• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

What's wrong with you guys? Stop buying so many HotToys.

[edit]

I want this so bad, though.
UChSU01.jpg

I own this

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I own this
gimmie
Rat Queens was nice.

PRETTY DEADLY IS BLOODY FANTASTIC OMFG.

I remember Rat Queen having some issues with their first artist, so I looked it up to see what happened with that, and it seems like that poor comic has had a pretty rough history. Controversy with the first artist, second guy leaving cus of health issues, third person leaving and then saying they were forced out, going in hiatus for over a year and a stint with a webcomic and now it's back with a totally new artist.

gimmie

I remember Rat Queen having some issues with their first artist, so I looked it up to see what happened with that, and it seems like that poor comic has had a pretty rough history. Controversy with the first artist, second guy leaving cus of health issues, third person leaving and then saying they were forced out, going in hiatus for over a year and a stint with a webcomic and now it's back with a totally new artist.

Yeah I finished the second volume, decided to look up more volumes and lo and behold found that mess.

I do vaguely recall reading about the whole Tess Fowler ordeal here on comicsgaf a while back. Did we ever find out if she was indeed forced out in favour of the domestic abuser before the backlash curtailed everything or if Wiebe's 'creative differences' side was legit?

i wish i could find a marvel statue i felt good about putting on my office desk
Marvel needs to greenlight more Storm statues because I need one in my life.

Messi

Yeah I finished the second volume, decided to look up more volumes and lo and behold found that mess.

I do vaguely recall reading about the whole Tess Fowler ordeal here on comicsgaf a while back. Did we ever find out if she was indeed forced out in favour of the domestic abuser before the backlash curtailed everything or if Wiebe's 'creative differences' side was legit?

Marvel needs to greenlight more Storm statues because I need one in my life.

We no nothing outside of the initial blow up.

You don't need to read anything after the first two volumes and the sejic issues (maybe that is the end of volume 2) the Tess issues are trash visually and story wise. Skip to the reboot and enjoy again.

I don't live in the city (about an hour away) but all the news from Manchester coming from last night and today is killing me. It's still my city, the city I've been in the most and know all the side streets and little places. What a complete f***er the guy must be, even targeting an events he knew kids and families would be at.

Aizo

Banned
Make me feel better about myself. How much do you all spend monthly on comics? Do you have a cap?

I'm doing budgeting today, and I realized I really have to clamp down on comic purchases. They've exploded since last year. The exchange rate is not helping at all.

Zatanna Premium Format... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP6FkEgu-H8
Saw Simone tweet about it. If I win the contest they're doing I might get persuaded to send it to you~

Make me feel better about myself. How much do you all spend monthly on comics? Do you have a cap?

I'm doing budgeting today, and I realized I really have to clamp down on comic purchases. They've exploded since last year. The exchange rate is not helping at all.
Rebirth has really helped me keep costs down along with sale waiting all Marvel books. Around 40€ a month unless a game I want is releasing in which case they just get added to my wishlist. This Kirby year is going to kill me.

Messi

400-500 per month, and no I don't know how to cap myself.

Aizo

Banned
400-500 per month
Holy fuck. Do you have a pretty good job, or this is like mostly what you spend money on?
My primary hobby is music (and it costs the most), then games, then comics, and I also eat with friends often and travel. I gotta cut costs somewhere.

Messi

Holy fuck. Do you have a pretty good job, or this is like mostly what you spend money on?
My primary hobby is music (and it costs the most), then games, then comics, and I also eat with friends often and travel. I gotta cut costs somewhere.

I have fairly sizable savings and a decent job. I collect original art/commissions and statues/hot toys as a primary hobby.

"I don't look at prices when I go comic shopping"...

I don't but comics weekly. I've bought most of what I've wanted, so budgeting is slightly easy because I have advanced notice on what releases when.

Aizo

Banned
I have fairly sizable savings and a decent job. I collect original art/commissions and statues/hot toys as a primary hobby.
Damn, Messi. Just glad it doesn't affect your savings or anything.
It's not like I'm spending enough that it is dangerous, but it never hurts to be more frugal and put a bit more into my savings.

You did make me feel better, though. hahaha

Messi

Damn, Messi. Just glad it doesn't affect your savings or anything.
It's not like I'm spending enough that it is dangerous, but it never hurts to be more frugal and put a bit more into my savings.

You did make me feel better, though. hahaha

I figured I would lol.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I don't know how much I spend monthly but I usually buy about 20-25 issues a month.

shingi70

Banned

About $20-$30 a week. So about $120 or so a month. I just need to get better at dropping books I'm not liking.

Code:
http://www.cbr.com/interview-brian-michael-bendis-defenders-marvel/

Keep the faith Messi, article has a mention of a certain young former xmen time traveller ;)

I only follow a handful of books as new releases. Everything else I get on sale.

On Comixology, they're always running like five or six sales at once, and for certain things, they're very predictable too. Like when Thor: Ragnarok comes out, they'll have at least three different Thor sales right before. All these new Guardians books coming out that just launched will be what I'm reading right after the third Guardians movie comes out.

Owzers

MU - waiting for annual sub sale
Cmx sales
Occasional IST orders for image ohc/ hellboy in hell library

But I guess I'm buying fewer trade paperbacks in favor of cmx digital sales. $5 for a five issue arc vs 8.49 typically for the trade.

I probably spend around £35-40 a month on single issues. I don't really have a set pattern for trades/hardcovers, it depends what's coming out. Sometimes I buy nothing like this month. In July, I'll be getting the Hickman Avengers omnibus and the second volume of Rucka's original WW run so that'll be getting close to 70 quid.

I used to only buy collected editions so I'll have to blame you lot for making me buy singles.

She's gone. Having faith just repeatedly opens up wounds :(

Though you know how Benids loves his favourites, if anyone was to bring her back would probably be him. Really can't see how she fits into a Defenders series though so I imagine it might not be much of a cameo.

mreddie

Kurt Busiek writing Lego Marvel 2

Generations will involve time travel. Thors vs. Apocalypse, Laura in Madipoor with Logan, Teen Jean in the Rise of the Phoenix and Hulks around the first era.

Marvel has been on a time travel kick.

Marvel solicits.

Occupy is missing and Silver Surfer sounds final unless it's getting another relaunch.

Kurt Busiek writing Lego Marvel 2

Generations will involve time travel. Thors vs. Apocalypse, Laura in Madipoor with Logan, Teen Jean in the Rise of the Phoenix and Hulks around the first era.

Marvel has been on a time travel kick.

It's funny cause they said it wasn't time travel when it was announced and no one believed them.

VanWinkle

Wonder Woman by Perez Omnibus Vol. 2 came in. Looks AWESOME. I was worried about the art since I had heard that Perez was off of art duties at this point, but it all looks fantastic. A lot of it even has a Perez look to it. I wonder if he did breakdowns on some of them or something.

sRJ6Ai.jpg

Proc

^That's a beautiful book. I must resist the urge to collect omnibi.

As a recent adopter of comics, I have to say marvel pulled me in with the xmen gold and blue. I know, I'm part of the problem. Familiar faces on #1s will get me. I enjoy X-men Blue more so far.

I've been continuing to enjoy batman and superman rebirth. I signed up for marvel unlimited and I have to say the amount of access marvel provides to their back catalogue is amazing. I wish DC would do the same.

I'm currenrly reading Claremont's xmen run for the first time and it's fantastic to see the juxstaposition of the format compared to modern comics. What s wonderful service that I would reccomend to any comic book fan.

May has been all about my "rediscovery" of xmen. I loved the cartoon growing up and now I have so much to read.

Also All-new Guardians #1 was awesome coming off the movie! That made my sub list instantly after closing it. I'm so happy to have DC and Marvel books to read now.

Sandfox

I just realized that there's only one Cap book titled "Captain America" now.

Silver Surfer is done, but Slott said that he got to do the stories he had planned from back when the book was pitched.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just picked up the last 6 or so issues of Ms Marvel

going to be a good weekend, giving up on DC CW TV and switching gears to some good ol comics

Vic_Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom