• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

mmmm hmmmm

PeH0CLv.gif

Apparently Lawrence Campbell confirmed at thought bubble that he will continue on with the next BPRD book when it returns. That's awesome news. Alongside Harren, I think he left the largest mark on the book during HoE, amongst all the amazing talent that put in work. Would love to the Fiumara bros to join as well unless Abe isn't done with them yet.

The second they bring Roc back the book is dead. He is poison to that series.

What on Earth are you talking about? That book was at it's god-damned high point when The Roc was on that book. It was never better than the first two arcs.

No! She's Image's now and you can't have her back. :)

She's better off at Image where can work on original books instead of wasting her time drawing bullshit superheroes.

If someone posts FFXV spoilers or thoughts in this thread before 28/11 I'll hunt you down. If there's one place where I can feel safe it should be here. Two whole weeks...

If someone posts FFXV spoilers or thoughts in this thread before 28/11 I'll hunt you down. If there's one place where I can feel safe it should be here. Two whole weeks...

Don't look at me, bruh. I'm not gonna talk about it at all, though hype levels are rising.

Any word on PS4 download size? I'm debating digital or disc at this point. I'm assuming it's going to be something insane like 75GB, in which case I'll be buying the disc version.

Don't look at me, bruh. I'm not gonna talk about it at all, though hype levels are rising.

Any word on PS4 download size? I'm debating digital or disc at this point. I'm assuming it's going to be something insane like 75GB, in which case I'll be buying the disc version.

Can't see it being less than 50GB.

About what I thought. Biggest game I've downloaded to date was Mafia III at 65GB, and I don't really want to do that again. Dishonored 2 was about 72GB and I was like lolololNOPE.

It's 50GB. Helps most cutscenes are in-game with your worn clothes, custom car etc. The launch patch that fixes the camera and bugs etc we don't know the size of.

I might talk about Pokemon etc here once it's out. Really don't want to go to Gaming side this month...

Messi

Why does my Xbox tell me that most months I consume 100gb and two months ago my console says it consumed 111.13TB. Wat.

About what I thought. Biggest game I've downloaded to date was Mafia III at 65GB, and I don't really want to do that again. Dishonored 2 was about 72GB and I was like lolololNOPE.

Haha I'm trying to think. I think the largest game I've downloaded this gen with no disc to speed things up was the master chief collection, I think that a a good 80gb. I've got good internet too, still took foreverrrr

Most games take longer to unpack then they do to download for me.

Thinking about trying Elder Scrolls Online with the free weekend, but even for me, almost 100GB is a lot.

It's 50GB. Helps most cutscenes are in-game with your worn clothes, custom car etc. The launch patch that fixes the camera and bugs etc we don't know the size of.

I might talk about Pokemon etc here once it's out. Really don't want to go to Gaming side this month...

In game FF cut scenes are literally the worst thing to ever happen in gaming. CG or NOTHING.

Hagi

Messiah Complex was damn good, I really want to do I nice write-up for it when I'm off this weekend. With no previous experience of this Predator X thing I must say it felt superfluous, there was so much shit being thrown in all directions I don't think it added anything. I really enjoyed where they took the story with Bishop and Cable is such a bad ass I think I can't not read his run that spins out of this.

It was quite brutal as well, quite a large body count by the end of the last issue. Now the road to Second Coming begins.

What on Earth are you talking about? That book was at it's god-damned high point when The Roc was on that book. It was never better than the first two arcs.

I think he was talking about the domestic abuse claims and the rather harrowing accounts made by his wife. I can only imagine the blow back rehiring him would cause regardless of what quality the book was previously at before he was arrested.

VanWinkle

Flash omnibus looks beautiful (these are not my photos. Getting mine on Tuesday).

LOVE this wraparound under the dust jacket:
L652NbK.jpg

Binding looks very nice, too.
68osNX9.jpg

I think he was talking about the domestic abuse claims and the rather harrowing accounts made by his wife. I can only imagine the blow back rehiring him would cause regardless of what quality the book was previously at before he was arrested.

I get that, but I mean, Hemingway was a notorious womanizer and people don't avoid his work. It's fucking mandatory in a lot of schools.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

It wouldn't technically be rehiring because he's co-creator. He gets pai whether he works on it or not.

Hagi

I'm not even going to get into the whole support the artist vs the art thing because that roundabout has thoroughly been used in these threads. Roc Upchurch didn't die in the 1960's though so I'd like to think the consequences of his actions would be considered a little differently.

That being said this industry hand waves a lot of heinous shit, maybe you will see him at Marvel one of these days.

I get that, but I mean, Hemingway was a notorious womanizer and people don't avoid his work. It's fucking mandatory in a lot of schools.

Tbf, the Hemingway thing is a strawman. Whether Hemingway was a piece of shit or not is irrelevant to the conversation at hand. If you don't care, that's on you if you accept this stuff in society and how you feel about punishment, rehabilitation etc after a crime, but namechecking other people contemporary or not doesn't change that Upchurch was arrested for domestic abuse, and I believe sexual assault and child abuse was also levelled at him.

I'd rather keep out of the stupid conversations but I've saw that Hemingway thing come up before and it's worth pointing out how it makes zero difference. It's not an excuse or some sort of similar comparison.

Owzers

I thought Flex Mentallo was going to be a goofy/fun/weird book but three issues in and it's just a weird kind of depressing but mostly weird book. Can't say i'm really enjoying it.

Hasn't show up in Rebirth yet. He is going to show up in Hal Jordan and GLC later this month or next, to which I've heard that he was taking over and Hal will be on hiatus.

Dude doesn't even have his crab mask on the Feb HJ&GLC cover and you're expecting people to remember he has a throat scar?

Haha I can hope! The only green lantern I've ever really read was the first year or so of John's big time run. After Omega Men, Kyle feels a bit like *my* lantern. It'd be cool if they kept a nod to Omega Men, even if we're unlikely to get a run like that again.

Glorious, but I mean. Doc Shaner bro.

This is reaaally nice!

Top Bottom