• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to catching up on this at some point. Always surprises me how much I look forward to it.

Great series. The art, man, the art; it's something special.

Doctor Strange: The Last Days of Magic arc... who's been shitting on this in here? We shall FIGHT.

TheFlow

Banned

Doctor Strange: The Last Days of Magic arc... who's been shitting on this in here? We shall FIGHT.
First half was awesome. Second half was meh. This new arc is somewhere inbetween.

One of the weaker books I pull from Marvel

Oh yea for sure. I actually think I would maybe lose interest in the book if Tocchino was to bow out, he's such a huge part of it. Sometimes I've found his storytelling a little hard to parse, but that's got better as the book has went on, and I wouldnt trade what he brings to the table.

Owzers

This is ComicGAF, bro, we don't delay gratification here.

Also Hell in a Cell is that night. I can't handle that much disappointment in one evening.

Roman Reigns is going to sneak into the Owens/Rollins cell.

Also, i bought 24 boxes and opened about 30 boxes from lots of leveling. Still need Ana, bought Mercy with coins early because if i was going to grind a lot i had best do it with a witch mercy skin. Haven't received her skin in a loot box yet, but got two reapers, a roadhog, and junkenstein.

It bums me out so much that MU only has 40 continuous issues of New Mutants. I'm pretty sure that doesn't even cover all of Claremont's run!

ps Magik is best mutant

Roman Reigns is going to sneak into the Owens/Rollins cell.

Also, i bought 24 boxes and opened about 30 boxes from lots of leveling. Still need Ana, bought Mercy with coins early because if i was going to grind a lot i had best do it with a witch mercy skin. Haven't received her skin in a loot box yet, but got two reapers, a roadhog, and junkenstein.

I love Owens and Rollins but this feud has been terrible. Seth should be a mega-face by now, but they ruined that.

The real disappointment is going to be when Sasha Banks gets a career-ending injury when Charlotte drops her on her head or neck from a great height.

I bought Soldier, Reinhardt and Zenyatta with coins. The rest were all drops. They left me sweating for Reaper though, I was down to 2 boxes.

When do you guys start making your jack o lanterns?
No idea how long these hold out before they turn bad

I have never made one.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
First half was awesome. Second half was meh. This new arc is somewhere inbetween.

One of the weaker books I pull from Marvel

Unreal. Tell me you don;t pull anything X-related, at least.

Oh yea for sure. I actually think I would maybe lose interest in the book if Tocchino was to bow out, he's such a huge part of it. Sometimes I've found his storytelling a little hard to parse, but that's got better as the book has went on, and I wouldnt trade what he brings to the table.

Sorry are we talking about Remender or Tocchino? If it's T, I kinda see your point early on, as it does take a few issues to find the flow of his lines.

When do you guys start making your jack o lanterns?
No idea how long these hold out before they turn bad

They okay for awhile I think, if you've hollowed it out real good. I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to do one and she said fuck no. Oh well haha

Sorry are we talking about Remender or Tocchino?

Sorry, Tocchini. Hah. When I say storytelling I meant some of the earlier issues I found it a little hard to actually make out what a character might be doing in a certain panel or how they went from one space to another and so on, just because of the visual style. The visual storytelling. The actual art itself is incredible though and like I said I think he's tightened things up and made them a bit easier to read as the issues went on. Like I say, I totally find him indispensable on the book for my enjoyment haha.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I found it a little hard to actually make out what a character might be doing in a certain panel or how they went from one space to another and so on, just because of the visual style. The visual storytelling. .

I'm going to give this a second look. Could it be cultural idiosyncrasy in visual art/sequential narrative? Tocchino is Brazilian.

I'm going to give this a second look. Could it be cultural idiosyncrasy in visual art/sequential narrative? Tocchino is Brazilian.

Haha that's an interesting point actually, whether it's his art or my perception of it that's changed. Maybe a bit of both. Next time I reread I'll let you know.

Watching the orphanage tonight. Great movie, but really chilling and sad.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Haha that's an interesting point actually, whether it's his art or my perception of it that's changed. Maybe a bit of both. Next time I reread I'll let you know.

Watching the orphanage tonight. Great movie, but really chilling and sad.

Let me know.

Going to read The Longest Day of the Future and then start Y: The Last Man. You fuckers better have been right about Y as I blind bought the entire series in deluxe.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I can't buy any more comics this month. I got a doggy! She's so sweet.

What kind did you get?

I had to take my pup to a 24 hour vet at 2AM last night because she had a bad allergic reaction to something. She's fine. They just pumped her full of benadryl and steroids. But it's always scary when your beautiful pup start looking like Sloth from the Goonies.

After Doctor Strange is out, drug dealers are gonna call their weed "Ditko", "Ancient One", "Strange", and "Kevin Feige".

Avoid anyone that tries to sell you "Doctor Fate". That's bunk weed.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Oh don't worry. There is no doubt with Y. You will not be disappointed.

I know, because some people here will be getting the bill. lol

Putting together another IST order:

Walking Dead Omnibus 2
Walking Dead Compendium 2/3
Doctor Strange Omnibus
Deadly Class- all
Mooncop
The World of Edena
Ronin HC

Maybe East of West-all and Scarlet Witch: Witches Road... but I need to save some for the trades coming out in Nov/Dec.

Messi

Walking Dead Omnibus 2
Doctor Strange Omnibus
Deadly Class- all
Mooncop
The World of Edena
Ronin HC

Maybe East of West-all and Scarlet Witch: Witches Road... but I need to save some for the trades coming out in Nov/Dec.

Get the hardcovers of Deadly Class and East of West. You wont regret it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Walking Dead Omnibus 2

Doctor Strange Omnibus
Deadly Class- all
Mooncop
The World of Edena
Ronin HC

Cool Cool Cool

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was thinking about HC, but I can get all issues in TPB for the price of one HC. Unless the HCs have great exclusive shit?

The East of West is a toss up as I can get them all from my local library.

Yeah I would read them for free first. I'm pretty confident that if you do you'll want them in your physical collection soon enough.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I would read them for free first. I'm pretty confident that if you do you'll want them in your physical collection soon enough.

I read the first TPB and really liked it; that's why I think I'll just buy the rest.

Oh, I checked out Manifest Destiny in my LCS and even thought the plot description from Image doesn't excite, the actual book seems good!

Messi

I was thinking about HC, but I can get all issues in TPB for the price of one HC. Unless the HCs have great exclusive shit?

The East of West is a toss up as I can get them all from my local library.

The hardcover of those books, and especially in deadly classes case are huge. They look so much better in that format imo.

TheFlow

Banned
Unreal. Tell me you don;t pull anything X-related, at least.

Sorry are we talking about Remender or Tocchino? If it's T, I kinda see your point early on, as it does take a few issues to find the flow of his lines.
Read both of the two main x men books. One was bad and the other was just plain boring. Rather read old man Logan and x-23.

Imo Aaron made a rushed ending for the last arc. I know he can do better after reading all of his Thor

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
The hardcover of those books, and especially in deadly classes case are huge. They look so much better in that format imo.

OH! Not like the Saga HC then.

Jesus, Messi changing avatars again...

Flow, why did you find DS boring?

Duress

Dl9Mptrl.jpg

My doggy! She took my couch spot. Sorry for the blurry pic

TheFlow

Banned
Sorry I was referring to the previous comment on Doctor Strange. I know the x-books are boring.
Ok # 7 was great. Then the 5 dollar tie to last days of magic was also fucking great but that was basically the high of the run so far. #8 was decent but then #9 felt like a such a drag. #10-11 feel rushed. The basement situation was handled too easily for that arc. The big bad guy went down so fucking easily which is jarring considering he rekted a full power strange and crew.
This arc is decent because it is a natural follow up to "what happens if strange loses his magic" but just doesn't do it for me. Strange powerless is not as interesting to me.

I put strange on a higher standard than most because of the team working on it. Aaron can do better

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Ok # 7 was great. Then the 5 dollar tie to last days of magic was also fucking great but that was basically the high of the run so far. #8 was decent but then #9 felt like a such a drag. #10-11 feel rushed. The basement situation was handled too easily for that arc. The big bad guy went down so fucking easily which is jarring considering he rekted a full power strange and crew.
This arc is decent because it is a natural follow up to "what happens if strange loses his magic" but just doesn't do it for me. Strange powerless is not as interesting to me.

I put strange on a higher standard than most because of the team working on it. Aaron can do better

I agree with that, but I don't feel the ending was rushed, and I loved the "science rule, magic drools" stuff. Not that familiar with Aaron, I was away for several decades, but I love this series...

And I just tweet about comics studies, which everyone here has shown an intense aversion too so no need to follow me, and UK Bass music.

TheFlow

Banned
I agree with that, but I don't feel the ending was rushed, and I loved the "science rule, magic drools" stuff. Not that familiar with Aaron, I was away for several decades, but I love this series...

And I just tweet about comics studies, which everyone here has shown an intense aversion too so no need to follow me, and UK Bass music.
What! Go read Thor God of Thunder, then the Jane stuff. Basically Aaron tried to what he did with Thor but it didn't quite work as well.

But the last strange arc just had me going " that's it"

Top Bottom