in the issue. It's a good Captain America story for his anniversary though if you did want to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom