• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
Yikes. This is not a good look for you man.

when you sent me that dm
tumblr_inline_msk4s3EnfY1qz4rgp.gif

I think BP rule is going to be challenged as the premise.

"Actor Chadwick Boseman revealed in an interview that he, director Ryan Coogler, and the entire Black Panther production team have been reading Coates’ book as a key influence for the upcoming Marvel film.

While Boseman warns that the film won’t follow the exact plot of Coates’s story arc, he says, “You definitely can tell that Ryan is reading Ta-Nehisi, and I’m reading Ta-Nehisi, and the producers are reading Ta-Nehisi. If we didn’t read what Ta-Nehisi is writing, we would be foolish.”

source:https://www.inverse.com/article/21016-marvel-black-panther-influence-ta-nehisi-coates-comic
It's a nice sentiment, but I wouldn't expect too much more than a basic plot structure and a greater emphasis on political themes.

boi hope out my dm. trying to send me nudes and shit. :X

If you actually have an issue with another poster, there are better ways to handle it. Like actual DMs. A little sniping is fine, but some posters will take comments like this seriously.

Drop this nonsense. This is your warning. It goes for everyone.

Dean White on Jerome Opeña pencils is still probably my most favorite art pairing
Can we all just agree that Laura Martin is a great colorist or nah?
She was one of the first good digital colorists imo.

She's had some sloppy work from time to time but I think many capable colorists for the big 2 took what she was doing as an example of how to make digital color enhance the line art

pretty much every Bryan Hitch and John Cassaday comic
You are confusing Laura Martin with Paul Mounts

How could you

TheFlow

Banned
If you actually have an issue with another poster, there are better ways to handle it. Like actual DMs. A little sniping is fine, but some posters will take comments like this seriously.

got it

Zombine

Banned
She was one of the first good digital colorists imo.

She's had some sloppy work from time to time but I think many capable colorists for the big 2 took what she was doing as an example of how to make digital color enhance the line art

You are confusing Laura Martin with Paul Mounts

How could you

I just love the shades that digital offers. I will forever love real pencils and inks, but digital colors have done so much for the medium I think.

PsychBat!

Banned

OH yeah1?!one!

Rocky IV had a great villain! Fight me!

tim1138

Haha I was sitting trying out why I'd wrote his name down recently, it's lake of fire though. Look forward to seeing how he picks writing up in addition to his usual workload.

Lake of Fire is great, it's aliens meet crusaders. My favorite thing about Fairbairn is his original goal was to be a writer, but taught himself how to color as a way to break in to comics. Nothing like becoming one of the best in the biz to kickstart a writing career.

wait Otto Schmidt colors too? yo I had no idea they colored and drew everything. No wonder they rotate between the 3 of them.

Yep. Green Arrow has been blessed with an amazing team of artists.

Dave Stewart's a God. His work with Mignola is always beautiful.

Hollingsworth is another favorite of mine. I love how he tends to work with more muted colors. You can always tell when he works on a book, and I mean that in a good way.

For sure his work on daredevil/iron fist/hawkeye, really fantastic!

Lake of Fire is great, it's aliens meet crusaders. My favorite thing about Fairbairn is his original goal was to be a writer, but taught himself how to color as a way to break in to comics. Nothing like becoming one of the best in the biz to kickstart a writing career.

Oh wow, I did not know that! That's awesome. He must have talent pouring out of him. Definitely be picking up the first volume to check out.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I can't decide. I used to think it was the person on GA but now Superman, Detective, and others are strong contenders.

also whoever that person who colors for Mighty Thor.
58865024.jpg

Good call. I don't even read Thor but every time I see a page from that book the colors stick out like damn!

Owzers

Deadly Class vol 4 has a nick at the top of the spine so i threw it in the recycling. I'm going to have to just read online what happens i guess. :/

I didn't know who it was, but looking back at the colouring in Waid and Samnee's Daredevil, it's definitely some of my favourite work. Matthew Wilson says the internet.

Deadly Class vol 4 has a nick at the top of the spine so i threw it in the recycling. I'm going to have to just read online what happens i guess. :/

I don't believe you. Even I'm not that fussy.

Boogiepop

So, part way through the Rat Queens hardcover and I'm enjoying it well enough. I'm remembering correctly that the bail-out point is right after the content in this single book, and I shouldn't mess with anything further, yeah?

Owzers

I didn't know who it was, but looking back at the colouring in Waid and Samnee's Daredevil, it's definitely some of my favourite work. Matthew Wilson says the internet.

Okay i FEEL like i should burn it for warmth with the coming winter but i'll probably read it and then sell my trades when the series ends. Luckily my Manhattan Projects vol 2 OHC seems great in the ist order, that was the important book. Squirrel Girl OGN looks fine, American Alien's dust jacket, the most important part, is a little squished/lopsided.

So I'm reading Night of the Monster Men Part 6 after I accidentally bought it, thinking it was the first issue of Detective Comics that I missed. Turned the first page and

AlJ8K.gif

A slightly lesser known name I think, he doesn't have much with the big two, but I really like Bill Crabtree's colours too. Really enjoyed his work on the sixth gun, and he's doing some dark horse work soon. Looks like his most well known thing is invincible though.

Messi

Lemme introduce you to Sillymonkey. He sands down his statues.

Top Bottom