• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to put an IST order together,, any suggestions??
So far I have:
SHAZAM MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL DELUXE HC
FATALE TP VOL 01 DEATH CHASES ME
BATMAN BEYOND HUSH BEYOND TP

How is ALL NEW X-MEN HC VOL 01, its %50,,

What have you been charging for commissions?

Basically as much as bottle of soda costs at the convention.

The headshots I've been doing for 5 a pop and full body for 12. I haven't done a con in about 3 years so I'm trying to get as many people to buy my stuff as possible. Which is why I discount it even more if the person getting the commission is willing to share online and pimp my work out.

Question for those that have read the Spider-Gwen spoiler, if I really like Spider-Gwen, will I be really pissed at what happens?

Messi

The headshots I've been doing for 5 a pop and full body for 12. I haven't done a con in about 3 years so I'm trying to get as many people to buy my stuff as possible. Which is why I discount it even more if the person getting the commission is willing to share online and pimp my work out.

Question for those that have read the Spider-Gwen spoiler, if I really like Spider-Gwen, will I be really pissed at what happens?

Your work is worth more than that. It's something fantastic stuff. Hope it all sold for you

So far I have:

I'd suggest Batwoman: Elegy. It's available in TP I believe and stands on its own without external reading. There's been much discussion of the level of quality it reaches in this month's thread. One of my favourite trade collections. The New 52 Shazam collection is also excellent. It's completley different in style and tone to Monster Society of Evil, but if you enjoy that and want to read more Shazam, it'd be the next step.

All-New X-Men brought me back into X-Men comics. I'm a fan of the original generation, it's hard to say look past them. For 50% off, go for it.

This is denial . Trust me a know this feeling. She will never get better than this.

Haha. I said a little earlier that I've never read a Nocenti book, so I can't admit denial. The lure of Klarion is just hard to resist. I was going to give it one issue - though there has been some suggestion of sticking with it for the first arc, then I remembered the awful things she did while writing Catwoman.

We should talk. I've been wanting a Mon-El commission! :D

So far I have:

Legion of Super-Heroes: Teenage Revolution Vol 1.

No you won't be pissed, but it's hard to elaborate further without spoiling the supposed ending of Spider-Verse.

Messi

Haha. I said a little earlier that I've never read a Nocenti book, so I can't admit denial. The lure of Klarion is just hard to resist. I was going to give it one issue - though there has been some suggestion of sticking with it for the first arc, then I remembered the awful things she did while writing Catwoman.

Rest assured it won't feel like the Klarion you love. It will be a Klarion shaped person who acts nothing like him and is generic as all hell.

Rest assured it won't feel like the Klarion you love. It will be a Klarion shaped person who acts nothing like him and is generic as all hell.

Maybe I'll just peruse the issue in the store. The only Klarion I have read has been in Seven Soldiers of Victory and Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) - loved his interactions with Steph.

Your work is worth more than that. It's something fantastic stuff. Hope it all sold for you

Thanks, Messi. I'm trying to get a bit of popularity so that's why the prices are low. It's definitely an unsustainable long term strategy though haha

BTW, if anybody is interested, you can read my comic Rage Against the Jackal here. I'm about 70 pages in. I've got 30-40 left. I still need to do some editing on these pages but theyre about 95% done. if anybody has time, I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.

Thanks, Messi. I'm trying to get a bit of popularity so that's why the prices are low. It's definitely an unsustainable long term strategy though haha

BTW, if anybody is interested, you can read my comic Rage Against the Jackal here. I'm about 70 pages in. I've got 30-40 left. I still need to do some editing on these pages but theyre about 95% done. if anybody has time, I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.

I can't read it right away but I'll have a look in after work or on my break and let you know what I think.

tim1138

Maybe I'll just peruse the issue in the store. The only Klarion I have read has been in Seven Soldiers of Victory and Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) - loved his interactions with Steph.

I imagine it's a billion years out of print, but Klarion originated in Kirby's the Demon series (boy was that hard to leave off my desert island list), and the whole series was collected in a nice hardcover omnibus.

Messi

The amount of shit we got for getting Catwoman, all because we like a character. Now Klarion comes out by that very same writer and because they like the character, they are gonna give it a shot. For shame!

my-man-american-gangster-o.gif

Can't say they weren't warned.

The amount of shit we got for getting Catwoman, all because we like a character. Now Klarion comes out by that very same writer and because they like the character, they are gonna give it a shot. For shame!

If I were to have a super villain origin story it would include Nocenti as the cause, and trying to make other people like me, by forcing or tricking them into reading Nocenti. My symphony of destruction.

tim1138

Ain't no one here saying they're gonna pull a Messi and buy every issue three times, just some folks who are gonna check out the first issue and see what it's like. I can guarantee you that if it's awful I won't keep throwing money at it just because I dig Klarion. If that was the case I'd be buying Vendetti's latest disaster just because it has the New Gods in it.

If I were to have a super villain origin story it would include Nocenti as the cause, and trying to make other people like me, by forcing or tricking them into reading Nocenti. My symphony of destruction.

Man, I've been watching Hunter x Hunter on Netflix and just passed that arc

Ain't no one here saying they're gonna pull a Messi and buy every issue three times, just some folks who are gonna check out the first issue and see what it's like. I can guarantee you that if it's awful I won't keep throwing money at it just because I dig Klarion. If that was the case I'd be buying Vendetti's latest disaster just because it has the New Gods in it.

I thought Godhead #1 was really awesome personally.

I'm always fascinated when the lens is turned on "Good Guys"
who are willing to do messed up or morally questionable stuff in the name of good or protecting the greater good

Man, I've been watching Hunter x Hunter on Netflix and just passed that arc

S'good shit mang.

ReAxion

Sometimes we make the good decisions, sometimes we make the bad decisions, but the important thing to remender is this: we all had a good time posting with online comic friends.

Messi

Don't be a Messi :(

Sometimes we make the good decisions, sometimes we make the bad decisions, but the important thing to remender is this: we all had a good time posting with online comic friends.

Daaaaaawwwww group huuuuug

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
If it's dogshit, I'll drop it after 1. Like I did with Ghost Rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom