• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2013. Truly, tofurkey is the offspring of some Black Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

Anyone seen this?

1383753255.jpg

Adrian Alphona concept art of Ms Marvel's family. I thought his rough cover looked a bit odd but I really like this.

Layman crafted a really cool Jim Gordon story in Detective Comics this week. Told a really cool origin of the
Bat signal
among other cool things. I would add a book like this to my pull in an instant. Hopefully that's what Layman does on his part of Batman Eternal.

ElNarez

Banned
In Anthology Comic News: Batman Black & White #3 has a Paul Dini / Stéphane Roux Harley & Ivy story and I know y'all are down with that so this is your heads-up, it's also got plenty of other goods but y'know, know your audience and all that.

He's grandfathered in, plus it's not like he's seen a whole lot outside of batgirl.

Yeah, it seems maybe DC decided that facial hair = old. Too bad. At least Aquaman has his beard back, right? But no hero with dark hair is allowed facial hair? You'd think if DC wanted to be down with kids today they would have more beards. Beards are where it's at.

Eldren

Oh hey look, more Ms. Marvel stuff.

Jamie McKelvie again! said:
tumblr_mvv0skFK5F1qb0qmuo1_500.jpg

Hey so you know there’s a new Ms Marvel series coming up, right? Written by G Willow Wilson and drawn by Adrian Alphona? Well, I had the honour of designing her costume, and here it is! The idea was to mix in a bit of her own style, a bit of Captain Marvel (her hero), and a little of the classic Cockrum Ms Marvel costume.

Messi

In Anthology Comic News: Batman Black & White #3 has a Paul Dini / Stéphane Roux Harley & Ivy story and I know y'all are down with that so this is your heads-up, it's also got plenty of other goods but y'know, know your audience and all that.

Bought it for that story.

I'm definitely interested in the new Ms. Marvel book. My only concern is her power set. I'm not so sure how I feel about what is essentially a female Plastic-Man.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Interesting development in Forever Evil pertaining to Capt Cold.
No more meta gene

Skimmed it after I picked it up but I'm happy about this. I hated the meta-human 'twist'.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ultimate Cataclysm or whatever was terrible. What the hell was I thinking.

Everyone was Bendis Teen-speak. I'm pretty surprised Galactus isn't saying things like "Hello. Oh. Yes. Hm. Well.... I am here to eat your planet. Sort of. Okay?"

Not feeling Ms Marvel still because my Juno/Tumblr Fashion Blog Diary alarm is sounding at full pitch.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My issue with Ultimate Cataclysm was that nothing seemed to happen. I read the book in two minutes and was confused I got to the end already.

ReiGun

Action Comics has me wishing DC had stuck with "casual Friday" Superman longer. The best new 52 Supes stories have been that version.

Finally got around to finishing Battle of the Atom last night (after the long catch up of Wolverine & the X-Men).

Overall it seemed to ask more questions than it answered and I'm left wanting.. Another event I guess?

On the bright side, it got me into W&tXM which I've really been enjoying.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Anyone have thoughts on the Pet Avengers? Girlfriend wants me to find a few trades to buy, so I'm curious to know if they're at least fun reads since she isn't expecting to be blown away with serious content when it involves Lockjaw and Frog Thor.

Owzers

Anyone have thoughts on the Pet Avengers? Girlfriend wants me to find a few trades to buy, so I'm curious to know if they're at least fun reads since she isn't expecting to be blown away with serious content when it involves Lockjaw and Frog Thor.
i thought the issue i read was a bit boring.Get Nextwave Agents of Hate instead, it's whacky fun.

dropbears2.JPG

Blader

My issue with Ultimate Cataclysm was that nothing seemed to happen. I read the book in two minutes and was confused I got to the end already.

I liked that the cliffhanger was the same thing that had already been happening for 10 pages.

Timo

Zero #2 was pretty outstanding. Really enjoying a lot of stuff Ales Kot is writing.

Pretty Deadly #1 was ok, generally interesting first issue, i dunno if I'll get anymore anytime soon though.

Sex Criminals #1 is an OK premise, and was pretty funny, but the first issue ending seemed a bit quick and hoaky. Who knows.

Afterlife with Archie #1 was oddly satisfying in some strange way. Never read much, if any Archie. Still enjoyed it.

Reading through Craig Thompson's Carnet de Voyage and damn it is good, the shit he pisses out for fun is insanely interesting. Dude is prolly going straight ink most of the time too. Fucker.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I liked that the cliffhanger was the same thing that had already been happening for 10 pages.

Well yeah. The 0.1 issue was much better at setup. They should have dived in instead of wasting all those pages on Spider-Man.

arkon

idk what this could be, apparently Legacy might be ending soon or something and this could replace it? suppose we'll have to wait and see

I'll be sad to see Legacy go, but this lessens the blow. Good to see Spurrier getting some more work off the back of it. I hope they leave him to his own devices again. Day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom