• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Was this confirmed or was it a joke?

This 1000 book looks sick, but who is WebToon lol? Kind of sounds like Breath of Fire mixed with Samurai Champloo. Really enjoyed his art in Powerman too but sometimes it just looked rushed and sloppy. Hes still going to be working on Powerman though right?

http://www.newsarama.com/34588-power-man-iron-fist-artist-returns-with-magical-cold-war-in-1000.html

Powerman was cancelled and he isn't the artist on the new luke cage book.

This 1000 book looks sick, but who is WebToon lol? Kind of sounds like Breath of Fire mixed with Samurai Champloo. Really enjoyed his art in Powerman too but sometimes it just looked rushed and sloppy. Hes still going to be working on Powerman though right?

http://www.newsarama.com/34588-power-man-iron-fist-artist-returns-with-magical-cold-war-in-1000.html

Line Webtoon is a very popular webcomics host.

Interesting choice of platform. Wonder what page format he'll go with. Most of the Webtoons seem to go with the narrow width "mobile" format.

Vic_Viper

Hi im black Bolt and im the King of the Inhumans!

I had no idea this was a re-release of a show released in the 90s made on the Babylon 5 set.

In other news, the Thor Generations synopsis sounds sick!
• When a battle goes south, Thor finds herself in ancient Egypt – facing a young Odinson!
• A misguided party of Vikings has bitten off way more than they can spear. But when the prince of Asgard answers their cries for help, he ends up in a fight no axe alone can win! And Apocalypse is not one for mercy.
• Can a not-yet-worthy god and a time-lost hero take on one of the world’s most powerful mutants at the height of his empire? And what does their encounter mean for the future of two Thors?

I wonder if Aaron read Remender's Uncanny Avengers Thor story with a very similar set up lol. Hope this is set after that fight if they do acknowledge it. Did Aaron's run on Thor ever do anything with
Apocalypse
? Im still reading the first arc so I havent gotten very far into it, but I never thought Id like a book starring Thor.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am a voicefull supporter of the If they do it right, it will be good crowd but the 15 seconds teaser was enought.

I also love how there are zero Collections to make money out of this

That looks like a bunch of scenes from Be Kind Rewind.

Nj5wNtt.gif

dan2026

• When a battle goes south, Thor finds herself in ancient Egypt – facing a young Odinson!
• A misguided party of Vikings has bitten off way more than they can spear. But when the prince of Asgard answers their cries for help, he ends up in a fight no axe alone can win! And Apocalypse is not one for mercy.
• Can a not-yet-worthy god and a time-lost hero take on one of the world’s most powerful mutants at the height of his empire? And what does their encounter mean for the future of two Thors?

I wonder if Aaron read Remender's Uncanny Avengers Thor story with a very similar set up lol. Hope this is set after that fight if they do acknowledge it. Did Aaron's run on Thor ever do anything with
Apocalypse
? Im still reading the first arc so I havent gotten very far into it, but I never thought Id like a book starring Thor.

Damn that sounds awesome.
Love me some Thor.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hi im black Bolt and im the King of the Inhumans!

I had no idea this was a re-release of a show released in the 90s made on the Babylon 5 set.

Apocalypse
This sounds amazing

dh4niel

Is it even possible for a super hero death to have any weight any more? They killed off 616 Wolverine but now we have All New Wolverine, Old Man Logan and soon Ultimate Comics X- Men's Jimmy. I know he's a massively popular character but it's overkill.

Is it even possible for a super hero death to have any weight any more? They killed off 616 Wolverine but now we have All New Wolverine, Old Man Logan and soon Ultimate Comics X- Men's Jimmy. I know he's a massively popular character but it's overkill.

At least 616 Logan is still "dead". I say "dead" cuz he's really frozen in adamantium.

Death and events are kind of the same way. They were shocking or newsworthy when they didn't happen that often but now its lazy shorthand for improving sales without doing any work

Another point to Valiant for making deaths and events matter still?

Another point to Valiant for making deaths and events matter still?

I bet if they kill off an actually popular character or usher in a universe wide status quo that shit will be reverted post haste if sales don't add up. Valiant is young, give them time and they will be fucking up their universe too.

I bet if they kill off an actually popular character or usher in a universe wide status quo that shit will be reverted post haste if sales don't add up. Valiant is young, give them time and they will be fucking up their universe too.

er, the ones they've killed off were pretty popular and an integral part of the universe. I haven't counted side characters.

I don't understand your second point. Their events usually have huge effects on the characters involved.

Also, isn't that a good reason to enjoy them while they're good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom