• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Owzers

We're all Skrulls down here

Those skrulls are the worst, how they come down and pretend they are a previous poster. Maybe even change their name and try to get people to accept them.

i actually wasn't late for walking dead, i only thought i was, i had started from the beginning before turning it off.

all this time watching the seahens/cardinals...

We're all Skrulls down here

Don't you guys remember the Secret Invasion promos?

01picon.jpg

1728618-embracechange_01_english.jpg

Skrull children like ice cream too!

Lol nah, I dunno. He just...had this calm and slippery way about him. Like how he manipulates Mariah and always seems to be up to something or not as "generic thug" as he appeared.

In prison he was a thug follower but when he was out he just seemed real dangerous.

I know I'm reading into him more than they probably meant but I just liked his smug surity and kinda hidden danger.
I liked him a lot too. I liked a lot of the characters because despite the over the top nature of the show, they felt very real and grounded. It's why
Diamondback pretty much ruins the show for me

Megatron

I accidentally wound up with a second digital code for Amazing Spiderman 15. Free to whoever wants it. Go to marvel.com/redeem

FCMUHD1CZ17G

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So apparently they -Walking Dead S7 Ep1 and comic spoiler-

Did Glenn's death just like the comic, ultra gore, eye popping out and shit.

Damn o_O

Ah, okay so they initially thought it was food poisoning, but it turns out Dillon had suffered a ruptured appendix. That really sucks. Crazy how that's still such a dangerous thing.

How cool would it be if, when they finally did a Vision HC, it actually looked like this ha?

God damn. Can that happen without you knowing about it? Shit. I'm having mine removed, I don't trust it.

Everything I've ever heard about them is that they are fucking horrendous agony, I think you know, but it was worded that he thought it was food poisoning so I don't know if he tried to see it through at first or whatever. It the nytimes articles, apparently the comment came from Ennis.

The crazy thing is they don't really do much, I don't think people that have them removed miss them all that much.

Click

frye

"Mr. Ennis said his friendship with Mr. Dillon began to evolve into a working partnership in the summer of 1990, over a bottle of Jameson at Mr. Dillon’s home in Dublin, as they talked about what they both wanted to achieve in the comics medium. He said he remembered thinking, of Mr. Dillon: “You’re the one. You’re the guy I can work with.”"

shit

I just feel really bad for his family and friends. Death is never a nice or easy thing to work through even when it's *time*, but over something like that, it would be hard not to feel cheated.

Shade the Changing Girl #1
This is an extremely interesting combination of high school drama, interdimensional shenanigans, psychological thriller, and acid trip. I have to say it's definitely one of the more interesting issues I've read in awhile. Will definitely continue with this. Really curious
about what exactly Megan did to everyone. She was clearly a hyper competitive and manipulative diva. Her manipulation of Teacup and her other "friends" (I use quotes because they made it sound like there was certainly bad blood) indicates she was probably psychotic or sociopathic or something. I mean, they heard about her return and one of them pissed herself. Her parents were terrified and immensely upset that they couldn't pull the plug. And her "friends" were completely willing to leave her assumedly (at the time) OD'd corpse floating in the water. The fuck?

Superman #9
A short, but very fun arc comes to a conclusion. It's enjoyable to see Superman in a simpler light. One that doesn't require him to be some special savior or messianic symbol. It's for just a nice adventure, and a nice build to a greater arc. I wonder
if the man is Oz yet again. I doubt it since he didn't have his staff, but he seemed to be holding multiple components from the events that had just occurred. Akin to when Oz had "moved players off of the board."
Nontheless it was very interesting.
"Mr. Ennis said his friendship with Mr. Dillon began to evolve into a working partnership in the summer of 1990, over a bottle of Jameson at Mr. Dillon’s home in Dublin, as they talked about what they both wanted to achieve in the comics medium. He said he remembered thinking, of Mr. Dillon: “You’re the one. You’re the guy I can work with.”"

shit
That's pretty close to the ultimate kinship right there

Zombine

Banned
Ah, okay so they initially thought it was food poisoning, but it turns out Dillon had suffered a ruptured appendix. That really sucks. Crazy how that's still such a dangerous thing.

How cool would it be if, when they finally did a Vision HC, it actually looked like this ha?

That would require effort.

This is an extremely interesting combination of high school drama, interdimensional shenanigans, psychological thriller, and acid trip. I have to say it's definitely one of the more interesting issues I've read in awhile. Will definitely continue with this. Really curious

Haha great description, def gonna be picking up the first volumes of all these young animal books.

That would require effort.

This is true, I doubt they would break their market study informed trade dress but it's still nice to imagine.

Owzers

I'm coming up with a 100 day action plan to make comicsgaf great again and I'm really trying to work reading comics into it.

shingi70

Banned
Had my appendix taken out in high school, the shitty part is usually the pain just feels like intense side pains or cramps and people either disregard it. Once it ruptures it's typically hard to survive the process and the pain comes up so gradually, that in many ways it can be blink and you missed it. I really feel for Dillion's family.

Re: The Visitor book coming up in February, and the HB & the BPRD 1953 mini-series -

Right okay, if I had read this before the announcement, I would have cottoned on to it being a mini series about the alien almost immediately. That's definitely him during the vision near the end of #3, he's holding up the little capture thing that he eventually gives to HB in Conqueror Worm.

Totally finished all my mignolaverse trades now, rereads and new ones. Probably carry on with Harrow County throughout the week.

Played a little of the infinite warfare beta last night. Maybe it's just playing a lot of gears but it did nothing for me.

TheFlow

Banned
about what exactly Megan did to everyone. She was clearly a hyper competitive and manipulative diva. Her manipulation of Teacup and her other "friends" (I use quotes because they made it sound like there was certainly bad blood) indicates she was probably psychotic or sociopathic or something. I mean, they heard about her return and one of them pissed herself. Her parents were terrified and immensely upset that they couldn't pull the llug. And her "friends" were completely willing to leave her assumedly (at the time) OD'd corpse floating in the water. The fuck?

Superman #9
A short, but very fun arc comes to a conclusion. It's enjoyable to see Superman in a simpler light. One that doesn't require him to be some special savior or messianic symbol. It's for just a nice adventure, and a nice build to a greater arc. I wonder
if the man is Oz yet again. I doubt it since he didn't have his staff, but he seemed to be holding multiple components from the events that had just occurred. Akin to when Oz had "moved players off of the board."
Nontheless it was very interesting.

That's pretty close to the ultimate kinship right there
your shade the changing girl summary is so damn spot on

I survived a ruptured appendix as a boy. Required immediate surgery and the doctor said I'd be gone had we waited a few more hours.

Excruciating pain. The absolute worst.

Top Bottom