• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird how post bendis and the indie invasion everyone draws peter like some super hot model dude. I got he was more uniform from the DNA stuff and then I always saw him as sort of slubby hot like the MCU version.

Remember when his face was half robot? Marvel doesn't.

Sandfox

I love this spread from PM&IF 10

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxbNlyQXcAAnrJ5?format=jpg&name=large

Sanford Greene's art is legit. His Damian looks cool too IMO.

CxUNVlaXUAEJYh8

Ross61

Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern is a six-issue mini-series that will be co-written by Robbie Thompson (Silk) and Justin Jordan (Green Lantern: New Guardians). The series will be drawn by Barnaby Bagenda (The Omega Men). Alongside this cover, BOOM! revealed that issue #1 will feature variant covers by Steve Morris, Paul Rivoche, Felipe Massafera and David Ryan Robinson.

Kind of an odd paring. I can see Jordan because of the GL experience, but Thompson is lost on me. But more Bagenda art is just a plus.

Sandfox

It's weird how post bendis and the indie invasion everyone draws peter like some super hot model dude. I got he was more uniform from the DNA stuff and then I always saw him as sort of slubby hot like the MCU version.
Star Lord is a sex symbol now and the new creative team is intentionally playing it up. Just look at the cover for the first issue lol.

Not comics, but that Kong: Skull Island trailer. God damn. Tempts me to look at the Boom book. The art looks awesome. I have no idea about Asmus though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was pretty bad about that on Green Arrow. I was just really angry lol. I'll correct it.

The new pages thing annoys the hell out of me on the Comic subreddit. That subreddit is basically a race to post the cool or funny page from ever issue on Wednesday. The more annoying part is their titles half the time are spoilers themselves.

Thankfully that is not a thing in the Image subreddit.

Ross61

Phillip Tan is taking over Hellblazer on issue #7 after Moritat leaves on issue #4. Pia Guerra will doing the full-in issue in between.

Don't know who will be taking over Suicide Squad once Jim Lee leaves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like the art itself but that is not how I imagine a Hellblazer book looking :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
A couple of tidbits from Wiebe on reddit....

Everything in Volumes 1-3 is canon. I needed to restart and get the series back on track. It takes place a few months after the end of volume 3.

16 will not be collected and won't be considered canon. It was too difficult to wrap that up and put things back on track at the same time.

mreddie

Superstar artist Leinil Yu will not be returning to Marvel’s IVX super-mega-crossover event until its final issue in March, Bleeding Cool has learned. Artist Javier Garron will handle art for IVX #4 and #5, in addition to IVX #3, as listed in Marvel’s January solicitations.

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Makes me sad how wasted the Patriots where in GotP. Love the game, cried like a baby in the end, but with some distance, so many things where wasted.

I'm about 40 mins in dude, fascinating stuff. Hearing about his trouble writing for Crook and only really getting it at the end is really interesting (and that coffee shop issue was perfect too). The stuff about the long death too, which imo is just fucking heartbreaking. Dude is amazing to listen to. Did you listen last week? The stuff about doing the med school talk, brilliant. I need to get the creep!

Messi

Not seeing it tbh. Retailer support alone will mean either the book works under Gieni or it'll die completely, and if it's working I don't see them stirring the pot bringing Rochurch back.

The second they bring Roc back the book is dead. He is poison to that series.

Does that mean he is leaving Manifest or is it ending? Both outcomes are not worth it.

shingi70

Banned
Phillip Tan is taking over Hellblazer on issue #7 after Moritat leaves on issue #4. Pia Guerra will doing the full-in issue in between.

Don't know who will be taking over Suicide Squad once Jim Lee leaves.

You got anime in my comics.

Star Lord is a sex symbol now and the new creative team is intentionally playing it up. Just look at the cover for the first issue lol.

I know I just always saw Peter as either being rugged or that sort of Seth Roganish. More Peter Parker than say Dick Grayson.

I love seeinf artists get success, but man I wish we could get more big two work from Babs Tarr.

I'm about 40 mins in dude, fascinating stuff. Hearing about his trouble writing for Crook and only really getting it at the end is really interesting (and that coffee shop issue was perfect too). The stuff about the long death too, which imo is just fucking heartbreaking. Dude is amazing to listen to. Did you listen last week? The stuff about doing the end school talk, brilliant. I need to get the creep!

I went straight to this one :}

I went straight to this one :}

Haha I meant med school btw, but it was really good too. It's like 3 hrs long. Jesus btw. He finished writing last summer, and had most of it figured out by the end of reign of the black flame. That's crazy haha. And the fact he says "They would have let me kill ANYONE for the right reason". You just don't see that in property driven comics the same way as with these books ha.

Damn haha, I do not think he liked how Ashley Strode was sidelined. Not surprised though, given that she was earmarked for Cameron Stewart then it seems after lots of waiting and only one story he backed out.

Got finished listening to that pod with Arcudi. Brilliant, an incredible insight into the workig of the mignolaverse, Arcudi's process as a writer himself and with artists. Thoughts on almost all the characters and plot lines etc, amazing!n Extreme spoilers though haha

Top Bottom