• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Kinda shocked DC doesn't make a deal about the variants...aside from Harley variants.

I bought that Marvel hardcover of the Hip-Hop variants. It's just okay. I know it would have been a pain in the ass having to deal with record companies, but if they got the OK to reprint the original album covers alongside the variants, that book would have been downright amazeballs.

As a TWD comic fan who abandoned the show after season 3 or so I'm fascinated reading impressions from last nights episode. And the swings the reactions have taken. Right after people loved it. Then critics hated it? And now people are mixed?

Messi

DC promotes stories not covers.

Lol. Pre rebirth they had themed variant months. They even went as far as saying they were trying to be better about not releasing more than one or two variants per issue. Harley rebirth had 60 something variants and Batman rebirth had 100.

Oh and pre rebirth. Harley's 30 odd issue series has over 80 covers. Not including her minis which also have variants.

Lol. Pre rebirth they had themed variant months. They even went as far as saying they were trying to be better about not releasing more than one or two variants per issue. Harley rebirth had 60 something variants and Batman rebirth had 100.

Sure but they weren't making such a big deal about it like Marvel is doing. DC is gonna make sure their universe is a main focus instead of a cover overtaking the story. How many people bought the Hip Hop variants and continued reading the books?

Sure but they weren't making such a big deal about it like Marvel is doing. DC is gonna make sure their universe is a main focus instead of a cover overtaking the story. How many people bought the Hip Hop variants and continued reading the books?

The best way to collect variant covers is to just save those jpegs.

Messi

It doesn't have to be the focus but they both still do it. How is a cover overtaking the story? It's a variant. I actually forgot that they were doing hip hop covers.

The hip hop covers were a fun thing just like when DC did movie covers. Both made a big deal about them. DC used to announce a variant theme every other month.

I have no problem with variants. I say this as someone who collects all Harley variants.

Messi

Anyone else read Deadpool #20? It's a really amazing one shot about a girl who is going to commit suicide and Wade sees her. Matteo Lolli does amazing art as always and the story is quite touching.

DPOOL2015020-int-LR2-1.jpg

DPOOL2015020-int-LR2-3.jpg

TheFlow

Banned

Oh and pre rebirth. Harley's 30 odd issue series has over 80 covers. Not including her minis which also have variants.

keyword pre. . I rest my case fam

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Anyone else read Deadpool #20? It's a really amazing one shot about a girl who is going to commit suicide and Wade sees her. Matteo Lolli does amazing art as always and the story is quite touching.

The art does look amazing but the story doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

TheFlow

Banned
It doesn't
why
It doesn't have to be the focus but they both still do it. How is a cover overtaking the story? It's a variant. I actually forgot that they were doing hip hop covers.

The hip hop covers were a fun thing just like when DC did movie covers. Both made a big deal about them. DC used to announce a variant theme every other month.

I have no problem with variants. I say this as someone who collects all Harley variants.
you playing games?

mreddie

There are some notable mistakes in that article and the writer kinda contradicts himself a bit at the end. Other than that I agree that Marvel needs to do more.

Wonder why these books have no names attached yet.

And yeah, DC is smoking them on the LGBT department, Midnight/Apollo is better than the lesser Marvel books.

Sandfox

Wonder why these books have no names attached yet.

And yeah, DC is smoking them on the LGBT department, Midnight/Apollo is better than the lesser Marvel books.
We didn't get creative teams for Nova or the new X-books either. Marvel is choosing to hold off for whatever reason.

Messi

We didn't get creative teams for Nova or the new X-books either. Marvel is choosing to hold off for whatever reason.

I feel like they did this last time too no? We had to wait for a preview book at some con and BC posted fake shit a day before lol

Top Bottom