• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

WWE is a carny fucking company but...you already knew that.

alberto-del-o.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
Zack Snyder at least had that one dope Batman scene where he's pretty much killing guys

Wait, is Zack better at Batman than Scott? Must investigate further

I haven't read zero year, please do not @ me

That scene was awful. The only good thing Batman did was hit Supes with a sink.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
List!

Black Hammer #9
Deadly Class #28
East of West #33
Old Guard #4
Seven to Eternity #6

A pretty good week of books to add to the stockpile

I should do lists again because I should start budgeting again

Archies #1
Batman/Shadow #2
Jean Gray #2

also saw that Kieron Gillen is writing a James Bond oversized special issue, which sounds awesome but I'll have to flip through it on Wednesday to see if it's $7.99 awesome
That scene was awful. The only good thing Batman did was hit Supes with a sink.
Oh yeah that also owned
Ya'll just haters

Don't you have mediocre Valiant comics to read?!
*goes back to reading Batman and Robin Eternal*

VanWinkle

Edit: double post. I guess I thought I should at least acknowledge my error.

I can't believe you hooligans like Zero Year more than A Death of the Family.

I don't think Snyder will ever do anything as good as Black Mirror, The Court of Owls, The City of Owls and Death in the Family. Everything else has either been just passable (Zero Year/End Game/All Star) or just downright bad.(Superheavy)

I'd say his best Batman work are what I'd say are must reads that can be recommended with the likes of The Dark Knight, Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, ect ect. He knows how to write a great dark Batman story but his more silly and light stuff just pales in comparison.

Brah.

A Death in the Family
Death of the Family

But you're saying:
Death in the Family
A Death of the Family

Ignoring that you called the same book the wrong thing in two different ways, are you torturing me on purpose or

So I caught up on all 24 issues of Birthright. God damn, I liked that a lot more than I thought I would. I'm usually not that big into books with heavy generic fantasy themes, but this one is really solid. Lookimg forward to the next issue.

Brah.

A Death in the Family
Death of the Family

But you're saying:
Death in the Family
A Death of the Family

Ignoring that you called the same book the wrong thing in two different ways, are you torturing me on purpose or

Not that big of a difference. They are all mediocre Batman comics. :3

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Like, kinda fuck you Scott Snyder for naming it Death of the Family cus I make that typo every single time I've talked about that book.

Sandfox

Max Bemis tweeted that he has more Marvel work coming soon. Foolkiller was really good so I can't wait to see what he writes next.

Hahah some good Scott Snyder segued into Zack Snyder chat while I slept. I want to meet the guy or gal who hates (Scott) Snyder but loves Stephen King novels. I want to understand that person on a deep level.

Court of Owls is still my favourite Batman arc from Snyder. I loved the part where he's stuck in the maze - such a claustrophobic and unnerving issue. His Joker was good in Death of the Family, but I found Zero Year more enjoyable overall, plus it looked incredible.

Awesome, I got those Animal Man books. Can't remember if I posted about them. Spotted an ebay listing last week, all 5 of the Jeff Lemire Animal Man tpbs, brand new. £30 including delivery so it was two books for free at that rate....plus it had one throwaway line in the item description "4 volumes signed by Lemire". No pictures, not in the actual title of the listing but I thought well, it's a deal anyway and I never read past volume 2 back during the actual run so why not. Came today and they do indeed have the sigs on the inside of the front covers, very cool bonus.

Awesome, I got those Animal Man books. Can't remember if I posted about them. Spotted an ebay listing last week, all 5 of the Jeff Lemire Animal Man tpbs, brand new. £30 including delivery so it was two books for free at that rate....plus it had one throwaway line in the item description "4 volumes signed by Lemire". No pictures, not in the actual title of the listing but I thought well, it's a deal anyway and I never read past volume 2 back during the actual run so why not. Came today and they do indeed have the sigs on the inside of the front covers, very cool bonus.
Nice!

Sounds like Steve Englehart wasn't so happy with how Mantis changed for the MCU.

BC: New line of DC vinyl figures.

Been reading through a trade - Batman: Legacy v1. Quite enjoying it actually. Very 90s and straightforward till now, but seems like fun super-hero comics without the creative team trying to "make a statement" about Batman and/or redefine his place in the world.

skybald

Picked up last week:
Bug #1

GotG: Mother Entropy #3
Hilarious fight sequence

Doc Savage: Ring of Fire #2
This book has a very nostalgic feel while still having very modern, clean artwork and an interesting story.

Deadpool v. Punisher #3
A little bit better than last issue. Still kind of slow

Pulls for this week
GotG Mother Entropy #4
All New Guardians of the Galaxy #2
Star Lord Annual
Plastic #2
Redneck #2
XMen Blue #4
Doc Savage Ring of Fire #3

Huge amount of books for me. I am usually a 2 book a week person.

Will probably release either too early or too late for the show. Guessing this is Anka's book after Star-Lord? Hopefully he'll get to do more than 6 issues this time.

Oh yeah, that's Anka's art too.

Damn, Anka.

She looks way older than she did a few months ago in A-Force, her style of clothes are way sexier than before, her hair has that thing a ton of asian dark haired characters had a few years ago where they got splashes of color in their hair and the staff of one has gone back to its original form. Also, she has two normal arms now.

I want to meet the guy or gal who hates (Scott) Snyder but loves Stephen King novels. I want to understand that person on a deep level.

I think I may qualify? I haven't read King in years but I've enjoyed his books (especially Cujo). I've only read Snyder a couple times but I've hated the experience. Too much narration, and too cheesy, grim-dark-extreme. Whereas King is, like, a good writer. His stuff is easy and natural to read. Don't really see a similarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom