• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Bit late but I got round to reading Batman #44. Nice little story. I enjoyed it more than the past few issues of the main story. Batman and Jock are a match made in heaven.

Messi

Didn't realize it was Archie week this week!

Was good. Feels like Staples is starting to phone it in a little, though. Jughead is kind of a badass. Writing continues to be top-notch.

I doubt you will have to worry about Fiona Staples phoning it in for much longer.

Mindwipe

I just re-read all of Incognito, Sleeper, and Criminal by Brubaker and Phillips. I need more. So much more.

I also read Manifest Destiny, which I really enjoyed. How can you not like Lewis and Clark and Sacagewa kicking monster ass in the unsettled Louisiana Purchase?

Now I'm out of good stuff to read again.

Have you read The Fade Out? It reads much better in trade...

Black Widow by Waid and Samnee is now official.

Edit: Changed link to the original source, Entertainment Weekly.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/02/marvel-new-black-widow-series

"It’s similar to the way we approached Daredevil, in that we’re not picking up specifically from the end of the previous issue or specifically from any one moment. But we’re acknowledging that, and making use of the fact that what happened in the previous series happened, and using some of that stuff as a springboard," said Waid. "And it is, by Marvel time, at least eight months later. It’s not the next day, anyway. Especially in issue 2 in particular, we’re sort of spring boarding off of some of the previous events, but not so specifically that anyone should feel like they’re missing anything if they didn’t read the previous run."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-announces-black-widow-from-waid-samnee

Some of the faces and anatomy seems... off. Expressions lack a little of the detail, too. Like, page 3 (Comixology page 3, so actual first page), at the bottom, where Jughead pulls Archie out of the way of the car, his whole face is like a handful of lines and some dots. It's actually pretty weird looking (at work or would post pics).

I think she's either bored or just looking forward to wrapping things up.

Sounds around right. The one where Veronica is making jokes in class, the anatomy is weird as hell to me.

Agreed. Though they're already cheap, I will probably just get the trades to keep my CMX library easier to manage of the few Unity books I don't have.

Edit: Though holy shit that's a big price difference on Eternal Warrior. Why the hell was the trade so expensive in the first place?

I'll probably pick up the rest of Alex & Ada too.

Yeah, idk, they have set prices for their trades, regardless of how many pages are in it. However, they usually pad it with an extra relevant issue from another series, but they didn't do that with Days of Steel. Kind of lame tbh.

Oh sweet. This makes it way less expensive to catch up with Unity. I guess Gilad is good for something after all.

That's cold yo

Wow, even the entirety of the latest Unity arc is on sale. That's pretty legit.

Messi

tumblr_lekahdtFGG1qbpt9ao1_500.gif

Mindwipe

So... given that's confirmation Ult Reed is brought into the main universe, do we think it will just end up being him and Miles?

Or would Marvel do something like replacing Nick Fury Junior with a version people actually like?

Happy October!
Point me in the right direction for all the Fall and Halloween themed comics I should be reading (new or old), please!
Not necessarily Fall/Halloween themed, but Locke and Key is a great horror/fantasy book you should check out.
Lil' Gotham has a couple adorable fall/Halloween stories in it. Superman For All Seasons has a fall chapter. Both of those are also good books.
Black Panther
Ms. America
Captain Marvel
Monica Rambeau
Blue Marvel

Literally who the hell could stop this team?
I'm thinking:
Maybe
Dudes that get addressed by celestials.

And
Vulcan.
#believe
He's busy still not existing anymore after Black Bolt beat the hell out of him. Oh, and the whole space-time-rift-bomb that went off.
Hmmm no exclamation points, does not connote excitement.
It's true

Top Bottom