• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

New Cullen Bunn book announced with art by George Kambadais, quite abruptly actually, since it's out in December. From Z2 comics, who I'm not familar with at all. Anyway the art is kind of interesting, and the plot synopsis reminds me of Firestarter, or the firestarter-esque plot elements of Stranger Things, more than the superhero tagline they gave it. 5 page preview at the link: Click

and a better interview sans preview here: Click

Grave Lilies, follows the story of five mysterious women as they emerge from stasis tubes in the aftermath of a devastating explosion. With no memory of who they are, these women are unscathed, and each develop strange new powers -- "the ability to charm the masses, the power to control plant life, the gift of healing, supernatural senses, and unbelievable physical strength" -- according to a Z2 press release. And those powers will come in handy to evade a shadowy organization hot on their trail.

GL_COVER.jpg

smisk

Also wow, loving Karl kerschl's work for the story he and Brenden Fletcher did for the WW anniversary book

Jesus christ that's gorgeous. Might have to pick that up. Also interestingly enough Kerschl and Fletcher are currently working on an Image book called Isola about a woman and a tiger...

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
People thought it was a bar, it's just a coffee joint.

Tradd Moore Venom cover

I didn't quite know what to make of Tradd Moore's work the first time that I saw it, but I've decided that I really love his stuff. This and that one cover with Deadpool and a girl on a roof are both phenomenal.

Jesus christ that's gorgeous. Might have to pick that up. Also interestingly enough Kerschl and Fletcher are currently working on an Image book called Isola about a woman and a tiger...

Hahah, I actually wrote in one of my following posts after I posted the WW page, I wonder if this is what to expect from Isola! Super psyched. Guess we should see more soon, I think there's a preview in Motor Crush #1 :D

There's a few more pages of Fletcher & Kerschl's story here, along with the Annie Wu cover posted the other day: Click

Owzers

I started Deadly Class vol 4, one issue in and it's pretttttty good and makes me think buying more wasn't a mistake, it's amazing what less
bestiality can do for a series.

Owzers

Today we learned that Sillymonkey has been reading bestiality comics.

You guys could have said " hey, this deadly class series, maybe read Low instead" but nooooooooooooo deadly class is so good blah blah blah. I haven't been this comics-trolled since people recommended Sunstone. I thought it was about rock collecting :(

I guess sillymonkey is only dipping his toes in the bestiality waters. Flow is so deep in he can't even remember what does and what doesn't have bestiality in it

You guys could have said " hey, this deadly class series, maybe read Low instead" but nooooooooooooo deadly class is so good blah blah blah. I haven't been this comics-trolled since people recommended Sunstone. I thought it was about rock collecting :(

Oh and you should read Low! It's really optimistic and uplifting.

Dusknoir

I've been thinking about this lately after watching so Teen Titans Go. Why isn't Beast Boy a supporting character in Cyborg? The shows always pair them off together so why not the comics?

TheFlow

Banned
Why isn't Starfire in Raven.

the teen titan gang that everyone loves doesn't exist in new 52. starfire never hung with raven, and cyborg never hung with robin/beastboy.

from my understanding only Dick and Starfire know each other. If it wasn't for Dick Damian wouldn't have picked starfire.

Dusknoir

the teen titan gang that everyone loves doesn't exist in new 52. starfire never hung with raven, and cyborg never hung with robin/beastboy.

from my understanding only Dick and Starfire know each other. If it wasn't for Dick Damian wouldn't have picked starfire.
You right but before rebirth Black Canary never met Green Arrow.

Messi

I wasn't talking about the team.

eyebrows.gif

Top Bottom