• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2013. Truly, tofurkey is the offspring of some Black Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Haven't gotten super far into my rereading with the omnibus but it's sewn, which is great. It's a really well put together book and its size is just awesome. And absurd.

I saw it in a shop after it came out and was in awe of how ridiculously huge it was. At the rate DC is releasing them, soon I'm gonna have an entire shelf dedicated to awesome Grant Morrison omnibus editions.

Why do you do this to yourself? :p

Honestly, I don't know. I like Selina Kyle, I keep hoping that they'll finally wake the fuck up and not write a terrible story. Though to be fair to me, I didn't end up buying the last few months and just reading a friends copy. So I probably won't buy this months either.

Went HAM on that Johnsie GL sale. God those comics were so phenomenal. Makes me so sad for the current state of affairs.

But so Thankful for the best Pre-TG Wednesday in Comics History??

Which Can Only Mean LIIIISSSSTTTTT
(Bold Denotes Inevitably Best Comic Ever)

All-New X-Men #19
Avengers Arena #18
Black Science #1
Deadpool Annual #1
Hawkeye #14
Indestructible Hulk #16
Infinity #6
New Avengers #12
Pretty Deadly #2
Saga #16
Sledgehammer 44 Lightning War #1 (of 3)
Superior Spider-Man #22
Uncanny Avengers #14
Wolverine and the X-Men #38
Wolverine and the X-Men Annual #1

I could see why people wouldn't like the mainline GL title as much (albeit I still enjoy it). Hal is sort of douchey at the moment. But it has understandable reasons. It feels organic.

Red Lanterns and New Guardians are feeling much fresher. Yeah they've been part of the new world building but it feels like they have their own paths now.

But my opinion is obviously biased. Take it for what you will.

Not on that level, but most fo Johns run can't compare to those two.

Yeah, that's what's really been disappointing to me in New 52-land. That GL run, 52, Teen Titans, Infinite Crisis, those are still some of my favorite books/runs in any comic ever. And I bought everything when New 52 started, EVERYTHING (some of you may remember). And just taking his Justice League as an example, man. Everything I dug about the guy's stuff is completely gone.

Maybe it was the fact that he revitalized old continuity in a really great way (Remender-esque?) and now that that continuity has been eradicated, he's lost his stuff?

I don't know. All I know is it's a hollow and sad experience reading his books now.

Read the first 4 issues of Deadpool. This is not a good book :(. Does it pick up at all?

Yup. The latest storyline, aside from being drawn impeccably by Declan Shalvey, shows the book carrying Remender's torch of treating the character as an actual character, not a punch line, which I did not at all expect from Duggan and Poehsen.

Deadpool actually gets a lot better after the presidents stuff. !!

The arc with the dead shirked agent is great also the t one with cap and wolverine as well

Plus dat 70's issue is comic of the year material

Messi

The arc with the dead shirked agent is great also the t one with cap and wolverine as well

I bought the 70s issue randomly in a store over the summer in the US because of the cover.

arkon

Black Science #1
FF #14
Hawkeye #14
Star Wars Legacy II #9
Transformers Robots In Disguise #23
Wolverine And The X-Men #38
Wolverine And The X-Men Annual #1

Might get Flash #25 too.

Also I finally got that Nowhere Men trade in the mail. About fucking time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's a really good book, it's everything people say they want out of a Deadpool book.

ElNarez

Banned
These are some comics I'm purchasing next week.
All-Star Western #25
Aquaman #25 (This is Johns' last where the fuck is the fanfare y'all)
Flash #25
Justice League Dark #25 (If you missed the previous one when it's The Single Best New 52 Constantine Story what the heck are you doing)
Tom Strong And The Planet Of Peril #5

Black Science #1 (I'm ALL ABOUT that)
Rat Queens #2
Saga #16

All-New X-Men #19
FF #14
Hawkgal #14
Indestructible Hulk #16
Infinity #6
New Avengers #12 (This is your reminder that it goes Infinity THEN New Avengers)
Nova #10
Uncanny Avengers #14
Uncanny X-Force #14 (Yeah at this point fuck it might as well finish this run)
Wolverine and the X-Men #38 (Every time I think I'm gonna drop it and then I don't the heck's wrong with me)

"New" daredevil team.

DD-EXCLU-COVER-665x10241.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
So did Alan Moore do a thing and if so what is that thing I need to know before I crack some jokes at the expense of the old coot.

Heh, I'm actually unceremoniously dropping UXF as of this morning. Art was "TBD" and I was like "Yeah, no."
I just dont understand why Marble switches out artist on books. Im not talking about accelerated shipping schedules, but they will flip two art teams on two different books. Garney was perfect.

I dont think I will be continuing the X Force saga with Si Spurrier. Brah is too verbose with his company comics.

I dont think I will be continuing the X Force saga with Si Spurrier. Brah is too verbose with his company comics.

I have to admit, I'm kind of curious to see how Marrow is going to pan out. I thought she was forever relegated to obscurity at this point. I may check it out for a few issues.

Owzers

Wow, I really like those new guys, bet this is a gonna be a great DD book just like the old one!

edit: wait a minute was this just an excuse for them to raise the price to $4? lol

Yup, almost every new book is 3.99 now, i griped in the last solicits were mostly 3.99.

Mind the Gap through issue #6: Getting enjoyable, but there's even less plot to grab onto than Morning Glories, we're running on mystery fumes here.

Revival through issue #7: Definitely crazier than i expected, mostly liking it. Seeley's done a good job throwing different things into the book.

KePoW

Banned
Is there any possibility that this Black Science book will be a letdown for some of you?

I only started reading comics a couple months ago, with some great starting tips and points from GAF! Really enjoying the hobby now. Just wondering if any of yall have ever been letdown by a hyped brand-new comic haha.

Is there any possibility that this Black Science book will be a letdown for some of you?

I only started reading comics a couple months ago, with some great starting tips and points from GAF! Really enjoying the hobby now. Just wondering if any of yall have ever been letdown by a hyped brand-new comic haha.
Nah, if anything some sort of Stockholm Syndrome like with what happened with Saga.

But the spiritual successor to Fear Agent cannot fail. Hopefully the art team stays the same. Moore was always the better fit on Fear Agent.

KePoW

Banned
Nah, if anything some sort of Stockholm Syndrome like with what happened with Saga.

But the spiritual successor to Fear Agent cannot fail. Hopefully the art team stays the same. Moore was always the better fit on Fear Agent.

Haha cool, the art looks awesome from the previews, and I really like the dark space setting.

arkon

I'm sure some people will be let down by it. I'm excited for it but I've tempered my expectations. From what I remember of reading Fear Agent it didn't get going for me until near the end of the first tpb. I'll be giving Black Science the same time to impress unless that first issue is really disastrous.

Messi

That sounded insane at first, but it might be possible. I like Saga. Loved the first two arcs, but if we're being honest, it's been getting less enjoyable with the last few issues.

TAKE IT BACK :( PLEASE

if we are truly honest, the story has gone nowhere this arc. But I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

It is a possibility, but really what it comes down to is getting to know a writers track record. Most of the books I read are by writers that I'm familiar with. It's kind of a safe way to collect but sometimes I miss out on a series. Now I kind of let GAF steer me towards some books like Zero and Three. I wasn't even collecting Image titles until this month.

WARNING:

Arena has already leaked and UA is leaking as we speak. Leave comic book websites if you do not wish to be spoiled.
I hate when this happens because I have to stay off twitter >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom