• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you guys picked up Grrl Scouts #1. I gotta probably wait till this weekend to get mine. Seriously, don't sleep on it.
VApi5Tc.jpg
I say goddamn.
THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

The Wild Storm #4: The arc finally gets to breath a little. This series is going to read so well in trades. I really don't know how Ells and Davis-Hunt are pulling off this pacing. The panel to panel storytelling feels rather decompressed -
action scenes or the characters just talking while consuming alcohol (becoming somewhat of a theme) to the three page reveal of the space station (our first 2-page spread and it is definitely effective).
. But once the issue is done, it feels like so much has happened in it. Davis-Hunt continues to be bloody brilliant and Buccellato is doing such a great job with the colours. (
Those panels with the sunset over the water looked awesome.
)
I also loved
the tone for Bendix. Once he relaxed inside the room, I almost thought we were going to get an Iron Man 3 Mandarin style twist...

I hope Invisible Republic gets a hardcover, but I secretly know it won't

How far have you got with the book man? I'm at the end of vol 2, kind of not sure where I'm at with it. Really was into vol 1 while they were on the hunt and great ending, but book 2 felt a little too stationary and settled in the formula. Still a good book but I'm not sure. I know there's a break after vol 3 anyway so I'll probably pick it up but just interested in how other folks are getting on with it.

Spider pls. It's spotlighted on the first page of this topic.

Super underrated book. Love it.

Yes!

How far have you got with the book man? I'm at the end of vol 2, kind of not sure where I'm at with it. Really was into vol 1 while they were on the hunt and great ending, but book 2 felt a little too stationary and settled in the formula. Still a good book but I'm not sure. I know there's a break after vol 3 anyway so I'll probably pick it up but just interested in how other folks are getting on with it.

Can't say, I loved volume 2. I haven't finished volume 3 yet.

Malyse

Luke Cage was so good.
Dropping Nick Fury.
I dislike the art in Generation X and it's throwing me off.
I'm all in on Royals.
Secret Empire - T___T
Dropping Monsters Unleashed.
Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers is gorgeous.
Also, they made a joke about Chunners thighs.
I just I'll have to get Deathstroke since I liked Titans and Teen Titans.

I don't like SE events in general because they fuck with everyone's continuity. Like, the event has everyone in it (like Ironheart and Luke Cage) and neither one of their comics is dealing with it. Plus
Jessica Jones and Luke are talking which is odd because Luke is super pissed at her in her ongoing.
I dunno. I'm liking the DC approach of crossing into each others' comic more, simply because it forces the event to happen that much faster.

TheFlow

Banned
I feel like DC is doing more than one shots to jk or Kirby. The Kamandi challenge, bug, and others are Kirby related things

Wait, Arrow season 5 main antagonist is
Prometheus? Dammit, I have to watch it now.
- Related comic spoiler -
Does he appear a lot in the comics? I know he was in Morrison's JLA ( I really enjoyed that arc). And in Midnighter. Any other major appearances?

Wait, Arrow season 5 main antagonist is
Prometheus? Dammit, I have to watch it now.
- Related comic spoiler -
Does he appear a lot in the comics? I know he was in Morrison's JLA ( I really enjoyed that arc). And in Midnighter. Any other major appearances?

He's named Prometheus, but that's where the relationship to the comics character ends.

Honestly for the best. Comics Prometheus has exactly 2 decent appearances and you've already read both of them. Arrow Prometheus is a way better villain.

So if anyone will discuss this with me, regarding Taskmaster's actions in Deadpool vs. Punisher 3:

My friends are both saying that Taskmaster was fucked up//brutal there, but I feel like, while villainous, what he did was more morally grey than black. While Marianna wanted to give Hudson a life away from the criminals and such, she also stole the backup numbers, too, which makes me think her motivations weren't exactly pure either. She -had- to know that taking those numbers would attract a ton of heat, endangering her kid.

When Taskmaster finds out his money - billions of dollars - not to mention many other organizations' are in this kid's head, and not in a computer like he thought, he wants to borrow the kid. He mentions giving him back, but naturally, the mother, Marianna, isn't a fan of the idea, and opens fire. Taskmaster, annoys, beheads her with his shield throw.

While it was a brutal decision, I don't feel Marianna was as innocent as claimed here. She seemed -really- invested in the codes that Hudson had, and while Task's brutal dispatching of her was definitely cold, he did give her a chance to stand down and she shot at him.

I just realized. Cap's shield shouldn't bounce at all, since its whole thing is that it absorbs all vibrations and force. Without vibrations, it should just thud limply into targets, lol.

I mean, hardly the biggest realism sin of comics, but it made me laugh.

TheFlow

Banned
I just realized. Cap's shield shouldn't bounce at all, since its whole thing is that it absorbs all vibrations and force. Without vibrations, it should just thud limply into targets, lol.

I mean, hardly the biggest realism sin of comics, but it made me laugh.

this is a good point. but I bet there is a geek somewhere who has a argument against you

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The best thing is, when you have a bunch of comic book and dream (!) a live action movie of it.
Never had something like this before and it was the perfect movie

Thank you brain!

mreddie

Only picked up Luke Cage and Royals

Good start to Cage, I wanted this Cage since PM/IF, weird that Jessica will be out of the picture

Royals, man, Ewing went deep like always.

Is Nick Fury any good or do I wait til the trade which will likely be the only thing we get from it?

Maybe I'm just not in the right headspace but The Flash vol 1, three issues in is just boring me to tears. Endless endless thought boxes of self referential life reflection. The art is nice and different but I think it's the colours I like more specifically. First time in awhile I put a trade down and moved onto something else. Maybe Williamson's style just doesn't gel with me.

It doesn't get better. Just skip straight to the Button crossover.

Sandfox

I just read the two latest issues of Daredevil and I really liked the ending to this arc explaining how Matt got his secret identity back.

I love how
the Purple Man had every era of Daredevil fighting over what's the worst possible thing Matt could ever do while he's in actuality controlling him. At first he takes Matt to go kill his girlfriend, but Matt has already been through that before and convincing the Purple Man he needs to go bigger. The answer they give and the explanation provided for it was really good.

Is The Button a one Shot?
It's a four part Flash and Batman crossover in their ongoings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom