• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
GameInformer posted a Video with the best Injustice 2 finisher... Holy Moly, there are some great ones :D I love how Hal Jordon builds a Mech with the ring :D

GameInformer posted a Video with the best Injustice 2 finisher... Holy Moly, there are some great ones :D I love how Hal Jordon builds a Mech with the ring :D

I said I wasn't going to buy it until after I'd finished Persona 5.

Mission failed.

--

Four issues into Afterlife With Archie. This book is right up my alley. I love the dark sense of humour and Francavilla's art is the perfect fit for a book like this. Jughead being even more
hungry as a zombie
is hilarious.

Man, #4 took it to another level.
First, Archie has to watch his dog die and then he has to kill his dad.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, the Flash Movie news... they should cancel this movie, make Flash the Black Widow of the DCEU und out the funding in a positive and joyful Shazam movie

CazTGG

You know, the Champions are said to be one of the few groups currently opposing in Secret Empire and play a major role so it would make some sense for Miles to be the one to knock out Cap given the Civil War II setup...even if it should be Kamala given her previous disillusionment with Ms. Marvel during her Civil War II arc.

Man, the Flash Movie news... they should cancel this movie, make Flash the Black Widow of the DCEU und out the funding in a positive and joyful Shazam movie

Yeah I'm not sure how long they can keep delaying it. Maybe they can start from scratch later or something. Maybe a joyful Black Adam movie....

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah I'm not sure how long they can keep delaying it. Maybe they can start from scratch later or something. Maybe a joyful Black Adam movie....
I have only read Monster Society of Evil and the Multiversity Issue with the Shazam family, but I really felt in love with Shamaz because I loved how positive and lovely it was.
I am super afraid that they Zack Snyder it

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Mighty Thor #19

That, uh, kinda bad?

The whole battle is just 11 pages and then it just abruptly ends, there's a small time skip where the art changes, it randomly changes back for about 2 pages, and then the rest is this other artist.

There's no way Jason Aaron actually wanted to end the arc in such a whimper, right?

Maybe I'm just not in the right headspace but The Flash vol 1, three issues in is just boring me to tears. Endless endless thought boxes of self referential life reflection. The art is nice and different but I think it's the colours I like more specifically. First time in awhile I put a trade down and moved onto something else. Maybe Williamson's style just doesn't gel with me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really hate how DC holds Shazam hostage. He needs to be more prominent. And a own solo.
And I want classic Carlton Comics Reprints.

Einchy

What's up with Marvel and hiring Salvador Larroca to do the art for so many Star Wars comics? The dude is terrible.

Also, why do they pair him up with Edgar Delgado? That terrible art + the terrible coloring really ruin possible good books.

smisk

What's up with Marvel and hiring Salvador Larroca to do the art for so many Star Wars comics? The dude is terrible.

Also, why do they pair him up with Edgar Delgado? That terrible art + the terrible coloring really ruin possible good books.

What is he on now? I don't think he's a terrible artist but he makes it completely obvious when he traces something straight from the film, and relies on that way too much. Then when he has a scene where he can't trace a character it really stands out.

Edit: Fuck, just saw he's doing part of the Screaming Citadel arc at least. I've really been liking the art on Darth Maul, get that guy for more stuff. Or Pepe Larraz. He was great on Kanan.

Einchy

What is he on now? I don't think he's a terrible artist but he makes it completely obvious when he traces something straight from the film, and relies on that way too much. Then when he has a scene where he can't trace a character it really stands out.

They got him on the new Star Wars issue.

Also, I'm not sure whose fault this is, but the last issue had a whole thing about Luke dressing up all fancy for a dinner and in this issue, he is wearing the yellow jacket he always wears.

I'm just going to assume it's Salvador Larroca's fault.

[edit]

And yeah, the tracing is one of the reasons I hate his art so much.

[edit]

My favorite artist they've used for the Star Wars stuff is Staurt Immonen.
STWARS2015009_int2_3.jpg

Just look at how gorgeous that is! He was also able to draw Luke, Han and Leia and still make them look just like they did in the movies, which some artists have issue with.

VanWinkle

I really hate how DC holds Shazam hostage. He needs to be more prominent. And a own solo.
And I want classic Carlton Comics Reprints.

Good timing with that post. I JUST finished reading this:

LASGg6.jpg

Whatsinaname inspired me to re-read this book and I'm loving it even more this time.

My favorite artist they've used for the Star Wars stuff is Staurt Immonen.

Just look at how gorgeous that is! He was also able to draw Luke, Han and Leia and still make them look just like they did in the movies, which some artists have issue with.
Yeah, it's no coincidence that was my favourite Star Wars arc. They need to get him back on another SW book.

mjc

So what are the odds that we hear something about a DC streaming service like Marvel Unlimited sometime soon?

Reread Arcudi's final vol of BPRD Hell On Earth to make myself feel better after The Flash. Really great, satisfying book. Unflinching in dealing out it's consequences and endings but despite all odds and expectations, it manages to end on a somewhat hopeful note, rather than a depressing one. Can't say if it's the best run I've ever read but it's right up there with Mignola's HB vying for top three.

Damn, the reveal in The Only Living Boy #3 - #6 hits hard. The second volume still felt a bit aimless but the end of it and volume 3 really tied everything together. I need v4 now.

Started on Spider-Gwen OHC v1. A couple of issues in and I am not really enjoying this. Maybe because it isn't in the main universe? I don't know if I have patience the till she makes that jump. It just feels like a depressing read.

Also started reading Gene Luen Yang's Superman v1. Issue 1 didn't really grab me. Will revisit over the weekend.

Reread Arcudi's final vol of BPRD Hell On Earth to make myself feel better after The Flash. Really great, satisfying book. Unflinching in dealing out it's consequences and endings but despite all odds and expectations, it manages to end on a somewhat hopeful note, rather than a depressing one. Can't say if it's the best run I've ever read but it's right up there with Mignola's HB vying for top three.
I feel you. My top three is like, Morrison Doom Patrol, Hellboy, and BPRD. Hard to pick one!

I feel you. My top three is like, Morrison Doom Patrol, Hellboy, and BPRD. Hard to pick one!

Haha right? Like it's obviously no diss, once you've got your top 5 or 3 or whatever, you're talking the best of the best anyway but how do you ever begin to push one over the other haha? I just find it amazing that a spinoff managed to take such a life of it's own, it rivals the main property. Really gotta read Doom Patrol >_<

I hate Fairyland OHC is coming

Of course it is. I just assume any decent Image book is going to get one.

There are a lot of really cool ones. So far I think Flash and Darkseid are my favorites.

Immonen is fucking amazing. Comparing Larroca to him is like comparing an ant to the sun.

Real talk.

Tom King really knows how to do one-shots

He was in the CIA, you know.

Messi

Of course it is. I just assume any decent Image book is going to get one.

There are a lot of really cool ones. So far I think Flash and Darkseid are my favorites.

Real talk.

He was in the CIA, you know.

What if I told you the cover will be pink faux leather?

Also not every great image book gets hardcovers. Like Rumble :(

What if I told you the cover will be pink faux leather?

Also not every great image book gets hardcovers. Like Rumble :(

I think Arcudi commented on that awhile back, he said he really wanted to do one but it would have to be after vol 3 given that's a complete chunk of the book. I think this was around the end of vol 2 though so who knows now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom