• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2013. Truly, tofurkey is the offspring of some Black Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
I just realized there's a fucking Luther Desmond Diamond poster in Sex Criminals #3 holy shit this issue was already fucking great but now it's kinda the best fuck

kswiston

IGN followed up their top 25 DC heroes list with a top 25 DC villains one:

1) The Joker
2) Lex Luthor
3) Two-Face
4) Sinestro
5) Brainiac
6) The Penguin
7) Darkseid
8) Harley Quinn
9) Deathstroke
10) Black Adam
11) Reverse Flash
12) General Zod
13) The Riddler
14) Poison Ivy
15) The Flash Rogues
16) Ra's Al Ghul
17) Amanda Waller
18) Cheetah
19) Vandal Savage
20) Bane
21) Krona
22) Scarecrow
23) The Crime Syndicate
24) Mr Freeze
25) The Antimonitor

Not really liking this list. Grouping the Rogues together is a cop out. Especially when half the list is Batman villains.

XM1049

Neo Member

1) The Joker
2) Lex Luthor
3) Two-Face
4) Sinestro
5) Brainiac
6) The Penguin
7) Darkseid
8) Harley Quinn
9) Deathstroke
10) Black Adam
11) Reverse Flash
12) General Zod
13) The Riddler
14) Poison Ivy
15) The Flash Rogues
16) Ra's Al Ghul
17) Amanda Waller
18) Cheetah
19) Vandal Savage
20) Bane
21) Krona
22) Scarecrow
23) The Crime Syndicate
24) Mr Freeze
25) The Antimonitor

Not really liking this list. Grouping the Rogues together is a cop out. Especially when half the list is Batman villains.

The Rogues have always been grouped together. 'The Rogues' is a name that they themselves have given to their group and they always work together because individually they don't stand a chance against Flash.

That was my first time seeing Wacker go nuts online. He went through something like three 4thletter comment threads, two Savage Critics posts, and I think twitter being a complete dickwad over this

He does this a lot on the CBR Spider-Man board. Occasionally Dan Slott drops by too.

Sblargh

Banned
Still going through the Fantastic Four omnibus by Lee/Kirby and all I want to do is talk about Fantastic Four. I'm blasted by greatness. I should do a blog post or something. Or I should just keep reading it.

kswiston

Still going through the Fantastic Four omnibus by Lee/Kirby and all I want to do is talk about Fantastic Four. I'm blasted by greatness. I should do a blog post or something. Or I should just keep reading it.

It's crazy how much of the Marvel U was invented in that FF run.

Eldren

I'm reading Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and there's a panel where Wolvie unsheathes his claws. The SNIKT appears behind his left hand and the "I" is formed by the middle claw. I thought that was really cool. I've barely read any Wolverine comics so I don't know how common an occurrence that is, but I hadn't seen it before and I love when comics make interesting use of sound effects.

Also the double splash page just after, with Wolverine
standing on top of the Statue of Liberty's flame looking up at Planet Doom,
is absolutely gorgeous. The details in the distance but also the little birds in the foreground and the wisps of cloud. Such a great moment.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

1) The Joker
2) Lex Luthor
3) Two-Face
4) Sinestro
5) Brainiac
6) The Penguin
7) Darkseid
8) Harley Quinn
9) Deathstroke
10) Black Adam
11) Reverse Flash
12) General Zod
13) The Riddler
14) Poison Ivy
15) The Flash Rogues
16) Ra's Al Ghul
17) Amanda Waller
18) Cheetah
19) Vandal Savage
20) Bane
21) Krona
22) Scarecrow
23) The Crime Syndicate
24) Mr Freeze
25) The Antimonitor

the crime syndicate again? really? is it because of forever evil?

Vibranium

Banned
That was my first time seeing Wacker go nuts online. He went through something like three 4thletter comment threads, two Savage Critics posts, and I think twitter being a complete dickwad over this

Wacker is hilarious because of how seriously he takes comments. He feels this need to discredit other people and constantly snark at them. He defended Dead Son Nova in a big thread and said that Rich Rider fans need to "move on".

I forgot who it was, but someone on the Spidey CBR boards called him out, saying something along the lines that he has a job that many people would kill for, in any other workplace you could be fired for insulting potential customers or being unprofessional online. How come at Marvel they're ok with employees acting like that?

I'm reading Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and there's a panel where Wolvie unsheathes his claws. The SNIKT appears behind his left hand and the "I" is formed by the middle claw. I thought that was really cool. I've barely read any Wolverine comics so I don't know how common an occurrence that is, but I hadn't seen it before and I love when comics make interesting use of sound effects.

is absolutely gorgeous. The details in the distance but also the little birds in the foreground and the wisps of cloud. Such a great moment.

Dat three page spread....

I don't think you can really call Amanda Waller a "villain" though. She has been an antagonist from time to time but a villain in the same breath as Joker? C'mon son.

There's a pretty broad spectrum of what constitutes "villain." Some are simply on the wrong side environmentally or politically, some don't do anything more than rob banks or steal jewels without any bodycount whatsoever, and some want to make a utopia- albeit under a highly restrictive dictatorship. "villain" doesn't necessarily mean mustache twirling homicidal maniac, and the best ones usually aren't.

vocab

I just did too! Amazing, incredible.

Same. I had to go back to volume 1, and re read that part where
dream met nada again in hell

It's crazy how volume 1 and 2 just came together like that. Desire is a favorite of mine. What an interesting character.

It's gonna be a while before I get volume 3 and 4.

Comixology is having a 99 cent Titan sale until tomorrow (the 24th)! You can pick up Simon Spurrier's mini-series Numbercruncher for $4! Or pay the same for the recently released wild and crazy and awesome-sounding Solid State Tank Girl series. Lots of other classic Tank Girl comics on sale there, too.

Nudull

Banned
Comixology is having a 99 cent Titan sale until tomorrow (the 24th)! You can pick up Simon Spurrier's mini-series Numbercruncher for $4! Or pay the same for the recently released wild and crazy and awesome-sounding Solid State Tank Girl series. Lots of other classic Tank Girl comics on sale there, too.

Never got to read Tank Girl before. Might check this sale out. :)

Thanks, just reminded me to buy this.

He does this a lot on the CBR Spider-Man board. Occasionally Dan Slott drops by too.

I'm not even a member there but sometimes I lurk around the Spider-Man board just to see Wacker being an asshole (most of time with reason though). Dan Slott tends to be more civil but he can also throw in some hilarious posts.

Eldren

It's the part where Wolverine see's the Doom Planet

Oh right. Oh so did you mean that in the single issue it was spread across three pages, like a pull-out? Damn that must have been amazing. I did wonder why it had white bars at the top and bottom, kind of like widescreen. Makes sense now. Yeah that was a great splash, so beautiful.

Owzers

Revival #2 was alright, Mind the Gap #5 was the first well-rounded issue.

I've lost interest in comics this month, too many videogames out and my ps4 fan mocks me with it's whirl whirl whirliness.

Messi

List as I may not be around tomorrow to post mine:

Itty Bitty Hellboy #4
Black Science #1
Pretty Deadly #2
Rat Queens #3
Revival #15
Saga #16
Deadpool Annual #1
Hawkeye #14

Pretty good week for me.

Look how wonderful this cover is:

ojo-de-halcon-14-portada.jpg

Oh right. Oh so did you mean that in the single issue it was spread across three pages, like a pull-out? Damn that must have been amazing. I did wonder why it had white bars at the top and bottom, kind of like widescreen. Makes sense now. Yeah that was a great splash, so beautiful.

Yup :,)

MartyStu

final crisis makes a lot more sense if you read the superman beyond issues.

I mean, I actually understand it well enough. The gaps are easily filled.

I just disliked a lot of its execution.

Then again, I did not set out to actually read the whole thing, I just wanted more background before I jumped deeper into Morrison's Batman run (not impressed thus far).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I mean, I actually understand it well enough. The gaps are easily filled.

I just disliked a lot of its execution.

Then again, I did not set out to actually read the whole thing, I just wanted more background before I jumped deeper into Morrison's Batman run (not impressed thus far).

welcome to the club

SRG01

I was wondering why that preview wasn't getting any attention. Lots of funky timeline stuff about to happen and Remender's digging deep into Marvel's back catalog for it.

Ugh, I have to pick up UA again? I stopped reading it a few issues ago because the whole thing felt like a sidestory to everything else in the Marvel Universe.

MartyStu

Batman and Robin

Pretty good; I just hate all the Red Hood stuff.

Jason has been sorely misused and abused.

For all the ill it did, the nu52 at least gave his character a fighting chance.

I present to you, List!

Aquaman #25
Batman The Dark Knight #25
Catwoman #25 (MAYBE)
Damian Son Of Batman #2 (MAYBE)
Flash #25
Forever Evil A.R.G.U.S. #2
Justice League Dark #25
Red Lanterns #25
Superman #25
Teen Titans #25

Status