• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Multiverse and Metal interview.

I love the Multiverse that's been set-up by Grant in Multiversity. You know, the 52 universes as established in 52, and then through Multiversity itself and Final Crisis - the entire cosmology of it.

But what I want is, after a tough year, for you to be able to go in there and say, "I want to have a story that, yeah, is about something, but essentially is robots and dinosaurs and, like, out-of-controls gladiator death-pit fun with these characters, that takes you from the Source Wall beyond."

I know the answer to "Three Jokers," Wonder Woman's brother, and Dr. Manhattan 100% .I've sat through, with him and me, those story meetings up and down. So there's nothing coming from him in any way over the next two years that I'm not aware of. And similarly for me, he knows every single beat of every single issue in Metal.

And then he knows what I plan to do afterwards for DC too.

"I want to have a story that, yeah, is about something, but essentially is robots and dinosaurs and, like, out-of-controls gladiator death-pit fun with these characters, that takes you from the Source Wall beyond."

That is a rather specific thing to want someone to ask for.

I'm Robin, old man... Batman's better half. Here I am thinking I'll drop my DC books. Then I catch up on Wildstorm, Superman, Super Sons and Batwoman, and they're all a ton of fun!

Also fun is watching AoA on Netflix. It's a quality bad movie!
Which happens to be hilarious while high.

List!

Rat Queens 3
Jean Grey 2
I Am Groot 1
Moon Girl 19
X-Men Blue 4
Your Black Friend one shot

dh4niel

Has anyone had any experience buying through Amazon's Global Store? I placed an order for the X-Men Onslaught Omnibus from Amazon US and 5 days later it's not even preparing for dispatch.

Wanderer5

I should probably give Comixology unlimited a round, least the trial month, cause there is least a good amount of spidey stories that might be interesting for me.

Do stuff cycle in and out of this selection?

I should probably give Comixology unlimited a round, least the trial month, cause there is least a good amount of spidey stories that might be interesting for me.

Do stuff cycle in and out of this selection?
Not sure if they rotate stuff. I've had a few CU books since it started that haven't gone away like Love and Rockets.

It's gotten a lot better since it launched either way. They just put up all of some Image books for free like The Fade Out and Velvet. Their Marvel catalog is no Marvel Unlimited but it's pretty ok. Some first issues of some newer stuff like Iron Fist are up through it now. I was actually going to start Jason Aaron's Thor because of it.

Edit: they send some coupons through it too iirc

Wanderer5

Not sure if they rotate stuff. I've had a few CU books since it started that haven't gone away like Love and Rockets.

It's gotten a lot better since it launched either way. They just put up all of some Image books for free like The Fade Out and Velvet. Their Marvel catalog is no Marvel Unlimited but it's pretty ok. Some first issues of some newer stuff like Iron Fist are up through it now. I was actually going to start Jason Aaron's Thor because of it.

Edit: they send some coupons through it too iirc

Ah okay, well I am just going to try trial month for now and see what is there that I could possibly find alongside reading some of the earlier spider-man stuff.

Just feeling in the Spider-Man mood more than usual, probably cause Homecoming is coming in heh, and I don't think I read so much of earlier Spider-Man stories despite the dude being my entry to Marvel.

Oh man, that's amazing.

Edit: DC SOLICITS TIME!

Rob Williams on Action Comics!!!

The Astro City cover!

L2El3iq.png

Wild Storm on a break. We knew about it but still :(.

The Astro City cover!

Wild Storm on a break. We knew about it but still :(.

Ellis mentioned the book in his newsletter btw:
Full Speed Life proceeds, and my whiteboard is filling up again. I'm still hammering through the last of CASTLEVANIA, and I have to deliver the next six issues of THE WILD STORM in about three weeks, so these newsletter may be a bit thin for the next little while. Stick with me.

That's the third set of 6 issues IIRC.

I'm hoping they get to do an OGN or something later. They've teased that they still have some plans for the group.

They said pretty solidly the book would be back, and this wasn't the end. I have a feeling the book could be a flagship title for the young adult line they have planned, be that OGNs like you mention or whatever.

No way I'm paying $5 for Metal or any other standard sized comic. Will get the trade instead.

Edit: OMG, one of the Kirby one shots is a Manhunter story written by DiDio and Giffen and drawn by Nick freaking Bradshaw!

Sandfox

No way I'm paying $5 for Metal or any other standard sized comic. Will get the trade instead.

Edit: OMG, one of the Kirby one shots is a Manhunter story written by DiDio and Giffen and drawn by Nick freaking Bradshaw!
Yeah, that's really weird. Metal has the same amount of pages as their regular books, but they upped the price.

Also, there are some double shipping books that randomly have price raises which most having more pages.

Don't think it counts as a Rebirth title. It's 32 pages with Capullo art for 4.99$. Monthly so it'll probably be 2.99$ on CMX.
Why would it be $2 cheaper digitally?

Sandfox

I saw a guess that Robbie Thompson will be writing Runaways because he liked some tweets related to the teaser. Every book he has written since ANAD has been good so that would be cool with me.

mreddie

I saw a guess that Robbie Thompson will be writing Runaways because he liked some tweets related to the teaser. I like his work so that would be cool with me.

CSI Sandfox

Robbie I think will be a good writer on this, Silk was a good ride will Tana Ford ruined the art. I dunno about his Strange team book since I had no interest in it.

Re the DC solicits

I'm intrigued by the Superman and
yellow lantern
stuff

Willing to look at previews for Dark Knights: Metal #1, and Mister Miracle #1

Curious about the Kirby -inspired stuff coming out, specifically the New Gods and Darkseid specials. Been meaning forever to dig into Kirby. New Gods seem to draw my afternoon the most.

Mmm I didn't spot it did that annual with Etrigan pop up that Rob William's was tweeting about? He's definitely my fav Kirby dude but I'll admit to being quite ignorant to the new gods, outside of what was in Azz's WW run. Hoping to change that thing year though, and DC providing plenty of opportunities.

Ross61

Either Rob Williams is doing short stints on Trinity and Action or he's taking them over. I'm hoping for the latter, but seeing as how they were no article mention like there was for Seeley I'm guessing the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom