• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_oepa7iKWdU1rey868o1_250.gif

VanWinkle

Standardtrim?

The Button, just like the Rebirth one shot hardcover, will be oversized.

VanWinkie would you still buy the Rebirth deluxes if the binding is too tight?

I would, because it's still better than trades, which also have tight bindings. I would be sad, though.

That being said, DC has been using sewn pretty good sewn bindings on their deluxe editions since the beginning of last year. They're roughly Marvel Now OHC (not Marvel Omni, which opens really far) quality bindings. I've been happy with them. So we should be good.

Holy crap, my dudes. As a Taskmaster fan this year is shaping up to be SICK.

AVENGERS #10
MARK WAID (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A)
Cover by ALEX ROSS
Marvel vs. Capcom Variant Cover by TBA

SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
• They're Earth's Mightiest – but are they heroes? Taskmaster, Deadpool, the Superior Octopus...how can they be fighting alongside the Avengers we know?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

SPIDER-MEN II #2 (of 5)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • SARA PICHELLI (a/C)
Variant Cover by TBA
Connecting Variant Cover B by JESUS SAIZ
• The mystery of the OTHER Miles Morales thickens, but our Spider-Men may need to hit pause on the sleuthing because...
• ...TASKMASTER IS GOING TO TAKE THEM DOWN!
• Don't miss this Spider-Event!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Sandfox

I'm not really feeling a lot of the new Image books and It's pretty funny how KSD has basically retired from comics and just outsourced her book.

tim1138

So unlike the first Wonder Woman omni, vol 2 just has the generic DC black boards for the front and back covers with no art on them. Good job DC.

So unlike the first Wonder Woman omni, vol 2 just has the generic DC black boards for the front and back covers with no art on them. Good job DC.

They can't even finish a run of trades with the same format or spine design. You expect them to be constant in anything else?

tim1138

Sweet. Can I expect the same of Hal and the Corps?

Hal and the Corps doesn't hit the same emotional beats that GLs does, but it nails epic space action. It boggles my mind that it's the same guy who took over after Johns left during the N52, the difference in quality is so great. The only downside to Hal Jordan are the issues that Ethan van Sciver draws, ugh.

Van Sciver's backgrounds are pretty decent in the Hal book but his faces, dear lord. I actually liked the Hal volume 1 more than GLs vol 1 though. I like how it's a take on
what if this was it for Hal & the corps; what if the corps were gone and he was the only one left. To go out with a bang or a whimper? The book explores that and it pretty exciting in doing so
even though the reader knows up front that's not the case. In that sense, I think there's quiter a bit of character stuff, I couldn't really get behind the idea it's cast is too big, there's good stuff with Hal, Guy, Sinestro & his daughter. Sinestro has a bit of an interesting thing going on in terms of where he draws the line and what he deems as acceptable or not for the great good, and in the conduct of the yellow lanterns. Green Lanterns has a more obvious premise in terms of "oh yea, that's going to be a character driven book" but in terms of actual character work vs big action, I would say the two were pretty equal.

Done with Batman Legacy v1 just to find out that v2 doesn't release till late Feb 2018...

The Moench issues were a bit iffy but I enjoyed the Dixon ones. And for some reason, Aparo draws a Grayson that looks older than Bruce. The shirtless sword fight in the sand in Detective Comics 700 felt like a low hanging "remember when" reference.

It doesn't bode well that I turned that Inhumans trailer off instantly. The trailer. The short, heavily edited clip designed to get me excited for the show.

I do hope Wonder Woman is good. DC doesn't need another garbage film, and we desperately need a great female led superhero movie.

Ponn

Banned
Haven't made an IST order in awhile but had to last week. Just picked it up today.

Think I did good. Little apprehensive about getting into Saga book 2, keep hearing it goes down hill and don't want that to be my memory of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom