• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero Year was better than Death of the Family

Mmm, I think Zero Year was a bit too big for itself, I like that Death Of The Family is just the one vol. (although I guess the second part comes later). Like I said though, it's all a matter of degrees at a certain point, imo none of the new 52 stuff is worse than pretty good.

oh god, I might tough out the last few issues of the Simon run if Seeley is taking over after that

Hellblazer has been a messy comic I can't get away from, but man it would be nice to have a good John Constantine book
Seeley tweeted a bit in the last hour about it(and posted a photo they used as a reference for the cover). Also there's apparently a Revival movie on the way???

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Zero Year lost me a bit because of the length and it's tonal shift in not only the story but the coloring. I guess he wanted to make everything a bit less serious and more "fun" for lack of better words but it didn't really work for me. I like my Batman as edgelord as possible.

While stuff like this is really beautifully colored.
DA8DL5V.jpg

I prefer this greyscale tone more when it comes to Batman.
zuXQIvb.jpg

[edit[

What happened to FCO, anyway? He vanished.

List for this week:
Wonder Woman #23
Mother Panic #7
Deadly Class #28
One More Year also apparently comes out this week and I reeeaally want that

Might get the Weavers trade too. Also thinking of getting Scarlet Spider #2 but the first issue was... Not very good. The preview for this one was pretty meh too.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I like how the head is the only thing that animates there.

[edit]

I wonder how much Imax is regretting this whole thing.

Wanderer5

Well I decided. Had a couple old Barnes and Noble gift cards ready, applied the 30% off coupon I got, and blam getting Peter Parker artfx+ later this week. Looking awesome and won't be a big figure to handle either. Plus that base is freaking sick too.

Now to not be tempted by the rest of this line!:p

I'm about halfway through Batman and Robin Eternal vol. 2 and I'm just reading it to see the series through its end at this point. Mostly bland comics with the occasional bright spot here and there. Vol 2 takes a big hit in the art department compared to vol. 1, like there's a good issue with Marcio Takara and some good Paul Pelletier stuff, and most of the rest is average at best
Merino is a weird choice. Same with Philip Tan on that short stint he did
It's 100% serious. Valiant is for deviants and pop punk fans.
This is a personal attack

shingi70

Banned
List Time

Action Comics #980
Batgirl #11
Detective Comics #957
Justice League of America #7
Suicide Squad #18
Wonder Woman #23
Rapture #1
XO- Manowar #3

HAHA!

Just found out that my detolf ain't gonna fit my Spidey 2099 statue.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Of course it won't. The high-end stuff is huge. Your only hope is to remove a bottom shelf and put it down there. But that won't work either if the statue is too deep. Those things have weight to them, so I wouldn't trust a glass shelf with it anyway. I think the limit on those is 20 lbs. but that still seems like pushing it to me.

Zero Year was better than Death of the Family

And it's not even CLOSE. Zero Year was like instant classic material. Best in class origin story for Batman, which is a super fucking crowded category.

I've just read the first volume of Batman Eternal and Zero Year (the entire thing) and I'm in love with both.

Batman Eternal was fun, but a little twist-happy. I think there must've been more than 6 "and now, the REAL villain is revealed!" twists, and that's discounting the obvious headfakes.

I can't believe you hooligans like Zero Year more than A Death of the Family.

Zero Year modernized and reconstructed the origin story in a way that works on just so many levels, and told a really great story to boot.

Death of the Family was Saw: Batman's In This One.

Dusknoir

Just read Sheriff of Babylon #6-12. Got these issues from FCBD for a dollar each. It was great but then it just ends out. It felt like issue 12 was supposed to be the epilogue but instead to leads towards the second season. Still great series overall.

Also watched the last season Samurai Jack. The pacing was so bad it almost killed it for me. I wish it was twice as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom