• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Sandfox

Monsters-Unleashed-4-Monster-vs-Hero-Sienkewicz-Variant.jpg

VanWinkle

In for a treat with Justice in that format.

Yup. Such beautiful art. I was really pleasantly surprised by the story as well, as I had heard not so great things about it, but thought it was fairly solid, particularly with Green Lantern and some of the more obscure characters.

Yeah for sure. I read it in paperback a long time ago and loved it. The art is positively glorious in this format.

Boogiepop

Are you gonna get a Non-Compliant tat?
Well, I'm not a tattoo sort of person, but I'd imagine there are much worse ones out there you can get.
I love it, it's one of my favorite books when it actually comes out. I gave up trying to talk about it, because there's a couple folks who think it's "man hating" or some other nonsense and were offended by it, and it just wasn't worth the hassle of talking into the void.

It's cool to hear someone else is digging it, at least! But yeah, much as I could see someone being concerned it was going to go all "men are pigs/all men are awful" going in based on the rough concept, I guess, that's certainly not accurate of the book. Hell, even though they didn't need to, they went expressly against those concerns by
introducing a man who legitimately hates the messed up status quo and desperately wants to change it as a significant character.

But yeah, it's really high quality stuff IMO, so it's a shame it doesn't seem to get more love around here. There are some really great, wonderfully done moments throughout those first 8 issues that have me really interested in seeing how things continue to develop.

ComicGAF. I need help.

Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2?

I cancelled my IW preorder for TF2. I'm gonna wait and see what the general reception is for IW. I was worried that maybe the Legacy Edition would sell out but since that's the only way to get COD4 Activision will probably keep making that version available.

I cancelled my IW preorder for TF2. I'm gonna wait and see what the general reception is for IW. I was worried that maybe the Legacy Edition would sell out but since that's the only way to get COD4 Activision will probably keep making that version available.

I honestly don't care about Modern Warfare, so I'd be getting the standard if I go with IW. I'm genuinely interested in the sci-fi theme, and loved the E3 trailer. Keep in mind, the last Call of Duty game I played was Black Ops.

I honestly don't care about Modern Warfare, so I'd be getting the standard if I go with IW. I'm genuinely interested in the sci-fi theme, and loved the E3 trailer. Keep in mind, the last Call of Duty game I played was Black Ops.

You'll probably get the most out of IW. I love the future shit so I'm gonna get it sooner or later. I want to to play TF2 now cuz I'm real worried that game's community will be almost dead in 3 months.

Only IW's campaign interest's me.

Well that's what I'm mainly looking at here. I know CoD's community can be dog shit. And I really never even dipped my toes into MP modes before Overwatch.

You'll probably get the most out of IW. I love the future shit so I'm gonna get it sooner or later. I want to to play TF2 now cuz I'm real worried that game's community will be almost dead in 3 months.

The IGN gameplay from TF2 looks really rad, too. I just don't think it blew me away in the same manner as that IW space combat trailer. I'll probably play both before Christmas.

Well, I read all the issues of Bitch Planet that are out in one sitting, and I quite enjoyed it. Especially that last one with the realization of
"oh damn, it makes sense that a world like this would also be extra crap to trans people", and that callback to "I don't have a brother" bringing it into context is great. Plus that moment of realization with the violin piece is really well played in terms of subtly conveying that he knows without coming out and saying it.
Are people not keeping up with this one, btw? I feel like I haven't heard much discussion of it in here (though to be fair I tended to skim past posts discussing new issues with big spoiler tags and not pay them attention, because I only just recently have any books I'm up to date on).

I've not read it yet, but glad you reminded me of it. Definitely a book I want to check out at some point, but it's not on the list for some reason.

This one is great too! I quite like the spidey/devil dinosaur one for that matter, all those covers are pretty sweet.

ComicGAF. I need help.

Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2?

For campaign, I dunno bud, I'm not sure either will serve you that well. COD is guarenteed to have brian dead AI, and I read a few sentiments like that about TF (which is always my biggest gripe in these games), and both will be short. Multiplayer wise, going by both betas, Titanfall by a huge stretch!

Are there still NPC's in the Titan Fall MP?

In the beta they deemphasised the grunts, they actually tried to make it you only get your titan through kills, and took out the ticking up by time and the gauge going up by killing grunts but I believe they have reverted on that and reintroduced attrition.

I really want to know, will frontier defence be back in.

Love that Albuquerque cover

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
In the beta they deemphasised the grunts, they actually tried to make it you only get your titan through kills, and took out the ticking up by time and the gauge going up by killing grunts but I believe they have reverted on that and reintroduced attrition.

So they are still there. Oh well. Not like I really wanted to give those dickheads my money anyway after the shit they pulled with the first game.

OMG

She even has an ice variant!

500x1000px-LL-ab4253c4_ezgif-53533195.gif
That is indeed quite dorbz. On the other hand, I'll probably just spend my money on the Emma Frost action figure that my LCS has.
Somebody get me a backwards cap, shades, and and a Gameboy cuz that is baller as fuck.
Seconded
I liked it. Certainly the best of the trilogy it concluded after Messiah Complex and Messiah War.
It's good, but I'd put Messiah CompleX as the best of the trilogy.
Venom has got to be the most likes Spider-Man villain for no reason. I like him and I don't know why.
Evil Spider-Man. Everyone loves an evil version of the hero.
Hope it does. I'll hop in when the good issues start. (Cockrum = Drek)
Whoa Cockrum drew some good arcs. Didn't he draw the whole Black Tom/Juggernaut arc? Because that is one of the greatest comic arcs to make it to the printed page.
WOW, the "Cats in the Cradle" story arc in Secret Six was soooo good.
It really went down a super dark path. Catman is never the same after that.

So this was popping up in my feed...

CvpYDhzWIAAP2-y.jpg
I dropped that book, but panels like that make me wish I hadn't.
And idk, I like most of those designs. Miss Martian is the only real miss. Girl's not storm, no business attempting a Mohawk imo.
I feel the exact same. I look at Ms. Martian and all I can think of is "Storm, you're too old to be with the Teen TItans."

For campaign, I dunno bud, I'm not sure either will serve you that well. COD is guarenteed to have brian dead AI, and I read a few sentiments like that about TF (which is always my biggest gripe in these games), and both will be short. Multiplayer wise, going by both betas, Titanfall by a huge stretch!

The TF2 campaign is supposedly 4 to 7 hours, which isn't too bad. I'm probably also going to play mp since it's there. I'm not a huge fan of the what? 90GB install just for IW? I'm leaning toward Titanfall at the moment mainly because giant robots.

Infamous Iron Man #1
So this is basically Bendis' chance to write an FF book, yeah? Anyways, a very interesting first issue. Definitely roped me and creates a lot of questions, but there's only obe curiosity on my mind:
I thought Ben disliked SHIELD. So what cause him to go over? Does this mean that he's no longer a part of the Guardians? Beyond the weird interaction between Tony's AI and Doom that Bendis is clearly using so Doom has something he can strive to be by making him lesser than Tony,
it's a pretty solid issue that pushes the right buttons.

I'm leaning toward Titanfall at the moment mainly because giant robots.

I mean, this is the better reason than any of those others right? Personally I hope for respawns next game to be kaiju based and then maybe we can get our Pacific rim style in-universe crossover in a few years.

it's going to be real shocking when both the robot and the monster's mothers are called Martha.

PsychBat!

Banned
Bendis might wanna write an actual Fantastic Four book sooner or later.

*Insert terrible JC joke worthy of Joss Whedon's next Avengers script here*

Sandfox

Infamous Iron Man #1
So this is basically Bendis' chance to write an FF book, yeah? Anyways, a very interesting first issue. Definitely roped me and creates a lot of questions, but there's only obe curiosity on my mind:
I thought Ben disliked SHIELD. So what cause him to go over? Does this mean that he's no longer a part of the Guardians? Beyond the weird interaction between Tony's AI and Doom that Bendis is clearly using so Doom has something he can strive to be by making him lesser than Tony,
it's a pretty solid issue that pushes the right buttons.

The Guardians are going their separate ways after CW2.

CAGE! #1
I don't know what this book is. Art's cool, and some of it is funny, but goddamn is this book weird as shit. I realize it's intended to be an homage to old school Luke Cage, but it's still weird as shit. I do like how it somehow actually maintains a level of continuity with other books. Impressive, but I honestly have no idea if I want to read the second issue. Probably will, though.
The Guardians are going their separate ways after CW2.
Ah yes. I had forgotten.

First book of the day is Vision #12 and Tom King nailed the landing. I'll do a simple 10/10. What I really want to talk about is the thanks he gives us fans and the people that surrounded this book which includes his wife. Don't skip on these words.

Trying to catch up on stuff from last week before todays books:

Doctor Strange

Meh? This was not exactly the issue I wanted after the last issue. This just seemed boring and kind of pointless once all said and done. Bleh

Deat of X 2

Well this needed to exist... 2 issues in and we get mostly nothing.

Ninjak

I'm still not fully grasping everything that is going in, but I'm still enjoying the ride. I'm all for weird time travel style stories.

The Fix 6

I love this book and I love the fact that we are now like 5 threads deep into what seemed to be a simple story. This book is like the representation of Michal Pena's stories in Ant-Man. He did this because which he did because when blank happened because, because, because...

Now I need to hurry up and work to go to break to read Vision 12!

ElNarez

Banned
I hate that the Civil War II trade dress doesn't say how many issues are left in this piece of shit comic event. Is it one or two?

I can't fucking stand this mass-scale character genocide. It's like a game of "who can Bendis get the most wrong?".

I hate that the Civil War II trade dress doesn't say how many issues are left in this piece of shit comic event. Is it one or two?

I can't fucking stand this mass-scale character genocide. It's like a game of "who can Bendis get the most wrong?".

Final issue is #8 right before the new year. There's an epilogue in a whole different book as well IIRC.

The TF2 campaign is supposedly 4 to 7 hours, which isn't too bad. I'm probably also going to play mp since it's there. I'm not a huge fan of the what? 90GB install just for IW? I'm leaning toward Titanfall at the moment mainly because giant robots.

I'm hearing TF2 has a pretty bland story with no memorable moments. It doesn't do anything interesting with it's setting and the Titan relationship. I also heard it plays a little like Doom where levels encourage you to move and kill fast. IW has a lot of great potential when it comes to the campaign.

Top Bottom